The Top 50 Worst Posters In P&B History

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus was posting long after The Top50 and Mumsnet debacle. I think it was the Pure Gym thread where he stated he was being employed to write pie reviews after the World Cup.

And like Kaiser Soyze, he vanished.

He writes the pie reviews in The International Herald Tribune and Cathay Pacific in flight magazine.

Gus was posting long after The Top50 and Mumsnet debacle. I think it was the Pure Gym thread where he stated he was being employed to write pie reviews after the World Cup.

And like Kaiser Soyze, he vanished.

I'm sure that the planned pie review faltered due to him having work problems.

I'm sure that the planned pie review faltered due to him having work problems.

Riiiiight: in the same that Tim Sherwood's managerial career faltered because he wanted to spend more time with the family.

The pie review was a one-trick effort that started well but grew samey long before the end of a single season. It was not a credible, publishable series and was only followed up by screeds of well-documented fail.

Riiiiight: in the same that Tim Sherwood's managerial career faltered because he wanted to spend more time with the family.

The pie review was a one-trick effort that started well but grew samey long before the end of a single season. It was not a credible, publishable series and was only followed up by screeds of well-documented fail.

You're one of those guys who just want to watch the world burn, eh?

Revelling in other folk's misery and all that.

Far be it from me to stick up for Gus etc, I've wrote why it never happened.. But I was sat in the boozer whilst the 'interview' took place. It was a pretty decent sum he was given (half up front) then he never even wrote anything :lol: .. Fùck knows if he paid the half back tbh.

Oh, totally. I don't think anyone would've batted an eyelid if he'd landed somewhere around 20th or so, but he definitely believed he won. Craig's post was pretty funny, but Gus' acceptance speech was 100% minter material.

At the time Gus was pretty inexplicably very popular off the back of that pie thread. It was green dotted galore and whilst VT is correct that it was only entertaining the first post or two, timing being everything, I expected to see him high in the top ten. His not making top 50 was genuinely surprising.

I felt a little sorry for him in that he was hung out to dry by Craig. If he was going to use him as a patsy, which was genuinely funny, I dont care how many now claim it was obvious, lots were taken in, Gus should have been told about it in advance.

Archived