Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

31 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

What a total knob:

The order's Grand Secretary Mervyn Gibson told BBC Talkback that "there will be plenty of time after this to celebrate our traditional anniversaries".

"Indeed those who fought at the Boyne gave up their day and fought a cause, we are asking people to fight a cause today," he said.

59 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

If the authorities had said the 12th was to be cancelled theyd have been outraged and sent their buckfast fuelled goons out to smash the place up as usual. Nobody should be in any way fooled by this ,they're as hateful now as always. 

20 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

If the authorities had said the 12th was to be cancelled theyd have been outraged and sent their buckfast fuelled goons out to smash the place up as usual. Nobody should be in any way fooled by this ,they're as hateful now as always. 

They’ll insist that they get to march whilst keeping 6 feet apart and wearing PPE.

The mask my father wore.

Tony Lewis (of Duckworth-Lewis) has died .

Who knows what he might have gone on to achieve if his life hadn’t been cut short at this point?

I calculate he might have lived to 375 if death had not interrupted.

Just discovered this thread and have realised that DUP stand for  Don't Upset Protestants.   There are some brilliant posts on this thread.   I might start watching the ashes.   

Just to add that I said ashes incase someone tries to out an s before it and tries to ruins my life.  

Edited by HooseLee

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

People will be falling asleep at home, in that case.

• 1 month later...

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18517454.orange-order-hold-virtual-parade-boyne-celebrations-cancelling-physical-marches/

Some marchers in Belfast are reportedly expected to use treadmills with VR headsets to make the experience more realistic.Jim McHarg, grandmaster of the Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland, told the Times: “We are going to have a virtual parade made up of footage of old parades and speeches.

"It will be like the day would have panned out but it will be on YouTube or Facebook.

“It will be a bit like watching Sky Sports just now with football matches from years ago.”

Organisers are also planning to steam live bible readings and other speeches during the celebrations, which commemorate protestant King William III's victory in 1960.

It's not as much fun when you have to steam alone.