Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

15 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Those aren't military style clothes

Those are actual Marines in actual Marine uniforms

The Marine Corp welcomes all as recruits ,it isn't explicitly Anti Catholic or anti anything else 

Military parades on Veterans Day or the 4th aren't exclusionary etc etc

I'm in awe of the mental gymnastics needed to compare them to the OO

It's a Columbus Day parade. 

4 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

The sooner the world is rid of religion, the better. Causes far, far more damage than it prevents. 

If you need to follow the rules of an old book in order to not be a c*nt, you've got issues.

Most of them (on both sides) have probably  never set foot in a church.

Nothing wrong with people having a faith.

These are sectarian hate marches and they should be banned. Simple as that. If it’s supposed to be a celebration of King William and the Boyne then why are folk turning up in Rangers tops, singing sectarian songs and intimidating the public? It’s indisputably offensive and disgusting behaviour. These marches clearly have no place in Scotland in 2021. Get them banned.

5 hours ago, deegee said:

I’ve actually said the very same thing this morning; don’t know why they couldn’t hire somewhere like a football stadium where they can march away to their hearts’ content, and allow the rest of society to carry on with living in the 21st century. 

The police in Dumbarton objected to a march about 10 years ago and it went to the sheriff court for an outcome, it basically created a basis that the police cant object to the march simply because its an orange march, the sheriff held that they basically had the right to do it etc. The costs of that march in Dumbarton was over £100,000 in policing costs so i’d imagine the costs today would be closer to £1,000,000 in total. 

Just now, kennie makevin said:

No, however if we were to start a new country from scratch would we consider it desirable from a social harmony standpoint to separate children at the age of 5 on the basis of their parents religion ?

Boom there it is 

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

When the Church of Scotland wants to distance itself from you…

As a t1m I've always found actual proddies to be a fine bunch of lads. If anything they tend to me more horrified about the OO than our lot. 

2 minutes ago, velo army said:

As a t1m I've always found actual proddies to be a fine bunch of lads. If anything they tend to me more horrified about the OO than our lot. 

I do hate the narrative from the OO that they’re somehow representative of the Protestant community in Scotland 

Good to see the church speaking out 

Scotland has had a Partitionist administration for over 14 years and it is ridiculous that this shite is evident on the streets of Glasgow.  I couldn't be more embarrassed as a Scot and how this is tolerated.  If Scotland is to progress as a country then a focus on education is needed to rid our streets of this ignorance.

In case you missed it, I took a screenshot:

cyclicists.png.ba8bde276272aff0f0a5da3b357f0f7a.png

Meanwhile, in Dundee:

3 hours ago, Dolf said:

This dashing young man is a steward at Ibrox

He wears football boots while on duty and went mental the last time his photo was plastered across social media to the point where he had a friend of his post on Rangersmedia that he would deal with anyone that mocked him online

This is going to please him no end

He can turn up at Ruel Street with his maw like anyone else then, the thick bully.