Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

8 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Went to watch the 12th activities at Broughshane a few years back. All very civilised, e.g. young lassies' accordion band as first element of the parade. Listened to Jim Allister ranting about the Irish Language Act and the fiendish EU. Some fat middle-aged blokes (who looked like they had Lambeg drums stowed under their shirts) struggling to carry the real drums. Looked odds on for coronaries.

Announcer paid tribute to the guy on the horse who supplied his own steed and regalia. didn't bring his own mole hill, however.

483820474_photo259.jpg.1fe3210a8451495deb038b801da2e251.jpg

Looks like a publicity stunt for McEwan's to me.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Scotland has had a Partitionist administration for over 14 years and it is ridiculous that this shite is evident on the streets of Glasgow.  I couldn't be more embarrassed as a Scot and how this is tolerated.  If Scotland is to progress as a country then a focus on education is needed to rid our streets of this ignorance.

In case you missed it, I took a screenshot:

cyclicists.png.ba8bde276272aff0f0a5da3b357f0f7a.png

Meanwhile, in Dundee:

Even in a feeble attempt at being "normal", and fully aware of the moronic, neanderthal following these marches engender, you still can't prevent yourself from being the self-entitled, ingurlandshire p***k still having a wee snide at the Scottish parliament and SNP domination up here.  Canny help yoursel', chief, eh ??

I sincerely hope that your next shite is a hedgehog and that the shares you hold in Anusol plummet to a point where the market fully bottoms out.

33 minutes ago, Namond Brice said:

I realise he was just doing a bit, but Detournement's 'if you don't like Orange Walks, you're a middle class bigot' is one of the weirdest things on a thread full of weirdo's.

@Detournement's modesty over his team - or even big team - in case he is doxxed is much weirder.

The hysteria on P&B over a tiny number of, mostly, auld men going for a dauner with musical accompaniment is also strange.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

@Detournement's modesty over his team - or even big team - in case he is doxxed is much weirder.

The hysteria on P&B over a tiny number of, mostly, auld men going for a dauner with musical accompaniment is also strange.

if you lived here you would appreciate first hand how it negatively impacts on the rest of the city with main road closures. More significantly, it is the countless acts of anti-social behaviour and sectarian shouting and singing from all ages and both genders who accompany the "auld men going for a dauner" that is more of the issue. That is what the people who live here have to endure each year, time and time again. 

But you don't live in Glasgow or Scotland and therefore you probably were not aware of that.

Or as someone looking in, you are aware of that and are happy to see that sectarianism and bigotry still has the opportunity to manifest itself in likeminded people here. 

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I see your post.  You say nothing.  This is what we're all used to.

What it said was :

"Even in a feeble attempt at being "normal", and fully aware of the moronic, neanderthal following these marches engender, you still can't prevent yourself from being the self-entitled, ingurlandshire p***k still having a wee snide at the Scottish parliament and SNP domination up here.  Canny help yoursel', chief, eh ??

I sincerely hope that your next shite is a hedgehog and that the shares you hold in Anusol plummet to a point where the market fully bottoms out."

Your "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" approach on here doesn't work - for obvious narrow-minded, bigoted, smug reasons as displayed frequently in your rants. 

Scotland has had a Partitionist administration for over 14 years and it is ridiculous that this shite is evident on the streets of Glasgow.  I couldn't be more embarrassed as a Scot and how this is tolerated.  If Scotland is to progress as a country then a focus on education is needed to rid our streets of this ignorance.
[/url] In case you missed it, I took a screenshot:
cyclicists.png.ba8bde276272aff0f0a5da3b357f0f7a.png
Meanwhile, in Dundee:

What a bunch of hate filled gammons playing dress up as pretend soldiers in fancy orange ribbons. Fuelled by hatred and cheap booze no wonder you were a proud member.
To pretend this is anything more than a display of hate is disingenuous. Right minded people wouldn’t have the Klan marching round so why have these troglodytes

9 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

if you lived here you would appreciate first hand how it negatively impacts on the rest of the city with main road closures. More significantly, it is the countless acts of anti-social behaviour and sectarian shouting and singing from all ages and both genders who accompany the "auld men going for a dauner" that is more of the issue. That is what the people who live here have to endure each year, time and time again. 

But you don't live in Glasgow or Scotland and therefore you probably were not aware of that.

Or as someone looking in, you are aware of that and are happy to see that sectarianism and bigotry still has the opportunity to manifest itself in likeminded people here. 

I’m a Catholic and a Nationalist but have always taken the view that these lowlives should have the right to march as banning things is a slippery slope. But if these marches don’t have the broad consent of the public I now take a different view. 

Just now, Thorongil said:

I’m a Catholic and a Nationalist but have always taken the view that these lowlives should have the right to march as banning things is a slippery slope. But if these marches don’t have the broad consent of the public I now take a different view. 

I am neither, and as my mum was a cleaner and we lived in a council house, I hopefully pass Detournment's criteria for having an opinion that counts on this issue.

The marches should be banned or confined to a brown field site and they can march in loops as many times as they want.

wouldn't go along with some people's suggestions that they should only be allowed to march in parks as Glasgow's parks are on the whole fantastic and don't want to see the follower's carnage inflicted on say Bellahouston or Glasgow Green.  

in fact, why not march around a greyhound track with the punters in the stands? Say 25 times round and they can have a mock Catholic Church to go mental at every circuit. The punters can pay a small fee that could go towards the polis and cooncil for dealing with the aftermath.

5 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I am neither, and as my mum was a cleaner and we lived in a council house, I hopefully pass Detournment's criteria for having an opinion that counts on this issue.

The marches should be banned or confined to a brown field site and they can march in loops as many times as they want.

wouldn't go along with some people's suggestions that they should only be allowed to march in parks as Glasgow's parks are on the whole fantastic and don't want to see the follower's carnage inflicted on say Bellahouston or Glasgow Green.  

in fact, why not march around a greyhound track with the punters in the stands? Say 25 times round and they can have a mock Catholic Church to go mental at every circuit. The punters can pay a small fee that could go towards the polis and cooncil for dealing with the aftermath.

I think something definitely needs to change. They can’t be allowed to keep tearing up the city and causing trouble and inconvenience.

The slippery slope argument is nonsense.

Following the awful Brexit scenes in Westminster where obsessives stood for hours bawling, banging and bullying, they introduced a law to specifically deal with absurd and repetitive protests.

This is not beyond us.