Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

Nearly twenty years of living here point out to me that Scotland is indisputably a bigoted cesspool in many areas, surely you aren't going to deny that?

Since bigots are always the quickest to cry "bigotry" at any kind of criticism, I'm going to take that with a shovel of salt.

Jesus, delusional or what? Only you could introduce Pakistan into this failed attempt to portray everyone in Northern Ireland as an irredeemable bigot? Only you could blame ALL residents for the failings of a divided community?

Call me a cretin all you want oh great "most influential poster" but it is proof of a terribly failing argument when you resort to petty insults. I have never portrayed Northern Ireland as a paragon of virtue, but you have portrayed Scotland as such, and see fit to sweep rampant bigotry in this country under the carpet. almost as if it didn't exist. Most residents of NI are more than aware of what is around them, but that does not make them ALL bigots.

Your arrogance almost exceeds your own bigotry.

Incidentally, "grubby backwater" coming from a man from Greenock surely is the epitome of ironic pathos.

This is how you defend the indefensible, I suppose.

What exactly was I defending please?

Yes, Orangemen are a bunch of arseholes.

I'm not a member, but I often find those attacking them are quite bigoted themselves.

Since bigots are always the quickest to cry "bigotry" at any kind of criticism, I'm going to take that with a shovel of salt.

So pointing out the obvious makes me a bigot? Cracking argument chum!

Evidence of my bigotry would be more than welcome, or are you going down the VT route of a multicultural Scotland where all live in harmony?

Jesus, delusional or what? Only you could introduce Pakistan into this failed attempt to portray everyone in Northern Ireland as an irredeemable bigot? Only you could blame ALL residents for the failings of a divided community?

Tribal Pakistan is but another medieval backwater of the world, in which terrorist groups are allowed to proliferate owing to their links with the communities around them. Communities in Pakistan are blitzed by drone strikes, whereas the grubby bigots of Norn Ireland are supposedly the 'victims' of entirely home-grown terrorist organisations, which they sheltered and funded for generations.

No-one's buying your sob stories. And, interestingly, Norn Irish terrorists have murdered far more UK citizens than any terrorists operating from Pakistan will. Only the failed statelet can be compared to Pakistan and still lose.

Scotland, being one of the most prosperous and advanced counties in Europe, naturally wins any such comparison with failed states or statelets. Which renders your whole tear-stained strop all rather pointless in the end.

Call me a cretin all you want oh great "most influential poster" but it is proof of a terribly failing argument when you resort to petty insults.

You are a cretin: that is a description, not an insult, champ.

Your arrogance almost exceeds your own bigotry.

Yeah, no-one is interested in your desperate tone-trolling either.

Incidentally, "grubby backwater" coming from a man from Greenock surely is the epitome of ironic pathos.

Greenock is a burgeoning cruise ship destination, with leafy boulevards, fine Victorian architecture and a spectacular location on the Clyde Riviera. The clincher being, of course, that it is located in a country where the residents don't murder each other over their particular brand of sky-fairy.

Unlucky.

Kicked out of the Commons, then on his return to Belfast knocked out by a brick thrown by a loyalist and soaked by a water cannon. Not the best week for Nigel Dodds. He should head down for a few days in Donegal in July next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-23295307

Edited by Waspie

Kicked out of the Commons, then on his return to Belfast knocked out by a brick thrown by a loyalist and soaked by a water cannon. Not the best week for Nigel Dodds. He should head down for a few days in Donegal in July next year.

Posted the YouTube clip of that earlier , what a fud, and that vile bigot Campbell sitting with him .

I do love on the video how he is trying to blame the parades commission, saying the violence was "inevitable" due to their decision

Can anyone tell me why these people are so desperate to march through areas they know they are not welcome or wanted?

I think everyone knows the honest answer to that question. The only people in denial are those who want to do that.

Is it really a fact about "the number of incredible things we have done for the world and given that, proportionately, we have more universities in the QS top 100 rankings than any other nation on Earth." Could you perhaps publish these world wide university tables?

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-news/5813-scotland-tops-global-university-rankings?format=pdf

http://tattie-scones.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/scotland-has-proportionally-more-top.html

http://www.snp.org/media-centre/news/2012/sep/scotland-leads-universities-table

greggy.png

Is it really a fact about "the number of incredible things we have done for the world and given that, proportionately, we have more universities in the QS top 100 rankings than any other nation on Earth." Could you perhaps publish these world wide university tables?

I could list ten incredible Scots and their contributions to the world and they would compare with any other nation in the world. Lets see:

John Logie Baird - invented the television

Alexander Graham Bell - invented the telephone

Andrew Carnegie - steel tycoon and one of the richest men in history, helped revolutionise the modern city and the USA

Alexander Fleming - discovered penicillin, one of the most important discoveries in the history of mankind

David Hume - one of the most important figures in the history of Western philosophy

James Hutton - the father of modern geology

David Livingstone - Africa's most famous explorer, the first (Westerner) to discover Victoria Falls

James Clerk Maxwell - unified electricity, magnetism and optics into a consistent theory, he's third only to Einstein and Newton

Adam Smith - the father of modern economics

James Watt - invented the first useful steam engine, which ultimately brought about the industrial revolution

The scary thing is, people like Joseph Black, Robert Watson-Watt and James Young Simpson (to name but a few) aren't even on my list, as well as many great Scottish writers. Then there are folk like James Cook and Peter Higgs who have a Scottish mum or dad and are therefore half-Scottish. It's incredible really.

greggy.png

When you're done with that, how is the Falkirk political scandal a unionist one; it is a Labour one?

Good Lord.

tumblr_m5pho1y7at1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

What exactly was I defending please?

I'm not a member, but I often find those attacking them are quite bigoted themselves.

So pointing out the obvious makes me a bigot? Cracking argument chum!

Evidence of my bigotry would be more than welcome, or are you going down the VT route of a multicultural Scotland where all live in harmony?

If you lie down with tramps, you get fleas and smell of piss, chum.

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-news/5813-scotland-tops-global-university-rankings?format=pdf

http://tattie-scones.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/scotland-has-proportionally-more-top.html

http://www.snp.org/media-centre/news/2012/sep/scotland-leads-universities-table

greggy.png

I could list ten incredible Scots and their contributions to the world and they would compare with any other nation in the world. Lets see:

John Logie Baird - invented the television

Alexander Graham Bell - invented the telephone

Andrew Carnegie - steel tycoon and one of the richest men in history, helped revolutionise the modern city and the USA

Alexander Fleming - discovered penicillin, one of the most important discoveries in the history of mankind

David Hume - one of the most important figures in the history of Western philosophy

James Hutton - the father of modern geology

David Livingstone - Africa's most famous explorer, the first (Westerner) to discover Victoria Falls

James Clerk Maxwell - unified electricity, magnetism and optics into a consistent theory, he's third only to Einstein and Newton

Adam Smith - the father of modern economics

James Watt - invented the first useful steam engine, which ultimately brought about the industrial revolution

The scary thing is, people like Joseph Black, Robert Watson-Watt and James Young Simpson (to name but a few) aren't even on my list, as well as many great Scottish writers. Then there are folk like James Cook and Peter Higgs who have a Scottish mum or dad and are therefore half-Scottish. It's incredible really.

greggy.png

Good Lord.

tumblr_m5pho1y7at1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

Don't think any of the inventors on your list are accurate, and penicillin was being used be Arabs centuries before.

Don't think any of the inventors on your list are accurate, and penicillin was being used be Arabs centuries before.

Those Irish Arabs are famous for ripping the pish out of dullards with their folk tales, I wouldn't put too much trust in them Captain. :lol: