Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

8 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

When Ireland beat Scotland I asked him if he was conflicted and he said I was being racist. 

Considering I'm more Irish than him and I'm also Scottish it was really impressive delusion.

At first I thought he was naive but I'm now convinced it's just trolling. 

I remembered that. It was a throwaway remark, but the boy got hefty triggered by it.

There's folk of all stripes (and strips) that love to wrap themselves in the cloak of oppression and victimhood. It's like an opiate. I get pretty wound up by it sometimes and came close to a heads gone at reading a Celtic fan with the "just for existing" pish.

4 minutes ago, velo army said:

I remembered that. It was a throwaway remark, but the boy got hefty triggered by it.

There's folk of all stripes (and strips) that love to wrap themselves in the cloak of oppression and victimhood. It's like an opiate. I get pretty wound up by it sometimes and came close to a heads gone at reading a Celtic fan with the "just for existing" pish.

“Throwaway remark” 

Aye its all just a big laugh isn’t it, no harm done eh?

It’s hilarious when groups of people sing songs telling you to “go home” and question if you’re really Scottish because of your background.

If you get wound up by hearing about anti catholic attitudes in Scotland, imagine how the people on the receiving end of it feels. 

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

“Throwaway remark” 

It’s hilarious when groups of people sing songs telling you to “go home” and question if you’re really Scottish because of your background.

If you get wound up by hearing about anti catholic attitudes in Scotland, imagine how the people on the receiving end of it feels. 

You've made me curious now you've mentioned it

Are you really Scottish?

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

35 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

When Ireland beat Scotland I asked him if he was conflicted and he said I was being racist. 

Considering I'm more Irish than him and I'm also Scottish it was really impressive delusion.

At first I thought he was naive but I'm now convinced it's just trolling. 

But are you really Scottish? 

27 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

“Throwaway remark” 

He jokingly asked if you were conflicted when Eire beat Scotland. Given how many "tricklers" one sees at the tattie dome, and how many folk supported Jack's lads at my school (and, let's face it, other similar schools), it was a fair enough joke.

A lot of Celtic fans attach themselves to Catholic identity having seldom darkened the door of a church outside of funerals, weddings and Christmas. Often it's a flag of convenience so that they too can feel vicariously victimised.

The fact that you've came out swinging can be quite indicative of a fragile, or imaginary relationship with Catholicism. Card carrying sonny jims tend to be much more sanguine.

Vaya con Dios mi amigo plastico.

26 minutes ago, velo army said:

He jokingly asked if you were conflicted when Eire beat Scotland. Given how many "tricklers" one sees at the tattie dome, and how many folk supported Jack's lads at my school (and, let's face it, other similar schools), it was a fair enough joke.

A lot of Celtic fans attach themselves to Catholic identity having seldom darkened the door of a church outside of funerals, weddings and Christmas. Often it's a flag of convenience so that they too can feel vicariously victimised.

The fact that you've came out swinging can be quite indicative of a fragile, or imaginary relationship with Catholicism. Card carrying sonny jims tend to be much more sanguine.

Vaya con Dios mi amigo plastico.

“Tattie dome”

image.gif.b86b652d180569668d097093b96c86f4.gif

So now you’re questioning my Catholicism for your argument?

Nice 

No wonder the bigots are allowed to march freely in the streets with attitudes like yours 

Anything else you want to have a go at me about? 

Im sorry I’m not Irish, so you know you can’t abuse me for being a “plastic”

All I’m wanting is for people not to be abused, apparently that’s asking a little too much for some. 

Edit: No wonder people born with an Irish background in Scotland don’t exactly embrace Scottish culture. 

Never really Scottish enough for you eh? 

Edited by Clown Job

36 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

“Tattie dome”

image.gif.b86b652d180569668d097093b96c86f4.gif

So now you’re questioning my Catholicism for your argument?

Nice 

No wonder the bigots are allowed to march freely in the streets with attitudes like yours 

Anything else you want to have a go at me about? 

Im sorry I’m not Irish, so you know you can’t abuse me for being a “plastic”

All I’m wanting is for people not to be abused, apparently that’s asking a little too much for some. 

Edit: No wonder people born with an Irish background in Scotland don’t exactly embrace Scottish culture. 

Never really Scottish enough for you eh? 

What? Too soon?

Seriously though, the plastic thing was about catholicism. I don't give a flying crap about Irishness.

You're just an angry guy mate. If you weren't a Celtic supporter with a sense of self righteous victimhood you'd attach yourself to some other group who wallow in such things. 

I despise the Orange walk too (sitting in mass as a boy while having one march past was scary) , but Albus' jibe about your being conflicted by Ireland beating Scotland was a dig at the irish fetishisation that you chaps indulge in and I dare say most fans of your club on here would have taken said joke and brushed it off/had a laugh.

You've gone on a massive rant about Orange walks on the back of a jibe that had nothing to do with it.

You're a grievance junky, plain and simple.

20 minutes ago, velo army said:

What? Too soon?

Seriously though, the plastic thing was about catholicism. I don't give a flying crap about Irishness.

You're just an angry guy mate. If you weren't a Celtic supporter with a sense of self righteous victimhood you'd attach yourself to some other group who wallow in such things. 

I despise the Orange walk too (sitting in mass as a boy while having one march past was scary) , but Albus' jibe about your being conflicted by Ireland beating Scotland was a dig at the irish fetishisation that you chaps indulge in and I dare say most fans of your club on here would have taken said joke and brushed it off/had a laugh.

You've gone on a massive rant about Orange walks on the back of a jibe that had nothing to do with it.

You're a grievance junky, plain and simple.

It’s got nothing to do with the team I support 

I’ve been trying to discuss anti catholic attitudes in Scotland, and how’s it’s sad that we still have and allow annual anti catholic marches in this country. 

No idea being against these things was is considered self righteousness 

You've just decided to come on here and have a go at me questioning my faith, what you thought my cultural background was

While defending others that have done the same, dismissing my points using another old trope how Catholics/ Irish Scots who speak out against the attitudes are playing “victim”

Its not just a joke though is it? It’s a lot nastier than. 

If you genuinely can’t see how it isn’t one, I can’t do much about ignorance

Why do discussing these things upset people like yourself to the point you can only abuse others for mentioning it?

You should probably look in the mirror if you want to see an angry guy. 

Edited by Clown Job

44 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Indeed. Having an Irish background and refusing to embrace Scottish culture are things that seem pretty fundamental to Orangeism 

More importantly

Away from the serious business of world cup qualification Scotland entertain the Black Caps at the end of July as New Zealand arrive in Edinburgh for two T20 games and an ODI at the Grange

Despite having ancestry from Taranaki I'll be right behind Scotland because, unlike some people, I've got my priorities in order and also Scotland are quite frankly going to need all the support they can get.

On 21/06/2022 at 22:15, Clown Job said:

It’s got nothing to do with the team I support 

I’ve been trying to discuss anti catholic attitudes in Scotland, and how’s it’s sad that we still have and allow annual anti catholic marches in this country. 

No idea being against these things was is considered self righteousness 

You've just decided to come on here and have a go at me questioning my faith, what you thought my cultural background was

While defending others that have done the same, dismissing my points using another old trope how Catholics/ Irish Scots who speak out against the attitudes are playing “victim”

Its not just a joke though is it? It’s a lot nastier than. 

If you genuinely can’t see how it isn’t one, I can’t do much about ignorance

Why do discussing these things upset people like yourself to the point you can only abuse others for mentioning it?

You should probably look in the mirror if you want to see an angry guy. 

Before this conversation ends up being conducted in Sanskrit, I'll recap. You came out with the idea that you get abuse just for existing. I labelled this as narcissistic claptrap. I'm not dismissing that it's hurtful as a catholic to be abused by a parade of people whose raison d'etre appears to be to cause such offence and discomfort. It is. I just felt the framing of it to be melodramatic and, frankly, childish. 

What I was having a go at was your having a heid's gone when a poster humorously jibed that you might be conflicted about supporting Scotland or Ireland. I can't speak for them but it didn't read as it they were actually questioning that, just having a go based on a familiar trope (and abetted by your fans' flag and song choices). You then took that very personally and used it (as you did here, when I brought it up) to again go off on one about orange walks. It speaks to a mentality of one who is just aching to play the victim. 

If you are a (prayer) card carrying member of the holy catholic and apostolic church, then mea culpa. I was just going by my experience of my classmates being all about ra hoops, the rebs and personal effrontery at perceived (and often sought) anti-catholicism despite never actually engaging in Catholicism beyond the superficiality of social identity. 

Edited by velo army

49 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

More importantly

Away from the serious business of world cup qualification Scotland entertain the Black Caps at the end of July as New Zealand arrive in Edinburgh for two T20 games and an ODI at the Grange

Despite having ancestry from Taranaki I'll be right behind Scotland because, unlike some people, I've got my priorities in order and also Scotland are quite frankly going to need all the support they can get.

Yaaaaass!! Up tae wur knees in Ngāruahinerangi blood, surrender or yull dieeee!!!

On 21/06/2022 at 12:36, Clown Job said:

c***s like you are the reason people like me get abused for just existing

Glad you think it’s a big laugh with your bad faith arguments and whataboutery 

Utter offensive foul mouthed rubbish.  But sadly it sums up the mentality of people who want religious apartheid in schools to continue.  Wallow in your 19th Century cesspit of tribal division all you want if it comforts you but don't force the rest of the country to accept it. The 21st century could be a welcoming, inclusive and decent place without delusional idiots who seriously believe they 'get abused just for existing ' 

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

3 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Utter offensive foul mouthed rubbish.  But sadly it sums up the mentality of people who want religious apartheid in schools to continue.  Wallow in your 19th Century cesspit of tribal division all you want if it comforts you but don't force the rest of the country to accept it. The 21st century could be a welcoming, inclusive and decent place without delusional idiots who seriously believe they 'get abused just for existing ' 

Come off the fence for God's sake man!

On 21/06/2022 at 23:21, velo army said:

Yaaaaass!! Up tae wur knees in Ngāruahinerangi blood, surrender or yull dieeee!!!

The Ngāruahinerangi are from South Taranaki

which is wrong end of Taranaki as far as I’m concerned 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)