Fauldhouse United - ins, outs, shake it all abouts (merged)

housefan

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was nil nil but as far away from a boring goalless draw as you can get... Except for the score! Glens best team for first 30 mins then even till half time. Hoose better in second half and god know how we never scored. Big Murph was outstanding (as was early sun mikey McCormack) to keep Hoose in the game. Glens had a 90th minute "goal" ruled out for offside but 5 mins after the end the word came through.

Looking forward to meeting some new folk and spreading the Buckie

Love next season. Shanksy was taken to hospital after 15 mins with a shoulder/arm/wrist injury. Get well soon. Congratulations to everyone on the management committee players etc. A fantastic achievement. We are... Most definitely.... AITCHYPEEPEEWHY

Dislocated shoulder was the injury Paul. Still managed a few celebration drinks!

Would just like to thank the Glenrothes physio and sub who did all they could to try get my shoulder back in to place, will try pass my thanks on personally but if any glens fans read this could they pass on my thanks.

Gutted that's my season finished but well done to the lads on getting over the finishing line bar a goal scoring miracle from Dalkeith!

A sore heed greeted and pointed the way to the SuperLeague for many a Hoose fan today after an impromptu celebration after the match yesterday. An entertaining and eventful game yesterday against a talented Glenrothes team who had a couple of Fife Fliers in their starting 11. The wee 2 is a player as is the "he disnae look like a player but he's goat gid feet an a bit ay skill" number 7. It was also good to see retro old skool wrestler "Hacksaw Jim Duggan" playing centre half for Glens. Bit out of order though when he pulled a 3 foot length of 4 by 2 and started smacking folk.......

They dominated the first half hour as their central midfield duo ran the show and got to every second ball first. The Hoose eventually shackled them after the enforced subbing of dislocated shoulder victim Shanksy who having chased back and tackled a guy finished his promotion season in agony on the floor on front of the dug outs. Special mention to the Glens medical staff who assisted him for over 5 mins before we managed to get a crane in to lift him off to hospital! He was last heard saying "Ahm never gonna tackle anybuddy a-gain" We never thought you would anyway son.........a vocal and timely instruction from "Davie of the Dug Oot" reorganised the Hoose and we began to get some possession. We started to play a bit and the King could and should have scored at least 1 before the break. As it was, we went in for half time, nervous but feeling better about things having found our feet.

The second half proved to be a nervous affair with chances galore for both teams as the game opened up and players tired. Andy Murphy was outstanding in goal for the Hoose and one save in particular with 5 mins to go when he clawed a top corner bound potential own goal heeder by Big Jamie was absolutely breath taking. Jason Deans also played really well yesterday both defending and attacking well and putting in a hard shift. Mikey McC played well after coming on for Shanksy but a misfiring strike force cost us a victory I think. We missed chances, they missed chances, they ran at us with the ball, we ran at them with the ball. We should have scored 3, they could have scored the same. In injury time they "Scored" their whole dug out ran onto the pitch and down the touch line, Mourinho-esque and in front of the Buckie Boys. They got dogs abuse when they realised it was offside! Wee Colin Buckie Boy summed it up and hollered at the bearded Glens Coach/Manager "Git it right up ye Robert Snodgrass. Git back in yer hole" The guy was a decent sort right through the game and had some banter back with the home support. Best way to be... it is just a game after all and we are all in it for our own team and to enjoy it. Banter makes the world go round. Games like yesterday are why we are all fans. I spoke to the "Illustrious Glens Chairman" and wished them well. He told us a few tales of old foes and woes, highlighting the difficulties associated with trying your best to run a club. The advent of social media and sites like this are great for keeping the fans involved, updated and feeling like they are somehow part of it all. However they can also be poisonous at times.... it's all about how you behave yourself.. He seemed like a decent guy and we shook his hand and wished them well next year.

Word came through as the teams got back to the dressing room that a late goal at Dalkeith meant we were up...... cue a dressing room invasion by the buckie boys, committee, some other fans and a paparazzi camera man who snapped away.... Big bucks apparently for a fotae of the promoted Hoose heros. the Courier editor has been on and offered a 3 figure sum... £1.50.... Celebrations continued long into the night and the Afro left the party around 9pm (That's what I have told the wife) and swayed his way home, content and pondering life in the big league, chip buttie in hand as there were no pies left.. perhaps they have the same supplier as Pumphy?

In short (Not like me!) we deserved something from the game and that ended up as more than points. As one battered old nag said "from Jobby League to Super League".. I have loved my 3 seasons following the Hoose. I am really pleased for the old guys who go to the Hoose. The chance next year to see our wee village team playing against the Alleged Elite in the Biggest League we can get to is brilliant. I hope they enjoy it, I am sure I will. Tommy Brannan, the Jaykit and all the senior supporters... My Buckie Boy's, long journeys away and banging the coo Shed... It has been a pleasure sharing this season with you all. It has been a right laugh more often than not and at the end of the day...... it is only a game.... but it is better when you are a winner!

mon the Hoose!

A sore heed greeted and pointed the way to the SuperLeague for many a Hoose fan today after an impromptu celebration after the match yesterday. An entertaining and eventful game yesterday against a talented Glenrothes team who had a couple of Fife Fliers in their starting 11. The wee 2 is a player as is the "he disnae look like a player but he's goat gid feet an a bit ay skill" number 7. It was also good to see retro old skool wrestler "Hacksaw Jim Duggan" playing centre half for Glens. Bit out of order though when he pulled a 3 foot length of 4 by 2 and started smacking folk.......

They dominated the first half hour as their central midfield duo ran the show and got to every second ball first. The Hoose eventually shackled them after the enforced subbing of dislocated shoulder victim Shanksy who having chased back and tackled a guy finished his promotion season in agony on the floor on front of the dug outs. Special mention to the Glens medical staff who assisted him for over 5 mins before we managed to get a crane in to lift him off to hospital! He was last heard saying "Ahm never gonna tackle anybuddy a-gain" We never thought you would anyway son.........a vocal and timely instruction from "Davie of the Dug Oot" reorganised the Hoose and we began to get some possession. We started to play a bit and the King could and should have scored at least 1 before the break. As it was, we went in for half time, nervous but feeling better about things having found our feet.

The second half proved to be a nervous affair with chances galore for both teams as the game opened up and players tired. Andy Murphy was outstanding in goal for the Hoose and one save in particular with 5 mins to go when he clawed a top corner bound potential own goal heeder by Big Jamie was absolutely breath taking. Jason Deans also played really well yesterday both defending and attacking well and putting in a hard shift. Mikey McC played well after coming on for Shanksy but a misfiring strike force cost us a victory I think. We missed chances, they missed chances, they ran at us with the ball, we ran at them with the ball. We should have scored 3, they could have scored the same. In injury time they "Scored" their whole dug out ran onto the pitch and down the touch line, Mourinho-esque and in front of the Buckie Boys. They got dogs abuse when they realised it was offside! Wee Colin Buckie Boy summed it up and hollered at the bearded Glens Coach/Manager "Git it right up ye Robert Snodgrass. Git back in yer hole" The guy was a decent sort right through the game and had some banter back with the home support. Best way to be... it is just a game after all and we are all in it for our own team and to enjoy it. Banter makes the world go round. Games like yesterday are why we are all fans. I spoke to the "Illustrious Glens Chairman" and wished them well. He told us a few tales of old foes and woes, highlighting the difficulties associated with trying your best to run a club. The advent of social media and sites like this are great for keeping the fans involved, updated and feeling like they are somehow part of it all. However they can also be poisonous at times.... it's all about how you behave yourself.. He seemed like a decent guy and we shook his hand and wished them well next year.

Word came through as the teams got back to the dressing room that a late goal at Dalkeith meant we were up...... cue a dressing room invasion by the buckie boys, committee, some other fans and a paparazzi camera man who snapped away.... Big bucks apparently for a fotae of the promoted Hoose heros. the Courier editor has been on and offered a 3 figure sum... £1.50.... Celebrations continued long into the night and the Afro left the party around 9pm (That's what I have told the wife) and swayed his way home, content and pondering life in the big league, chip buttie in hand as there were no pies left.. perhaps they have the same supplier as Pumphy?

In short (Not like me!) we deserved something from the game and that ended up as more than points. As one battered old nag said "from Jobby League to Super League".. I have loved my 3 seasons following the Hoose. I am really pleased for the old guys who go to the Hoose. The chance next year to see our wee village team playing against the Alleged Elite in the Biggest League we can get to is brilliant. I hope they enjoy it, I am sure I will. Tommy Brannan, the Jaykit and all the senior supporters... My Buckie Boy's, long journeys away and banging the coo Shed... It has been a pleasure sharing this season with you all. It has been a right laugh more often than not and at the end of the day...... it is only a game.... but it is better when you are a winner!

mon the Hoose![/quot

Firstly congratulations getting promoted! Lol banter was class mate! Am no a coach/ manager am the injured captain. Hope the lads arms ok mate am on his side tho, strikers union he should be making tackles! " hacksaw Jim Duggan" that's brilliant and now go stick with him at training. As I said the banter was class, it's a shame " the invisible man white star" wasn't ther to join in the banter with us! ;-) all the best for the rest on the season mate c u in the super league!

Dislocated shoulder was the injury Paul. Still managed a few celebration drinks!

Would just like to thank the Glenrothes physio and sub who did all they could to try get my shoulder back in to place, will try pass my thanks on personally but if any glens fans read this could they pass on my thanks.

Gutted that's my season finished but well done to the lads on getting over the finishing line bar a goal scoring miracle from Dalkeith!

It's no problem mate spoke to our Physio she said your welcome, just glad it wasn't ur other arm. All the best mate hopefully c u in super league!

Well done fauldhouse .... Still the best side I have played against this season

Cheers mate.....just you focus on Wednesdays game. All at the Hoose are rooting for you to overturn the Cuikie and grab that play off place......just think more local derbies if you manage to get up!

Guest brycey

aye it wid b guid tae c bathgate grab the play aff place n join the hoose in the super 2 crakin games wae u guys this seeson awe the best ut the cooky midweek

Seems your the only one who realises Shanksy!!!! Its never done till its done.

Seems your the only one who realises Shanksy!!!! Its never done till its done.

If Dalkeith pip us I'll carry you and one of your fattest mates over that bloody bridge and back! What a cracking game we had at Dalkeith this year... Rampaged to a 4-0 lead at half time then hung on by the skin of our teeth to get the won 4-3. Always good games against you lot.

If Dalkeith pip us I'll carry you and one of your fattest mates over that bloody bridge and back! What a cracking game we had at Dalkeith this year... Rampaged to a 4-0 lead at half time then hung on by the skin of our teeth to get the won 4-3. Always good games against you lot.

Enjoy the Super League.......................when you get there. It will be deserved.

Aye because you will make up that 34 goal deficit and Fauldhouse will lose their last two games while you're winning your last five.

Mmmm so I agree with a Fauldhouse player..............but you decide to focus on what? Maths? Lol

Lol, with any luck you will grab a play off place and come up that way.

It'll be a hard ask but..................................Fauldhouse are deserved promotes with the way they have played this year. Excitement (not realism) perhaps to the fore and we can all understand why.

Still some twists and turns to come in what has been a very good East premier season.

I spoke to the "Illustrious Glens Chairman" and wished them well. He told us a few tales of old foes and woes, highlighting the difficulties associated with trying your best to run a club. The advent of social media and sites like this are great for keeping the fans involved, updated and feeling like they are somehow part of it all. However they can also be poisonous at times.... it's all about how you behave yourself.. He seemed like a decent guy and we shook his hand and wished them well next year.

Yes, he tells a good sob story mate. Always playing the innocent victim. Did he tell you about his past escapades on forums like this? Did he tell you any of his multitude of usernames? Did he tell you how he likes to dish it out but can't take it back? Did he tell you about the texts he sent to innocent people threatening to speak to their superiors at work or how he gets involved in things that have nothing to do with him and leaves his "sidekicks" to bale him out?

IF he did I find it very difficult to believe a man of your intellect fell for that old chestnut mate.

He is no longer the "illustrious chairman" either. I believe the person who gave him that title now refers to him as chairman c@nt.

Archived