The Top 50 Worst Posters In P&B History

A degree is a degree, everyone has one, where its from means f**k all.

However University heirarchy does count within social realms, As VT said, Glasgow > Strath > Caley > UWS > Reid Kerr, Clutching at straws to the max.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However University heirarchy does count within social realms, As VT said, Glasgow > Strath > Caley > UWS > Reid Kerr, Clutching at straws to the max.

Why the f**k are we discussing this anyway?

You are better of getting a dictionary out pal. The words "unwanted" and "tolerant" confuses your little brain.

You lack intelligence.

It's 'your'.

Unlucky.

Great contribution as ever mate.

Ohhhhhh supercaley, a window licker like Boab corrected your spelling. :lol::1eye

That's got to hurt. :lol::thumsup2

Excessive use of smileys = definition of a simpleton.

Ohhhhhh supercaley, a window licker like Boab corrected your spelling. :lol::1eye

That's got to hurt. :lol::thumsup2

You wouldn't get a job making boxes let alone being a box office poster. You remind me of the guy in a news paper who had intercource with his bicycle tire.

Because I'm a sensible poster and don't type anything that breaks the rules of the site.

^ ^ ^ ^ You weren't on here when awra was, so you're basically admitting that you're an alias.

But to be fair you are coming across as a desperate previous banned poster who craves attention on an internet forum. I fear for the human race with the likes of you thieving oxygen.

Edit: To add, you are either extremely stupid or you're wanting people to know you're a previous banned poster, that's what probably makes it sadder than what it is.

^ Grammatical genuis

A degree from Cambridge isn't the same as a degree from the University of the West of Scotland.

A degree from Cambridge isn't the same as a degree from the University of the West of Scotland.

I should of added within reason but those too degrees i doubt will be competing on a regular basis.

Reputation matters still, the number of people in senior positions from "traditional" universities will be higher than say those from Caley, Napier etc...

It's sort of like the glass ceiling, its still there to large extent and a little naïve to think otherwise.

Too, to or two, which?

Uh ohs a duns a boo boo, two.

Reputation matters still, the number of people in senior positions from "traditional" universities will be higher than say those from Caley, Napier etc...

It's sort of like the glass ceiling, its still there to large extent and a little naïve to think otherwise.

You are right yes but i would say that is possibly due to the people that attend those universities being differently minded than someone from Caley.

Having taught in a school that had a head who was pre-dispositioned to recruiting Oxbridge graduates I can tell you that the issue is never quality but pure snobbery - as he he found to his cost when he recruited a first class Cambridge honours grad who was fekking useless.

Don't get me wrong - there are good Oxbridge grads just like there are bad WoSU grads - the point I am making is that the "elite" is based on nothing more than good old-fashioned nepotism.

Sent from my KIS using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Presumably papers are always cross-marked by an external examiner, so a first from Caley isn't really any different to a first from Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Glasgow, apart from in terms of others' misguided perception?

It seems to me that more people will attain high grades in the latter universities, and more outstanding people will go there, because they have higher entry requirements and a better reputation, but if you've got a 2:2 from an ancient university there doesn't seem to be any way you can hang onto the gifted students coat-tails, and lord it over a 2:1 from a former poly.

Presumably papers are always cross-marked by an external examiner, so a first from Caley isn't really any different to a first from Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Glasgow, apart from in terms of others' misguided perception?

It seems to me that more people will attain high grades in the latter universities, and more outstanding people will go there, because they have higher entry requirements and a better reputation, but if you've got a 2:2 from an ancient university there doesn't seem to be any way you can hang onto the gifted students coat-tails, and lord it over a 2:1 from a former poly.

Or you could have Thora and be hailed as a Maths genius because you went to Oxbridge - ala Vorderman >_>

Sent from my KIS using Pie & Bovril mobile app

It depends, if you're going for further study your previous institution could well play a big part. Similarly some companies look specifically for students from higher tier universities, strategy consultancies for example hire almost exclusively from Oxbridge.

On the whole, it actually means f**k all to be honest. It is more an indication of school performance than anything, which in itself means very little. Anyone who tries the snobbery bit is deeply insecure.

Archived