Fauldhouse United - ins, outs, shake it all abouts (merged)

housefan

I have just finished watching "Sunshine on Leith" which was written by the brother of a regular contributor on this forum and a son of Fauldhouse who has done well. A perfect balance to the half wit illiteratti who pollute this forum with their poor grammar and foul mouthed ramblings.... these type of people are the ones who leave a game before half time because it is too cold..... leaving themselves the price of a pie short of a full dinner..... money doesn't seem to be an issue though as they save their money from the collection of empty ginger bottles and potato picking to buy a place in a charity game so they can "Live the dream" and play on a big boys pitch. A worth while endeavour if you were able to play or didn't spend half the game on the part of the body they speak out of most... their Arse.... holes! I think he is still picking the grass out....... it's all just banter though isn't it? Even if I can spell.....

The Buckie boys were in good spirit as we travelled the short distance to a happy hunting ground having won there on the previous two season. Always a good close game and this proved no different... well in terms of the score. The truth of the matter is that without their keeper and the big gangling number nine who were solid performers, they didn't have anything else. In truth the weather was their best defender as it levelled the game as it so often does. A difficult surface and conditions didn't phase the Hoose though as they made a number of chances and could easily have scored 5 in the first half. Livvy number 9 actually had the best chance though and hit the post from a tight angle which could have put them into an undeserved lead. Half time came and no one could believe it was nil nil. Ross Donnelly was imperious in centre midfield and tackled hard, won headers and ran the midfield in a way previously not seen from him. It showed he can be tough when he needs to be and I just hope he can take some of that steel into his normal position and he could prove to be an unplayable against, super asset for the Hoose.

This was a different team in terms of discipline with no mouthing back to the ref and only "Super / Stupid Shanksy" (delete one of the words depending on which way the wind is blowing and how he wants to behave) picked up a yellow. He was carrying an injury but again showed he is the heartbeat of the team for me. He still loves a huff but is a lot better this year and has played brilliantly. Right from 1-11 and when the sub came on, all of them were a credit and played their hearts out and gave 100%. That's all the supporters want. If they do that then their ability will come through and it did, albeit with just one classy free kicked goal from "Super Stupid". A close second man of the match for me..

If you don't kill teams off you often live to regret it but the Hoose rode their luck a little, missing about another 5 certainties which turned out not to be and restricting Livvy to long range shots which did nothing to trouble the Hoose's top class young "Safe hands" Andy Murphy. As the final whistle blew, "The Jayket" was dancing with the Buckie Boys in the perforated roofed coo shed which had more holes in it than tin. It was a relief for the fans but I dare say it was satisfying for Davie Cowan who turned out a shuffled and makeshift team to win a game and show people we can play, we can fight, we can win... and we all do it in the proper way. Credit to Davie as well as the players.

Onwards and upwards and when some of the "Blaw, blaw I ken nothing at aw" have this read to them no doubt there will be more abuse hurled this way. Surprising that.... I thought they were busy... there is a moon to howl at tonight.......

Mon the well behaved Wahoos!

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just finished watching "Sunshine on Leith" which was written by the brother of a regular contributor on this forum and a son of Fauldhouse who has done well. A perfect balance to the half wit illiteratti who pollute this forum with their poor grammar and foul mouthed ramblings.... these type of people are the ones who leave a game before half time because it is too cold..... leaving themselves the price of a pie short of a full dinner..... money doesn't seem to be an issue though as they save their money from the collection of empty ginger bottles and potato picking to buy a place in a charity game so they can "Live the dream" and play on a big boys pitch. A worth while endeavour if you were able to play or didn't spend half the game on the part of the body they speak out of most... their Arse.... holes! I think he is still picking the grass out....... it's all just banter though isn't it? Even if I can spell.....

The Buckie boys were in good spirit as we travelled the short distance to a happy hunting ground having won there on the previous two season. Always a good close game and this proved no different... well in terms of the score. The truth of the matter is that without their keeper and the big gangling number nine who were solid performers, they didn't have anything else. In truth the weather was their best defender as it levelled the game as it so often does. A difficult surface and conditions didn't phase the Hoose though as they made a number of chances and could easily have scored 5 in the first half. Livvy number 9 actually had the best chance though and hit the post from a tight angle which could have put them into an undeserved lead. Half time came and no one could believe it was nil nil. Ross Donnelly was imperious in centre midfield and tackled hard, won headers and ran the midfield in a way previously not seen from him. It showed he can be tough when he needs to be and I just hope he can take some of that steel into his normal position and he could prove to be an unplayable against, super asset for the Hoose.

This was a different team in terms of discipline with no mouthing back to the ref and only "Super / Stupid Shanksy" (delete one of the words depending on which way the wind is blowing and how he wants to behave) picked up a yellow. He was carrying an injury but again showed he is the heartbeat of the team for me. He still loves a huff but is a lot better this year and has played brilliantly. Right from 1-11 and when the sub came on, all of them were a credit and played their hearts out and gave 100%. That's all the supporters want. If they do that then their ability will come through and it did, albeit with just one classy free kicked goal from "Super Stupid". A close second man of the match for me..

If you don't kill teams off you often live to regret it but the Hoose rode their luck a little, missing about another 5 certainties which turned out not to be and restricting Livvy to long range shots which did nothing to trouble the Hoose's top class young "Safe hands" Andy Murphy. As the final whistle blew, "The Jayket" was dancing with the Buckie Boys in the perforated roofed coo shed which had more holes in it than tin. It was a relief for the fans but I dare say it was satisfying for Davie Cowan who turned out a shuffled and makeshift team to win a game and show people we can play, we can fight, we can win... and we all do it in the proper way. Credit to Davie as well as the players.

Onwards and upwards and when some of the "Blaw, blaw I ken nothing at aw" have this read to them no doubt there will be more abuse hurled this way. Surprising that.... I thought they were busy... there is a moon to howl at tonight.......

lol

Another great post kinky, sounds like a well deserved victory. With the constant praise of Ross and the round about way of talking up super/stupid how vital is it that you keep both? Do you think they could move on to bigger/better things?

Another great post kinky, sounds like a well deserved victory. With the constant praise of Ross and the round about way of talking up super/stupid how vital is it that you keep both? Do you think they could move on to bigger/better things?

I think they both are capable of getting a move and playing at a higher level but what I think you need to do so is a little luck, the right attitude and a desire to do it.

We have all seen great players who could have played at higher levels but never do for whatever reason. A rumour circulated last season of a league superstar who "jist wan-stay play way eez pals at am-a-chirs"! Unreal.....

Ross and Shanksy certainly have the skills but who knows if clubs at a higher level would want them? I certainly haven't heard any rumours. They are both playing well though and are integral to anything the Hoose will do this year.

Of course I hope they are playing in a higher level next season with the Hoose!

Mon the transfer targets!

I think they both are capable of getting a move and playing at a higher level but what I think you need to do so is a little luck, the right attitude and a desire to do it.

We have all seen great players who could have played at higher levels but never do for whatever reason. A rumour circulated last season of a league superstar who "jist wan-stay play way eez pals at am-a-chirs"! Unreal.....

Ross and Shanksy certainly have the skills but who knows if clubs at a higher level would want them? I certainly haven't heard any rumours. They are both playing well though and are integral to anything the Hoose will do this year.

Kinky... How's Browne getting on? Seen he hasn't been playing recently , he was decent at Whitburn

Kinky... How's Browne getting on? Seen he hasn't been playing recently , he was decent at Whitburn

The lad was injured and out for a while, came back against kennoway months ago and got felled by a sniper after about 20 minutes chasing a whippet with a number 7 shirt. Never been quoted since.

As Harry says, "We'll be down to the bare bones"

Anyone fancy a game? Hannan... Get some ginger bottles cashed in... You are fae the Hoose...You're on!

The lad was injured and out for a while, came back against kennoway months ago and got felled by a sniper after about 20 minutes chasing a whippet with a number 7 shirt. Never been quoted since.

As Harry says, "We'll be down to the bare bones"

Anyone fancy a game? Hannan... Get some ginger bottles cashed in... You are fae the Hoose...You're on!

He's getting treatment for his back.

do you have question marks over eithers desire to play at a higher level? or their attitude? or even if they will get the lucky break?

I suppose the most important thing would be if anyone would match the asking price as surely fauldhouse wouldnt let them go cheap if they are as vital to the team as you believe and will no doubt have them tied down on long term deals?

Heard Fauldhouse have a game tonight against Airdrie first team - 8pm ko @ Excelsior Stadium....should be a good run out....might pop along

Yes just had that confirmed

was freezing but a good run out for the boys - unlucky to get beat 3 - 0

IF only......you could keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on the Hoose,
If you can trust yourself when all other supporters doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait for a goal and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about by the Hannan’s of this world, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated by practically everyone we beat, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise: “Well, I can’t help it!”

If you can dream of the Superleague - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think quickly and be witty- and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumphant victories and Disasterous defeats
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by Half-wit P&B knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the team you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools and honest shouts and humorous banter.

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn on a pitch of tossers,
And lose, blame it on the ref and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss; except on Pie&Bovril
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after the pies are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on, only 2 minutes to go!'

If you can talk with The Jaykit, Tommy Brannan, Park View crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Duff, Kev, Gonk and Tooty and King Leechy - nor lose the common touch,
if neither Bathgate foes nor loving friendly Hoosians can hurt you,
If all Coo Shed men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving 90 minutes
With 540 seconds' worth of distance run, and shouted fun,
Yours is the Earth, the Coo Shed, the Premier league title and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Buckie Boy, my son!

Mon the Hoose!

IF only......you could keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on the Hoose,

If you can trust yourself when all other supporters doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait for a goal and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about by the Hannan’s of this world, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated by practically everyone we beat, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise: “Well, I can’t help it!”

If you can dream of the Superleague - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think quickly and be witty- and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumphant victories and Disasterous defeats

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by Half-wit P&B knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the team you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools and honest shouts and humorous banter.

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn on a pitch of tossers,

And lose, blame it on the ref and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss; except on Pie&Bovril

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after the pies are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on, only 2 minutes to go!'

If you can talk with The Jaykit, Tommy Brannan, Park View crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Duff, Kev, Gonk and Tooty and King Leechy - nor lose the common touch,

if neither Bathgate foes nor loving friendly Hoosians can hurt you,

If all Coo Shed men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving 90 minutes

With 540 seconds' worth of distance run, and shouted fun,

Yours is the Earth, the Coo Shed, the Premier league title and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Buckie Boy, my son!

Mon the Hoose!

Go the Hoose Bard!!!

Lang mae the Coo Shed Reek!!! ......

As the torrential rain stopped and "The Son of Jaykit" spoke to me a via a rare glimpse of grey through the black skies, a Prophetic and hopeful Plea that I should not take good name of the Hoose in vain and spreading blasphemous rumours about young Ross and other Disciples of Davie Cowan.

In short, Steph told me to stop saying how good they were on here in case someone comes and pinches them!

Well, spend a fiver and hand it to Fu Punter at the "Gateway to the Stars" and come and see for yourself. Wrap up warm as even if my praise doesn't, then the Chief himself is trying to keep people away with the below zero wind chill and driving rain we had to contend with yesterday. He succeeded in keeping the crowd low (there were probably twice as many at a well attended United race night last night) but those hardy souls, brave and true saw a performance to raise their inner core as the Hoose played some astonishing football to rip to bits what was to be honest, a rag tag bunch from Kirriemuir who were out of their league. They had a Peter Pan left back who one hack called "jim duffy's da" who might be going for a hip replacement as he Shaun Martin turned him so many times he was spinning like one of the fast speed wind turbines on the hill. Shaun set up I don't know how many....

The fact it was only six, and I mean ONLY in the true sense of the word is a mystery as we could have been 6 up in the first half where mysterious misfiring from frisky flier (getting better with every run out), red hot chilli (Who scored 2 and was magnificent) and the worst player ever to pull on a Hoose shirt, Ross Donnelly (Edit: Mr S Jaykit jnr,Dug-oot) left the score at a unbelievable 2 zip Hoose at half time. 4 more followed in the 2nd half but it was "Pick a number"....

A great performance in shocking conditions and 3 great points.

We number 7 for kirriemuir played well but was literally p'ssn in the wind as he was given little or no help. He limped off after 70 minutes to a healthy round of applause from the buckie boys, who despite the lies of non believers, actually know a player when they see one and give credit where it is due.

A lot of good players for the Hoose with Gary Fallon playing well for the second week as a stand in centre half, and the Love Doctor solid at left back. I enjoyed this game, despite the cold. Our second goal especially was a joy to the eye and everything the Hoose are and we want.

As Steph mini-Jaykit said "We were rotten, our players are rotten, Ross and Shanksy and Shaun are no attacking threat, Chilli and Kenny are the worst strikers in the league and Big Andy Murphy couldnae catch a cold"... he could have yesterday.. a few did.

Stay away from Park View... we are NOT open for business.

mon the Hoose!

As the torrential rain stopped and "The Son of Jaykit" spoke to me a via a rare glimpse of grey through the black skies, a Prophetic and hopeful Plea that I should not take good name of the Hoose in vain and spreading blasphemous rumours about young Ross and other Disciples of Davie Cowan.

In short, Steph told me to stop saying how good they were on here in case someone comes and pinches them!

Well, spend a fiver and hand it to Fu Punter at the "Gateway to the Stars" and come and see for yourself. Wrap up warm as even if my praise doesn't, then the Chief himself is trying to keep people away with the below zero wind chill and driving rain we had to contend with yesterday. He succeeded in keeping the crowd low (there were probably twice as many at a well attended United race night last night) but those hardy souls, brave and true saw a performance to raise their inner core as the Hoose played some astonishing football to rip to bits what was to be honest, a rag tag bunch from Kirriemuir who were out of their league. They had a Peter Pan left back who one hack called "jim duffy's da" who might be going for a hip replacement as he Shaun Martin turned him so many times he was spinning like one of the fast speed wind turbines on the hill. Shaun set up I don't know how many....

The fact it was only six, and I mean ONLY in the true sense of the word is a mystery as we could have been 6 up in the first half where mysterious misfiring from frisky flier (getting better with every run out), red hot chilli (Who scored 2 and was magnificent) and the worst player ever to pull on a Hoose shirt, Ross Donnelly (Edit: Mr S Jaykit jnr,Dug-oot) left the score at a unbelievable 2 zip Hoose at half time. 4 more followed in the 2nd half but it was "Pick a number"....

A great performance in shocking conditions and 3 great points.

We number 7 for kirriemuir played well but was literally p'ssn in the wind as he was given little or no help. He limped off after 70 minutes to a healthy round of applause from the buckie boys, who despite the lies of non believers, actually know a player when they see one and give credit where it is due.

A lot of good players for the Hoose with Gary Fallon playing well for the second week as a stand in centre half, and the Love Doctor solid at left back. I enjoyed this game, despite the cold. Our second goal especially was a joy to the eye and everything the Hoose are and we want.

As Steph mini-Jaykit said "We were rotten, our players are rotten, Ross and Shanksy and Shaun are no attacking threat, Chilli and Kenny are the worst strikers in the league and Big Andy Murphy couldnae catch a cold"... he could have yesterday.. a few did.

Stay away from Park View... we are NOT open for business.

mon the Hoose!

Kinky you forgot to mention that the Hoose did not receive a single booking (can’t really remember when that last happened....1980 er hmmmm...lol)....and that the ref was excellent, save not giving us the stone wall penalty near the end!! Although I believe he put his hands up to that after the game....so fair play to him.

Not quite sure how we didn't manage 2 x hat-tricks yesterday or going into double figures but at least we made plenty of chances and played some great football in very testing conditions, especially in the 2nd half....but another 3 points on the board for us.

Hope everyone's thawed out by now!!

Go the Hoose...

I am convinced the ref never booked anyone as the ink froze I n his pen. Buckie boys were shouting for big Jamie to "get a card for the lads" when he came on with 15 left and he tried his hardest ! He should have got one for clogging that lad near the dug outs but the ref I think just let a lot of stupid and late tackles go, there was nothing nasty in the game and the conditions were to blame for any late sliding tackles. Ref was good. He actually

"Looked and acted" like a confident lad too. Some of the timid souls we have had this year are a million miles away from him. Good ref, good Hoose, bad weather, poor opponents.

Mon the well behaved!

Archived