Fauldhouse United - ins, outs, shake it all abouts (merged)

housefan

Thought you deserved to win today, best team we've played in this season in my opinion.

I'll post the match highlights in here for you after I put them on YouTube.

Best of luck for the rest of season and see you at Penicuik!

Look forward to seeing the highlights later mate....thanks for that.

Good game for the neutrals amongst the crowd today and us. Although you had a lot of the play today I felt (thankfully for us!) that you just lacked that final finish, although our keeper did have a superb save. Apart from the 1st half goal (great header from Jamie) we missed 2 or 3 really good chances that could've seen us home and dry at half time. Different story 2nd half when I felt you had most of the play and when we went down to 10men I was getting bit worried BUT we held on and missed the easiest chance of the game just before we scored the 2nd....game over.

Penicuik played well and will definitely be up there at the end.....looking forward to visiting Penicuik later in season. Hope the 2 Penicuik committee men that had the scuffle at the end resolve matters....never nice to see that.

Go the hoose!!

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you very much for posting this. I see the coo shed cavaliers contributed to the sound rather than the vision. Most people do say we have a certain look which determines we should be heard and not seen! I did hear king Leitchy of FodHoose contribute in the vinacular. The red card looked a terrible tackle on film and he can't have any complaints. He went to ground about 4 or 5 times before that too and gave away silly free kicks that could have cost us. All I can say is he is an honest player and not

Malicious. So it was a genuine unintentional assault!

Mon Sam the Ass Ass Sin!

Thank you very much for posting this. I see the coo shed cavaliers contributed to the sound rather than the vision. Most people do say we have a certain look which determines we should be heard and not seen! I did hear king Leitchy of FodHoose contribute in the vinacular. The red card looked a terrible tackle on film and he can't have any complaints. He went to ground about 4 or 5 times before that too and gave away silly free kicks that could have cost us. All I can say is he is an honest player and not

Malicious. So it was a genuine unintentional assault!

Mon Sam the Ass Ass Sin!

Just watched the highlights there. Looked a good hard game keenly fought but that tackle was hellish! Obviously I don't know the boy but I watched it a few times and if he was going for the ball then I'll eat my willy.....and I'm not a big eater!

Please to see you boys get a good result yesterday. Will be keeping an eye on your performances and wish you well after the excellent reception I got when I covered your game.

Everybody loves the hoose, hopefully see you guys at St Andrews and Ballingry next season in the Super League

Just watched the highlights there. Looked a good hard game keenly fought but that tackle was hellish! Obviously I don't know the boy but I watched it a few times and if he was going for the ball then I'll eat my willy.....and I'm not a big eater!

I have watched the lad for years and he is a hard working honest utility player. Not malicious, doesn't even swear ( he will love the Hoose fans then!) but.... He won't have been trying to do the lad and unfortunately I know he was going for the ball. With a bad touch the next touch is a tackle. It is a shocking tackle on film and there is no excuses from me other than I would defend him by saying he just gets over enthusiastic and dives in too often, should stay on his feet more (. 3 edge of the box free kicks for you yesterday) and this is the inevitable result of that. Not malicious but dangerous in the extreme. He didn't even need to do it but 100% effort spills over sometimes.

Sam is a great player for the Hoose and gives his all. That's why the Hoose fans and management team like him as player and as a decent guy.

Verdict; culpable assault, not pre meditated.

Mon the nice guys!

I have watched the lad for years and he is a hard working honest utility player. Not malicious, doesn't even swear ( he will love the Hoose fans then!) but.... He won't have been trying to do the lad and unfortunately I know he was going for the ball. With a bad touch the next touch is a tackle. It is a shocking tackle on film and there is no excuses from me other than I would defend him by saying he just gets over enthusiastic and dives in too often, should stay on his feet more (. 3 edge of the box free kicks for you yesterday) and this is the inevitable result of that. Not malicious but dangerous in the extreme. He didn't even need to do it but 100% effort spills over sometimes.

Sam is a great player for the Hoose and gives his all. That's why the Hoose fans and management team like him as player and as a decent guy.

Verdict; culpable assault, not pre meditated.

Mon the nice guys!

Fella, I have to disagree, which I hate to do because I genuinely enjoy reading your posts and they're the only reason I click on to the Fauldhouse thread.

Look again at the video. The ball is there to be taken....and when I say there, I mean a metre away from the Penicuik player. IN MY VIEW (and I capitalise that to stress the point) it was intentional. However, football is an emotional game and if the boy was a habitual offender then it would be more of a problem. Sounds like a good lad generally........just a bit naughty yesterday!

Fella, I have to disagree, which I hate to do because I genuinely enjoy reading your posts and they're the only reason I click on to the Fauldhouse thread.

Look again at the video. The ball is there to be taken....and when I say there, I mean a metre away from the Penicuik player. IN MY VIEW (and I capitalise that to stress the point) it was intentional. However, football is an emotional game and if the boy was a habitual offender then it would be more of a problem. Sounds like a good lad generally........just a bit naughty yesterday!

Agree entirely: the ball is there to be won with a blocking style motion on the ground, however the defender comes in lunging, studs up and KNEE HIGH!

Quite, though we have to take the word of a guy that watches them every week when he says he is not that type of player.

I agree....and I have if you read my post but on this occasion, and with the benefit of watching a video which I rewound and paused many times, I think it was intentional.

However, the boy got the correct punishment so it's all sorted.

Indeed James old chap. I was guilty of not perusing your post properly. Hard work concentrating on P & B with two kids jumping on me and with a rotten cold.

Get yersel some oranges and overdose on vitamin C. Only thing for it!

Enjoy your Sunday, pal. Great, aren't they?

A game of opinions. I would ask why he tried to do him then? When we are 1-0 up and battling for a big win at home. It wasn't a dirty game, passionate but no real bad tackles. The guy flies in when he doesn't have to. As you said, I watch him every week. Now there are about 3 or 4 others in the side who have also in the past gone over the top and I know they were trying to do the opposition. That gets short shrift from me. Bollox attitudes and crappy cowardly tackles like that do not get my support and I genuinely believe it is simply a piss poor dangerous challenge from someone who tries hard. No excuses, not saying it wasn't bad. He got what he deserved and I am not defending what he did, just saying I don't think he meant to do the kid. It was dangerous and in-necessary and nearly cost us. You are of course entitled to think what you want and if they say the camera doesn't lie, perhaps it portrays what happens, not what is behind it. Bad tackle not a bad lad.

Mon the Hoose!

In my opinion, the tackle was more mis-timed than malicious.

I agree with this view...and good to see someone from Penicuik saying that. I think it was a mistimed tackle without any intent or mallice (the park was very very wet especially at that side) and I agree a red card was correct.

Up until then Sam was IMO one of top 3 players in our team and hadn't really put a foot wrong. There was hardly a bad tackle in the game yesterday...it was a tough but good hard encounter.

Thanks for posting the highlights by the way...much appreciated. See you at Penicuik.

Ower-the-tap-gate has gone on more than I thought it would ! Crap tackle, piss poor attempt to get the ball - rid kerd. One of the few correct decisions the poor ref made on Saturday. At least he was strong enough to send the lad off. Good and correct decision. I still think it is a thankless task being a ref in this league with no linesmen and god knows how they stick it out with the abuse they get. Pantomime villains? Oh yes they are, oh no they're not. Affside ref, get your book oot ya arse hole, ya cheating basdad. Some people don't realise without them there is no game. I believe all refs are trying to be fair. As king Leitchy once said " ahm no sayin yir a cheat, yir just shite"

Mon the refs !

Agree entirely: the ball is there to be won with a blocking style motion on the ground, however the defender comes in lunging, studs up and KNEE HIGH!

Terrible shout from the 2 of you. I know you say it's about opinions but you can't honestly say he was out to try and do the boy there can you? He seemed to think it was worthy of a yellow up until he saw the replay though :lol: suddenly admitted it was a red card once he saw the video so no complaints from him but 100% no intention to hurt the guy!

Mon the hoose!!

Archived