The Top 50 Worst Posters In P&B History

With P&B just over a decade old, it seems like an appropriate time to put together a list of this nature.

Remember that this poll will cover the entire history of the website, so don't just think about modern posters - think about names from the past who have stopped posting either because they've been banned or just because they've drifted away. Like any poll of this nature, things will still be biased towards the present day because a lot of posters won't remember the old guard, but there's not a great deal I can do about that.

To vote in the awards, send me a DM with your top 5 selections. Votes will be counted as follows:

1st - 5 points

2nd - 4 points

3rd - 3 points

4th - 2 points

5th - 1 point

In the case of tie-breaks, the poster with the most 1st place votes will be given precedence, then the most 2nd place votes and so on.

Let the games begin.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll give everyone until 23:59 next Tuesday to get their votes in.

Already had a few votes so far

Should've waited till the other thread was finished IMO.

My five will be people with 1000s of posts which have contributed nothing in the way of humour, discussion or information.

First person to say "You can't vote for yourself" wins a coconut

Should've waited till the other thread was finished IMO.

My five will be people with 1000s of posts which have contributed nothing in the way of humour, discussion or information.

First person to say "You can't vote for yourself" wins a coconut

You can't vote for yourself

There are two certainties about this thread:

1) Magee will win by a landslide.

2) At some point a Magee alias will turn up.

Magee actually provided a few laughs. I'll be going for the pointless middle aged men whose 'banter' is uniformly shite

Magee actually provided a few laughs. I'll be going for the pointless middle aged men whose 'banter' is uniformly shite

Yeah, I'd say the worst posters are the folk who post regularly without even being noticed.

Yeah, I'd say the worst posters are the folk who post regularly without even being noticed.

Not sure I agree with that. Some of those "unnoticed" posters are actually fairly vital cogs in the machine. Sort of a chiefs and indians thing. Now people who kick the arse out of stuff, they are the worst.

So for example (to keep it topical), someone comes up with a 50 most influential posters idea. This is fine. Immediately after, someone starts a 50 worst topic. Okay, fine. Then there will be a 50 aliases, 50 best, 50 most annoying etc. etc. all started by people with no imagination and who don't care about diminishing returns. The same applies to patter adoption and overuse.

Not sure I agree with that. Some of those "unnoticed" posters are actually fairly vital cogs in the machine. Sort of a chiefs and indians thing. Now people who kick the arse out of stuff, they are the worst.

I think you're thinking of guys who post in the football forums, for example, and aren't particularly "flashy". Craig is correct. There are people with 5k plus posts (some have much more) of which around 80% will be no more than one line or will consist of multiple :Ps or :thumsup2 s.

Archived