Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

2 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

How are  Drumpellier doing these days? My childhood home was beside there; used to enjoy a Saturday afternoon in the summer there.

As usual, coming in second in the Lanarkshire rankings to the finest town in the county. Finished 2nd bottom of the top league, but I'm not sure if that means relegation or not. Always one of the best away days. Good teas, nice folk, and not much of a journey.

To the surprise of nobody:

I posted a while back that for an organisation that supposedly doesn’t like theRoman Catholic Church the orange order does seem to steal a lot of it’s act

That it’s gone this far is less surprising than you’d hope

Bit of a stooshie in Govan this evening. Reading initial reports the view of the police seems to be that the republican march was proceeding as agreed on its scheduled route and was set upon by some chaps who seemed to disagree with their perspective.  

7 minutes ago, HTG said:

Bit of a stooshie in Govan this evening. Reading initial reports the view of the police seems to be that the republican march was proceeding as agreed on its scheduled route and was set upon by some chaps who seemed to disagree with their perspective.  

Republicans attack and disrupt orange marches.

Orange/loyalists start disrupting republican marches.

Just moved to the opposite side of elder park with my Irish misses and currently over in Eire staying with her folks. Her maw was watching it on the news when I went for a piss. Going to have some explaining to do over breakfast this morning.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/trouble-flares-loyalist-protest-irish-19110154

Funny you dont see this sort of counter protest at the hundreds of orange walks in the city. Sensitive souls those poor persecuted protestants. Story really seems to be angry rangers fans set wheelie bin on fire in middle of road.

Get all these marches to f**k.

ALL these marches, whether pro-republican or pro-OO/lloyalists/white horse fils de guillaume have NO PLACE on the public streets in 2019 Scotland.  

If any of these sub-humans want to "celebrate" "honour" strut about in their fancy garb for whatever their particular cause is, then let them get on their usual supporters buses and feck off across the water where they can be with their "ain folks".

Scotland doesn't want any of you.

Thankfully I didn't march down to Titwood to watch the rearranged Scottish Grand Final today as it was played at The Grange for some reason. Unfortunately for everyone Forfarshire, yet again, proved that the undoubted greatest part of Scotland is the East, passing Uddingston's 259 with 8 balls to spare and 6 wickets down.

Since the re-regionalisation of the National League in 2012 it's 7-1 to the East. If that's not proof of the inferiority of anything west of Shotts, them I'm not sure what is.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

Wayhay

Fair enough

If they can’t play nicely then they need to go on the naughty step