Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

28 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

This picture acts as a metaphor for Unionism in Scotland. Stupid people living in deprived areas saluting and defending the very establishment which has left them in said deprived area with nothing to show for it.

Pitiful.

Nothing like as pitiful as the pretentious wankery of your post.  A metaphor Unionism in Scotland, eh?  f**k off.

This picture acts as a metaphor for Unionism in Scotland. Stupid people living in deprived areas saluting and defending the very establishment which has left them in said deprived area with nothing to show for it.
Pitiful.
FF3D5AD8-055B-404D-AE67-C6E68B1B41C6.thumb.png.bc628ccd30e2e45d0c8913ba6edbaf7c.png

Honestly, they are the very definition of vermin.

It's almost difficult to square my left wing beliefs and disavowal of eugenics when these people exist.

Luckily, I just decided they should all be given £3k to spend on whatever they like, and let nature take it's course.

Spoiler

Pro-tip: Every single one of them would spend it on 1000 black pudding suppers within 4 days

4 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Pitiful.

FF3D5AD8-055B-404D-AE67-C6E68B1B41C6.png

I'm not sure you understand what a metaphor is.

4 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

It's almost difficult to square my left wing beliefs and disavowal of eugenics when these people exist.

Luckily, I just decided they should all be given £3k to spend on whatever they like, and let nature take it's course.

Hide contents

Pro-tip: Every single one of them would spend it on 1000 black pudding suppers within 4 days

Where do you get your black pudding suppers?

9 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Pitiful.

I'm sure that Hammy will provide a comparison photo of his luxurious hoose....

6 hours ago, sparky88 said:

I'm not sure you understand what a metaphor is.

It was a pissed-up, 3 in the morning post. Forgive me if I was a little clumsy. The gist of the point still stands though.

11 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Honestly, they are the very definition of vermin.

Poppies on that big flag. Presumably they're all 'lest we forget' morons. 

I would bet that they don't see the massive irony in that. 

To add to the discussion, I think the peepil who were annoying me yesterday were marching down from Possil. Just saying is all. 

I was filled with dread watching walking down Balmore Road before the 75 swung round in front of them like the last chopper out of Saigon.

About the news that Orange Walk marchers were spitting at a priest, is anyone surprised? They did it in the 19th century when they started making a big deal of these things, it’s keeping in with their tradition.

16 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Pitiful.

I'm glad you got a photo of that. I drove past it on my way to the Rock yesterday and wasn't sure if I was hallucinating.

Very staunch.

The colours are green, the colours are blue, When you’re born in this world they give the colours to you, You don’t have a choice. In a city that’s shaped by the scars of the past, Our colours are taken, nailed to the mast, To the songs of the tribes. Some blame it on religion, some call it “The Holy War” A subdivision to cut a city to the core, Another derby day, another casualty, And all the papers say “it’s just another Saturday.” One hundred years of hate and violence, Has brought you home to deathly silence, Your son’s not coming home. History revisited by drunk teenage boys, Too young to remember it, but old enough to die, And the papers say “wrong place, wrong time.” This is our city and these are our colours. Bang the drum, bang the drum, you’re up to your knees in hate Who taught you to hate? In a city that’s shaped by the scars of the past, Our colours are taken, nailed to the mast, To the songs of the tribes. The colours are green, the colours are blue, When you’re born in this world they give the colours to you, You don’t have a choice

Should have let Sevco die too