Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

I thought it was poor of Fife council to host to orange march on their property. However I do like the Loyal Orange Lodges are referred to as LOL that’s about the only thing they get right.

On what grounds could someone who lies in front of the march be arrested unless it was protective custody

2 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I thought it was poor of Fife council to host to orange march on their property. However I do like the Loyal Orange Lodges are referred to as LOL that’s about the only thing they get right.

On what grounds could someone who lies in front of the march be arrested unless it was protective custody

Breach of the peace I'm guessing. Surely that's the catchall?

Breach of the peace I'm guessing. Surely that's the catchall?

I guess but if you lie down surely you are exercising a right to protest? However I doubt they would sit it that way

Locally it's been largely condemned although, as you say, plenty of cretins lapping it up.

I'm embarrassed it's happening in my town and in a twisted way, I hope there's a lot of bother and shames everything about the whole thing.

Disappointed that the whole event passed off without any ‘bother’ or incidence of public disorder!? Hmmm twisted you say...

Disappointed that the whole event passed off without any ‘bother’ or incidence of public disorder!? Hmmm twisted you say...

No enough people there to cause bother. Maybe a few small tremors due to the size of them, be about it.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The catholic population is around 8% in Cowdenbeath according to some census figures found on the inter web.

Obviously 8% is waaaaaay to high.

Actually it is.  When atheists/agnostics are 100% we can maybe ditch this bullshit.

#fuckallreligion

Not interested in any sort of walk, rally or a lot of opinions but I fully support the right to express them. If you don't believe in free speech, right to protest, march, whatever then unfortunately you need to follow up with action and log off right now.
This has been covered before. I'm sound with them having their big bigoted conga line but do it out in a field away from the city so don't f**k up everyone elses day. The big one in Glasgow is a fucking massive pain and in general a total stain on the city.

Aye BBC did quite a long piece on it & finished off with something like "one of the biggest crowds at a march this summer"

As a comparison, here's a note of police estimates of numbers at recent marches:

Cowdenbeath Orange Order - 4,000  marchers

Stirling AUOB - 10,000 marchers

Dumfries AOUB - 15,000 marchers

Glasgow AOUB - 35,000 marchers

Do you have a source on those numbers?

They seem out of whack with the numbers here

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-40498758

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Do you have a source on those numbers?

They seem out of whack with the numbers here

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-40498758

BBC iPlayer still has Reporting Scotland from last night here but it's only available until 6:30 tonight. The exact quote I'm referring to begins at 1:46 - "Police estimate around 4000 people were taking part in today's parade, which is expected to be one of the biggest in Scotland this year"

There are plenty sources for the police estimates for the AOUB marches. Here's the first few I found:

AOUB Dumfries: STV News "A Police Scotland spokesman said: "An estimated 10,000 people took part in today's procession in Dumfries.""

AOUB Stirling: BBC News "Organisers and police estimated 15,000 people took part in Saturday's march"

AOUB Glasgow: The Guardian "Police Scotland estimated that 35,000 supporters turned out for the march"

Edited to add: I've obviously mixed up the Stirling & Dumfries attendances in my original post. The figures above are the correct ones. My main point still stands, however - the estimated attendance at the smallest All Under One Banner march is still two and a half times larger than "one of the biggest in Scotland this year", with AOUB marches still to be held in Dundee (August 18th) and Edinburgh  (October 6th). I'm 100% certain that these marches wil attract significantly higher attendance than Cowdenbeath, but will recieve less airtime on Reporting Scotland.

Edited by lichtgilphead

BBC iPlayer still has Reporting Scotland from last night here but it's only available until 6:30 tonight. The exact quote I'm referring to begins at 1:46 - "Police estimate around 4000 people were taking part in today's parade, which is expected to be one of the biggest in Scotland this year"
There are plenty sources for the police estimates for the AOUB marches. Here's the first few I found:
AOUB Dumfries: STV News "A Police Scotland spokesman said: "An estimated 10,000 people took part in today's procession in Dumfries.""
AOUB Stirling: BBC News "Organisers and police estimated 15,000 people took part in Saturday's march"
AOUB Glasgow: The Guardian "Police Scotland estimated that 35,000 supporters turned out for the march"

Edited to add: I've obviously mixed up the Stirling & Dumfries attendances in my original post. The figures above are the correct ones. My main point still stands, however - the estimated attendance at the smallest All Under One Banner march is still two and a half times larger than "one of the biggest in Scotland this year", with AOUB marches still to be held in Dundee (August 18th) and Edinburgh  (October 6th). I'm 100% certain that these marches wil attract significantly higher attendance than Cowdenbeath, but will recieve less airtime on Reporting Scotland.

Ok I’d got the wrong end of the stick because I didn’t realise what AOUB stood for I thought it was some other kind of orangery

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:22, mjw said:

So did the recent indy marches.
Didn't stop the yoons wetting their knickers about disruption.
Hypocrites every one of them.

Seems the new mono-brow response to folk saying anything about orange fannies stomping about town is whataboutery regarding the recent Indy marches and how utterly divisive (®) they were.

I get that folk have hobbies and interests but imagine being immersed in something as prehistoric and as utterly pointless as Orangism, they fucking love it as well, I don't think they understand the rest of us are pointing-and-laughing at them as they waddle past with their wee daft bunnets on.