Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

7 hours ago, The OP said:

T doesn't stand for Tim. Stands for for something rhyming with Craigs. 

Every day is indeed a schoolday.

I thought it was something that rhymed with harrier.  I would be booted oot the ludge if I made that faux pas in front of the grand master

3 minutes ago, WullieBroonIsGod said:

Every day is indeed a schoolday.

I thought it was something that rhymed with harrier.  I would be booted oot the ludge if I made that faux pas in front of the grand master

It’s weird that there are three terms starting with T which refer to Irishy Catholicy Republicany types.

55 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Village Team on Tour apparently. A South Belfast tribute act to the Village People perhaps?

Only the ones who live in south Belfast, I imagine...

Currently on holiday in Spain, and with some Spanish friends watching coverage of the annual "Running of the bulls" festival in Pamplona. This invariably results in deaths and/or many serious injuries.
Asked by my Spanish friends if we have anything similar in Scotland, I reply that we have Orange walks to endure - and these certainly aren't for those of a nervous disposition.

I think releasing bulls just behind an Orange Walk would improve the spectacle no end!

Away you go you backwards knuckledragging fud

A wonderful carnival was enjoyed by all those who attended in Ballyclare thanks.
Elsewhere, seems Brian O’Driscoll enjoyed the Lambegs in Loughall and Brendan Griffin TD was warmly welcomed at the start of the main Belfast Parade too! Things seem to be moving on step by step eh?

Cracking South East Antrim Parade yesterday, a colourful, exuberant Pageant enjoyed by the thousands who thronged the streets of Ballyclare, before heading through to ‘the Field’ for a picnic afternoon in the sun with their families & friends.
Roast beef & mustard sandwiches, sausage rolls, scotch eggs and a huge flask of tea. Smashing!

Did any Tai*s get dragged from their cars, kids in tow, and get half beaten to death?

Did any Tai*s get dragged from their cars, kids in tow, and get half beaten to death?

Just giving my own perspective on yesterday’s parade(s), but I guess if you have something else to offer, seems you have a captive audience to share it with. Go for it?

Just giving my own perspective on yesterday’s parade(s), but I guess if you have something else to offer, seems you have a captive audience to share it with. Go for it?

I shouldn’t have bitten at your obvious troll of a post but I just despair at the violence that erupts over there during marching season.

I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing well to all folks brutally beaten by a baying mob this July.

I shouldn’t have bitten at your obvious troll of a post but I just despair at the violence that erupts over there during marching season.

I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing well to all folks brutally beaten by a baying mob this July.

Of course, where and when did this happen!?[emoji47]

Some poor soul got half murdered in Portadown.

Aye I read that (start of this month?) terrible, and pure scum who were involved, I assumed the above poster was talking about the parades yesterday.

Just now, RedRob72 said:

Aye I read that (start of this month?) terrible, and pure scum who were involved in that, I assumed the above poster was talking about the parades yesterday.

I think the clue was in the words "I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing well to all folks brutally beaten by a baying mob this July. "

As far as I know the Portadown incident was the only one,  and is obviously one too many, I haven't heard anymore about it, so I'm assuming the lad is still alive, although what sort of shape he's in, I don't know. Trust he's making progress.

If there have been any other incidents of baying mobs brutally beating folks they don't seem to have been reported, as yet.

I think the clue was in the words "I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing well to all folks brutally beaten by a baying mob this July. "
As far as I know the Portadown incident was the only one,  and is obviously one too many, I haven't heard anymore about it, so I'm assuming the lad is still alive, although what sort of shape he's in, I don't know. Trust he's making progress.
If there have been any other incidents of baying mobs brutally beating folks they don't seem to have been reported, as yet.

In what way was it connected to the Orange Order JacksGranda?

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

In what way was it connected to the Orange Order JacksGranda?

None whatsoever.

I thought you were querying how many of these type of incidents there had been, as Daydream had implied there had been numerous ones "I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing well to all folks brutally beaten by a baying mob this July." 

12 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Cracking South East Antrim Parade yesterday, a colourful, exuberant Pageant enjoyed by the thousands who thronged the streets of Ballyclare, before heading through to ‘the Field’ for a picnic afternoon in the sun with their families & friends.
Roast beef & mustard sandwiches, sausage rolls, scotch eggs and a huge flask of tea. Smashing!

Meat pie, sausage roll, it's at the walk you get your hole.

None whatsoever.
I thought you were querying how many of these type of incidents there had been, as Daydream had implied there had been numerous ones "I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing well to all folks brutally beaten by a baying mob this July." 

Yes of course JG, but the implication being that this incident was a direct result of the OO marching season and that those culpable are one and the same, it just isn’t true. Perhaps in the same way that most Nationalists would roundly condemn the reckless sectarian disorder, that has seen successive nights of petrol bomb attacks and stoning of the Fountain in Derry.
The Tar brush has many bristles on here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44816025

Apparently that sort of carry on is allright as long as it's "recreational rioting" according to Sinn Fein, but not allright when it moves beyond that.

Edited by Jacksgranda