Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 08:45, dirty dingus said:

Heads gone. A disgusting image. FFS.

Probably just raging that the didn't unfurl a Rangers Petrofact training cup 15/16 winners flag atop the chambers

That is very very embarrassing . it's beyond me how an adult can carry on like that

I could have sworn an earlier statement set them out as a broad church with no affliction to any one group. So what about Protestant Celtic supporters? Now the Scottish Protestants Against Discrimination are Discriminating against their team.
Also is Jim Traynor involved they have clearly been using the thesaurus in word because "prohibition" doesn't really fit well with the sentence.
I wonder how many of these Scottish Protestants Against Discrimination are actually members of a church. I'm guessing none of them and the organisation is just a very thinly veiled way of coming out with some anti-Celtic/Catholic bigotry.

9 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
On 12/07/2020 at 08:15, 101 said:
I could have sworn an earlier statement set them out as a broad church with no affliction to any one group. So what about Protestant Celtic supporters? Now the Scottish Protestants Against Discrimination are Discriminating against their team.
Also is Jim Traynor involved they have clearly been using the thesaurus in word because "prohibition" doesn't really fit well with the sentence.

I wonder how many of these Scottish Protestants Against Discrimination are actually members of a church. I'm guessing none of them and the organisation is just a very thinly veiled way of coming out with some anti-Celtic/Catholic bigotry.

Correct, you would think that the Protestant Church would defend members from discrimination but perhaps a real religion doesn't think issuing statements about a football flag is a good idea. Maybe they don't see how a flag can discriminate against anyone, it's of course their own affair to be offended by the flag but I doubt the Protestant Church see it as a massive problem especially in the context of the world just now.

44 minutes ago, 101 said:

Correct, you would think that the Protestant Church would defend members from discrimination but perhaps a real religion doesn't think issuing statements about a football flag is a good idea. Maybe they don't see how a flag can discriminate against anyone, it's of course their own affair to be offended by the flag but I doubt the Protestant Church see it as a massive problem especially in the context of the world just now.

There, of course, occasions when Scottish Protestants are discriminated against in Scotland but it's never to do with religion or nationality. Folk are black listed for being trade unionists or are refused their rights because of their gender, sexual orientation, race or citizenship, etc.

E-mailing SPAD to point out these occasions and ask why he isn't supporting them but, instead, is focusing on a flag doesn't seem to get a reply sadly.

20 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

“The doctor ASAP”

Is an anagram of

“A prod oath sect”

I couldn’t find a cricket related one

Stupid bloody game.

Oh, hold on...

• 3 months later...

Given the historical regularity of Glasgow teams winning trophies and the particular security considerations it’s entirely understandable that Glasgow council generally doesn’t make as much of a fuss about these things as Edinburgh, Dundee or any of Scotland’s one team towns but they probably should do something to mark the event. A flag on top of the town hall seems apposite

That letter should instead of complaining about that flag be looking for an assurance that when new Rangers break their second innings duck or Thistle get promoted they’ll be honoured in similar style

In more important news however ...

Scotland and Ireland’s women’s teams will travel to Spain next month to play their first cricket since covid started

• 5 months later...
On 26/10/2020 at 11:45, topcat(The most tip top) said:

In more important news however ...

Scotland and Ireland’s women’s teams will travel to Spain next month to play their first cricket since covid started

Well that didn't happen obviously

Scotland's men are due to face Nepal and Namibia in July

That might happen

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

On 17/04/2021 at 21:38, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Well that didn't happen obviously

Scotland's men are due to face Nepal and Namibia in July

That might happen

It should happen, you would think. We can't have another year of no games and lose all the momentum built over the last few years.

• 1 month later...

Looking very likely to happen now. The men played their first ODIs in fucking ages last month out in the Netherlands.

On the domestic front, the 50 over regional series got underway last weekend. It now includes a Performance Academy side, alongside Western Warriors, Eastern Knights and Caledonian Highlanders. 2 double tons on the opening day, Matt Cross with an unbeaten 203 from 156 balls for the Warriors against the Academy, and Jamie Crawley 206 from 144 for the Knights against the Highlanders. Worth keeping an eye on.

• 3 weeks later...

Every time I open Chrome, I get taken to a random Wikipedia page. This is today's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenyan_cricket_team_in_Scotland_in_2008

To summarise, when the Kenyans visited Scotland to play 3 games of cricket in 2008. The first and last games were abandoned without a ball being played (due to rain) and the middle game was cut-short and then abandoned due to rain. 

What a wasted trip. A bit like an Orange Walk really!

On 13/06/2021 at 23:30, die hard doonhamer said:

Looking very likely to happen now. The men played their first ODIs in fucking ages last month out in the Netherlands.

On the domestic front, the 50 over regional series got underway last weekend. It now includes a Performance Academy side, alongside Western Warriors, Eastern Knights and Caledonian Highlanders. 2 double tons on the opening day, Matt Cross with an unbeaten 203 from 156 balls for the Warriors against the Academy, and Jamie Crawley 206 from 144 for the Knights against the Highlanders. Worth keeping an eye on.

After the group  stage the unbeaten Eastern Knights face the Western Warriors in the Final  on Sunday the 11th of  July.

Playing at Titwood gives the Warriors a home advantage but that  didn't help last Month
https://www.cricketscotlandlive.com/match/135042-6064124/scorecard/?liveStream=true&period=1103908

In  6 group games nobody won  batting  2nd  so the  toss is  going  to  be  important

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)