Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Saying ‘breadish’ sounds like an Northern Irish person saying British.

Breadish flegs. 

Bigotry is no laughing matter though. I hope one day Scotland is freed from deep rooted archaic religious hatred.

We can but hope and while the troglodyte adults are beyond help, somehow a way has to be found to bring up future generations free from tribal divisions and archiac religious hatred. But, sadly, with the 'segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever ' merchants holding a powerful and inexplicable hold over our education system I fear that blind hope is all we have.

3 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

We can but hope and while the troglodyte adults are beyond help, somehow a way has to be found to bring up future generations free from tribal divisions and archiac religious hatred. But, sadly, with the 'segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever ' merchants holding a powerful and inexplicable hold over our education system I fear that blind hope is all we have.

Ah the old catholic schools existing are what causes anti catholic abuse argument 

Pathetic and doesn’t help anyone

Next you’ll be telling us if only women didn’t wear short skirts eh?

8 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Ah the old catholic schools existing are what causes anti catholic abuse argument 

Pathetic and doesn’t help anyone

Next you’ll be telling us if only women didn’t wear short skirts eh?

Dear oh dear !! That really is all the segregationists have. They accuse those who want integration of children of all faiths and none as somehow being the ones propagating sectarianism and division. It's akin to calling those who don't want children of different ethnicity educated separately racists and , as we head towards the middle of the 21st century, this crazed Orwellian doublespeak simply won't wash anymore. In this warped and shrinking little world view there simply is no room for progress and enlightenment.  And talking of enlightenment I wouldn't use such an offensive and frankly stupid analogy regarding women in a post about segregated education given the Catholic church's woeful attitude to women's rights in general and reproductive rights in particular.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Dear oh dear !! That really is all the segregationists have. They accuse those who want integration of children of all faiths and none as somehow being the ones propagating sectarianism and division. It's akin to calling those who don't want children of different ethnicity educated separately racists and , as we head towards the middle of the 21st century, this crazed Orwellian doublespeak simply won't wash anymore. In this warped and shrinking little world view there simply is no room for progress and enlightenment.  And talking of enlightenment I wouldn't use such an offensive and frankly stupid analogy regarding women in a post about segregated education given the Catholic church's woeful attitude to women's rights in general and reproductive rights in particular.

c***s like you are the reason people like me get abused for just existing

Glad you think it’s a big laugh with your bad faith arguments and whataboutery 

Edited by Clown Job

20 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Religiously denominated schools are a bit like the monarchy or Americas firearm laws

if they didn’t exist no reasonable person  could seriously argue for their introduction in this day and age but politically we’re kind of stuck with them for the foreseeable future .

54 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

c***s like you are the reason people like me get abused for just excising 

“People like me hate people like that because they hate people like me” certainly has an internal logic but that’s about all

21 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

“People like me hate people like that because they hate people like me” certainly has an internal logic but that’s about all

Yeah I hate bigots and bigot defenders 

If you’re tying to blame catholic schools for Scotlands long sad history of mistreatment and abuse towards its minority catholic population then you’re a bit of a simpleton 

Similar if you’re more interested in closing the schools than banning the anti catholic marches that target people and communities 

The sad thing about sectarianism in Scotland is that these people have so much in common

On the one hand there are people who piss all over Jesus's advice in the Sermon on the Mount :
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you" (King James Version, Mathew 5:44)

But on the other hand there's people who reject that and instead wipe their arse with 
"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" (New Catholic Bible , Mathew 5:44)

If only they realised that they're basically the same

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

4 hours ago, Clown Job said:

c***s like you are the reason people like me get abused for just existing

The absolute fucking nick and state of this narcissistic pish.

2 minutes ago, velo army said:

I know, imagine wanting to be to go out and about your business without getting abused.

Fucking awful, this country has went soft 

If they don’t like the marches then they should go home eh 

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Yeah I hate bigots and bigot defenders 

If you’re tying to blame catholic schools for Scotlands long sad history of mistreatment and abuse towards its minority catholic population then you’re a bit of a simpleton 

Similar if you’re more interested in closing the schools than banning the anti catholic marches that target people and communities 

I absolutely abhor the marches, their hangers-on and the abuse they dish out.  I would ban them.

But as I am capable of keeping more than one thought in my head at one time, perhaps having a school system which perpetuates a division in society and creates a feeling of “them and us” is not helping bring communities together.

7 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I absolutely abhor the marches, their hangers-on and the abuse they dish out.  I would ban them.

But as I am capable of keeping more than one thought in my head at one time, perhaps having a school system which perpetuates a division in society and creates a feeling of “them and us” is not helping bring communities together.

Get rid of the anti catholic marches and then you can discuss phasing out catholic schools

As long as we have these hate marches.

Closing them down is only good news for the bigots 

The schools don’t cause anti catholic bigotry, to try and suggest they are somehow the problem is disingenuous and very much ignorant 

Edit: Imagine wanting to punish the victims of these bigots as a means to stop “division”

Schools or no schools, these people don’t see the catholic minority as equals, they believe they should be second class citizens 

Edited by Clown Job

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Get rid of the anti catholic marches and then you can discuss phasing out catholic schools

As long as we have these hate marches.

Closing them down is only good news for the bigots 

The schools don’t cause anti catholic bigotry, to try and suggest they are somehow the problem is disingenuous and very much ignorant 

“Removing a form of segregation” = “good news for the bigots”

Quite the take. 

2 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

“Removing a form of segregation” = “good news for the bigots”

Quite the take. 

As I said, a very disingenuous argument because you cannot be that naive. 

Scotland sure does loves to blame the Catholics for being targeted by anti catholic bigots at times 

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

As I said, a very disingenuous argument because you cannot be that naive. 

Scotland sure does loves to blame the Catholics for being targeted by anti catholic bigots at times 

I must be that naive then - bearing in mind I also said I would ban the marches.  

In your opinion, what’s the answer to the underlying issue?

Both Catholic and Orange bigotry are, as established earlier, pheomena very much centred around Glasgow. But if you're a Glaswegian feeling dispirited by this then don't let that get you down because the big event in Glasgow arount the 12th of July is the return of international one day cricket to Titwood

Scotland play Namibia on Sunday the 10th, Nepal on Wednesday the  13th, Namibia again on Thursday the 14th  and then Nepal  again on the 17th 

If you're in Ayrshire you could catch Nepal vs Namibia on Monday 11th or Saturday the 16th I'm sure either side would appreciate your support

2 hours ago, velo army said:

When Ireland beat Scotland I asked him if he was conflicted and he said I was being racist. 

Considering I'm more Irish than him and I'm also Scottish it was really impressive delusion.

At first I thought he was naive but I'm now convinced it's just trolling.