Fauldhouse United - ins, outs, shake it all abouts (merged)

housefan

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not been on for a while but things now hotting up . Big game for us on Saturday v Oakley , if we can manage a win , it wont be easy then Penicuick are playing catch up with 5 games in hand , can they win them as we all say better with the points in the bag ,Will the game be on as another week of rain and no signs of a let up .Good luck to Fauldhouse on Saturday

Looking as it could be a 2 horse race for the title and all to play for re 3rd spot.

Good luck to whoever you support for the run in.

CMon the Hoooooooooooooooose.

Blue skies with an icing sugar dusting of alto cirrus as I look north over the Afro garden to the hallowed home of the Hoose. I would not surprised though if a torrential rain storm followed by a sudden drop in temperature rendering the pitch an unplayable ice rink left us without a game again. Such is the luck of the gameless Fauldhoose fan, famine-stricken in recent weeks. So bad were things that the Buckie Boys decided to take in a hastily arranged bounce game last weekend on "the surface of the future," unfortunately against a team of the past. The subzero temperature was in sharp contrast to the lush green fields of new generation astroturf "Graced" by 23 good and true souls.... some Hoose were good, most of the players true honest sorts but it was nothing worthy of serious attention or comment. A half hearted jog-out against a poor looking Blackburn team who beat us less than a year ago... times must have changed.

In fact the game was only brightened up by the appearance 20 minutes in of a "Vision in yellow" rotund sun shaped PUMPHY MAN who became an honorary Buckie Boy and joined the lads on "Wan Fan Hill" desolate but glad of some new patter. Pumphy Man to his credit issued a few broadside blasts as he regaled tales of past glories whilst howling abuse at the old dears clinging onto a pair of boots and their playing memories in the post-twilight of their careers. Blackburn... an interesting "Average age" of 30 plus... and they had about 8 teenagers playing! He set off with a "Ah'll see you lot at the Pumphy Hoose game" to watch "some shower in Whitburn" playing in an even more exposed pitch... the man is a martyr, as we all know from his self imposed penance on this earth following Pumphy.

So REAL fitbaw today hopefully and I fully expect this game to be tougher than when we played Jokey Oakley away earlier in the season. A team who LOOKED like they should be good but played rotten and got trampled over. Even their "Kincardine Pies" couldn't help them that day. Another top of the table clash for us and we usually perform, especially at home.

For any neutrals who want to come along, I have been informed that the Longridge road low tide is at 2pm, ideal for the 2.30KO. Passports can be stamped by FU Punter and big Alex on the gate, any problems, just say you know The Jaykit and you shall get straight though. No body wants to mess with The Jaykit, especially when he hasn;t been fed his Hoose for a few weeks! Hopefully the air will be filled this afternoon, not by rain clouds, but by coo shed happy nonsense.

Mon the fresh legged and voice rested table toppers!

Looking forward to the game and the Hoose/Coo-Shed banter today!

With Penicuik playing in Scottish it gives us a chance to put (hopefully) few more points in the bag and with Jeanfield playing Bathgate today the top 6 position I hope will look healthier for us.

Go the Hoose!!

if youse can win today,. the title is yours to lose

The Hoose march on!

Good hard game today with an evenly matched 1st half. 2nd half however the Hoose dominated and played some really good football, took the chances well and were (IMO) worthy winners.

Few tough games at the top of league next week so a good performance from the Hoose at Montrose could keep us out in front.

Go the Hoose!!

A great result for the table toppers who scrapped their way through a sticky first half to go in after 45 minutes one up through a frisky flier first goal in a while. Amazing what a goal does for confidence as Mark looked a different player after he scored. I hope he takes the confidence of that goal for the remainder of the season and shows us again what he has in the locker.

A better second half from the Hoose who fully deserved the win with strong performances for Gary Fallon and big Jamie Gal who I thought was a defensive rock. Good all round performance from the Hoose without being breath taking.

Heard the Jaykit was under the weather for a wee while but have just put the world to rights with him over a post match beer and glad to say he is as sharp as ever. We are not looking a things through Hoose coloured glasses and we see where we are are, especially if we are to go up.

Another 3 points and a solid performance. More in depth thoughts tomorrow.

Mon and on and on....

For Fear of Flapping like "Frustrated of Fauldhouse" I Feel I need to calm down. I remember my spell as a Manager when I was never off the phone, either chasing new players, or chasing up the ones I had, speaking with senior players, encouraging the hidden under the bushel types.... and that was just my own thoughts regarding the team. Couple that with having to manage a club and the complex personalities... it's no job for a Man with My Mind.

Despite the fact that my Table Topping Team (Touted for The title) Trounced a Troublesome foe in Jokey Oakley, I can't help thinking there has to be more to it that this? Far from pondering the Meaning of Life, I just don't seem to be happy no matter what we do. I see things we do wrong and can't understand why we do them. I hear people congratulate and pontificate the virtues of the ordinary or lucky and see beyond their bluster. I am not a buyer of a non trier. I can't understand how young lads are allowed to argue with the crowd (Oakley #12) when there are obviously more senior and solid heads amongst them who are showing the right attitude (Big bald centre half for Oakley). At Oakley away their number 8 was having a go at our bench during the middle of his own teams humping. He was at it again yesterday and I wonder when those at the top will realise they influence the ones at the bottom, some of whom are clinging desperately to a slippery ladder. Some might make it up but the majority will slip off if they are being shat on from above by that nonsense.

If I talk in riddles then it just shows how I think. I am not blinded by the smoke and mirrors some see and I like to think I don't just call it as I see it, sometimes I reflect and call it like it actually is. There is such a thing as a "Busy fool" and what some people see as hard work is nothing in my eyes if it isn't actually hard work. There is a difference between that and true effort. It is one thing encouraging someone and backing your team but don't get upset when someone sees what is really happening and comments on it. Like the Ricky Burns fans last night cheering Ricky after one decent right hook in the 11th. Perhaps some of them actually thought he was going to get the decision. The heaviest of RB lenses didn't;t even work. Nor indeed do the "Ma team" glasses some wear.

We were a few regulars short yesterday but won against a decent enough team but although not lucky, there facts are clear for those who want to see them. Although I played in Belgium I am no Hercule Poirot.... You can only beat the teams in front of you and that is something we are doing, more often than not. But....

I am a moan I know but just want our good players to play to their potential and want the experienced players to help those struggling a little. I don't want much do I?? I think we can be so much better than we are but we are doing no bad. No below average performances yesterday from the Hoose but a couple of could do betters. Everyone is entitled to an off day now and again, a day when they do ok, enough to win, show class in parts and fade to grey in others. I think Chilli worked his socks off as always and Captain Clark battled as always. Defensively we were good after a shaky spell in the first half caused in no short measure by the Hoose's inability to talk to each other (See above about helping people through). After 5 minutes I thought Gary Fallon was going to be blowing but he got his measure and battled hard and played one of his best games for us.

"Faulhouse United shall be my church and on this Rock I shall build it!" So said messiah Cowan when he signed Andy Murphy and I thought he was excellent and a class above anyone else yesterday. Some great saves and some excellent handling of high crosses which calms a nervy defence and Coo Shed. Well done Andy, you are playing great. I was going to say Keep in up but I think he will and the kid is destined for Higher than the Hoose.

I am a Hoose fan and like most of us, I perhaps want us to be better than we will ever be. Perhaps I'll settle for us being as good as we can be. I'll let you know when that happens. I need to cut out the coffee.....

Mon the Hoose!

Another good performance yesterday as we hopefully continue our march towards the title . Not getting carried away yet as still a lot of hard matches ahead. Well done on getting the park ready as rain taking its toll on parks, Good performances all round yesterday as this was a potential banana skin of a tie as Penicuik on cup duty and to drop points would have given them a boost.

Manager and staff continuing there good work, well done lads keep it going. Away to Montrose next week and hopefully another 3 points but never take anything for granted. CMon the Hoooooooooooooooooooooooose.

Looking forward to the 200 mile round trip today.

Drive drive drive repeat

Drive drive bridge repeat

Drive drive drive repeat

Drive drive pish-stop repeat

Drive drive park repeat

Pass pass pass repeat

Pass pass score repeat

Score score score repeat

Drive drive drive home

Isn't life Simple on a Saturday!

Mon mon mon the-Hoose!

I am sitting in the car park.....

Wind wind wind repeat

Wind wind wind repeat

Bad pass bad pass bad pass repeat

Wind wind wind repeat

Half-hearted whinge wind repeat

Lose-a-goal wind wind repeat

Wind wind mis-2-sitters repeat

Wind lost fair ... Please don't repeat.

And I have still got 2 1/2 hours to get home.

Don't blame the wind it was the same for both teams just that we are more used to it. Great gang up from the Hoose today and sporting in defeat all the best for the rest of the season and hope you go on to win the Title which I am sure you will!

No blame attached to the wind for the defeat and Montrose deffo handled it better than us. Not a great day at the office for us and it had that feel about it like Broughty and like Jeanfield. A good set up at Montrose with a warm welcome extended from the home team to us weary travellers on arrival. Still digesting it, even after nearly 3 hours drive back... Overall we didn't play rotten and didn't play well... Wind killed both teams chance of any sort of flowing play but overall a day best forgotten for us. Well done Montrose, a better team than their league position shows and some good players and honest workers. Take note Hoose....

A few today I thought were absolute shit we all moan but all we ask as supporters is 100 percent effort after a long drive money spent was left gutted don't normally name players but shanksy done more running to the pie stand than he did on the park lazy as f**k for a laddie that has got talent really annoys me to the max head up and onwards congratulations to captain Clark on the birth of his child mon the hoose welcome any reply good or bad

Dear Mr Tracy. I am glad to see that you have toned down what you were going to say!

Wouldnt worry to much lads still think u will win league. Sometimes u get days like today. Montrose must have played well and fair play to them.

Dear Mr Tracy. I am glad to see that you have toned down what you were going to say!

dont want to get lifted of the police to much stress at the moment at this time nobody watching tele in my block anybody looking for a couple sky dishes gie me a shout

Wouldnt worry to much lads still think u will win league. Sometimes u get days like today. Montrose must have played well and fair play to them.

defo can't believe they are down the bottom and made welcome by all club good wee set up just one of those days

Archived