Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Whenever I see these band names i genuinely have no idea if that’s what they actually call themselves or if it’s meant to be a parody.

That won’t be the band name.  It’ll be the name of the apprentice boys branch they’re playing for.  No surrender is one of the 7 or 8 parent clubs that each branch belongs to.  Craigneuk will belong to that.

53 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Not going to shit you here. I have not a clue what you posted.  but did a left click all alng the ORGANISTION part of your post. 

right click - restart google.

Anyway, what do I have to wear? I;m out if it's a suit.

Something like the picture below.

40 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Does @Bairnardohave an orange t-shirt?

images.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

I had to fill out a council application form for a community parade through town and along the High Street - the risk assessment section had various questions like "is the date significant to your organisation", "has there been any tensions in the past", and "assess the risk to marchers if the route passes through community that may be against the march".

I was a bit confused/naïve as to why they would be asking that until I realised those questions were aimed at a different type of parade...

10 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Unfortunately you're too late, I'm afraid. 

The annual Lanarkshire Bigotry Roadblock/gathering of overweight Protestants was subjected upon the small village of Holytown and surrounding areas on Saturday past.

f**k you, can the police not get another one togther?

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Something like the picture below.

Shut your dirty Lanarkshire mouth Sarge?

I'm going to stir it up here, I know you hate this shite, why do you live IN IT?

Get it to f**k

I had the misfortune of seeing one of these for the first time ever a few weekends ago in Edinburgh. Aside from the typical mouthbreathers I've seen pictured, I was surprised at the amount of younger (probably 16-19ish) folk walking in the parade in their normal clothes, clearly not with any of the groups/clans/whatever for what I assume was no reason other to be edgy or a wind up. 

If it wasn't so annoying getting help up walking to a drinks booking I would have found the whole thing quite sad. 

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

f**k you, can the police not get another one togther?

Oh don't despair, I'm sure they can. After all, half of them supervise the event whilst the other half march in it (maybe).

We're still bang in the middle of marching season, there'll be another one along in a minute.

Holiday today here in Thailand, The big man had his first meeting and talked to 4 or 5 folk(followers)about daily life, and how we suffer. We give monks some food, they splash us with some holy water (we go home). No big shabang!

@The_Kincardine must admit it toe tapping. You do it different. Why?

5 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Holiday today here in Thailand, The big man had his first meeting and talked to 4 or 5 folk(followers)about daily life, and how we suffer. We give monks some food, they splash us with some holy water (we go home). No big shabang!

@The_Kincardine must admit it toe tapping. You do it different. Why?

The OO - what is left of them - is all about the celebration of parliamentary democracy and the rule of law.

Priests blessing the big drum?  I am all for that.  Holy Water on the flautists?  What is not to like.

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

is all about the celebration of parliamentary democracy and the rule of law.

we also have that day, but don't march & we're also not aggressive about it all. Aggressive being them main word? 

I'm all for celebrations, it's the people right, don't get me wrong. This should be celebrated, I just think it's done wrong

Edited by SlipperyP