Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Are we doing more pedantry shit where, again, you're wrong?

What sashes?

Whether the common vernacular use of “sash” for what would be called a “collarette”  by a seamstress is legitimate  or not could be a long and dull argument but regardless of one’s position on that matter.

I think you may have missed the point of the meme somewhat. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Whether the common vernacular use of “sash” for what would be called a “collarette”  by a seamstress is legitimate  or not could be a long and dull argument but regardless of one’s position on that matter.

The Collarette My Father Wore just doesn't work.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sad I won't be in Glasgow until Aug 2nd.  Lovely to see the primacy of parliament being celebrated so tunefully.

That's not terrible to be honest.

Take away a few of the drums, add in a couple of bass flutes, tenor flutes to carry the melody, piccolos to provide harmony and descant (and I do love a descant) then you've got something.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The Collarette My Father Wore just doesn't work.

I think you’d have to switch to 12/8 for that bar to get the extra syllables in.

Which would require a standard of drumming that might be beyond many of these bands

were i on the committee that approves these marches I’d insist on  shit like that and gradually raise the required standard of musicianship 

After a decade or so we’d end up with hardly any of these marches but the few that we did have would sound awesome like Miles Davis jamming with Neil Peart

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I would call it an identifier, as it identifies the wearer as a c**t.

I think you’d have to switch to 12/8 for that bar to get the extra syllables in.

Which would require a standard of drumming that might be beyond many of these bands

were i on the committee that approves these marches I’d insist on  shit like that and gradually raise the required standard of musicianship 

After a decade or so we’d end up with hardly any of these marches but the few that we did have would sound awesome like Miles Davis jamming with Neil Peart

I think I'd prefer Whinhall True Blues!

Waltzing season sounds better than Marching season.