Fauldhouse United - ins, outs, shake it all abouts (merged)

housefan

A great game tonight which had everything you could want and some things you wouldn't. Credit to the 10 man Hoose who came back twice to earn a point with a late "Gazza vs Scotland at Wembley- esque" wonder goal from Ross. Perhaps more like Charlie Nicholas vs Switzerland at Hampden on his debit ( check you tube- and yes, I was there).

I feel the game was enhanced as a spectacle by the calamitous referee who was on a hiding to nothing after sending off Kevin Ross for a second bookable offence within 2 mins....... Thus sentencing himself to a torrent of abuse from the Hoose fans and neutrals alike. To his credit, he maintained his standards into the second half, even if they were lower than a snake's belly.. This caused a great atmosphere and numerous bouts of banter and stick... A lot directed to the balding Mickey Mouse glove wearing bathgate keeper who despite a few howlers, pulled of a great save at the end when the 10 men could have won it late on.

About 8 bookings, one red card, 6 goals in total, 2 great goals from Ross (as above) and the boy Swanny who scored a great free kick.. The lad is carrying forward his goals from last season into the bigger league.. For me, the addition of Chilli after 70mins made a big difference and I think he could have earned a start on Saturday.

Hoose didn't let themselves or their fans down. Well done lads, a credit to the shirt in the face of some shocking decisions. Great game and overall a fair result I suspect.

One thing did make me smile and that was when Captain Beardo was booked in the second half and he took a wad of tenders from his short's pocket and paid the fine on the spot! He apparently still had some left from his weekly wedge! I shook the wee man's hand at full time and wished him well...... 90 minutes of pure fun, everything we follow junior football for.

Mon the Hoose!

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game, superb advert for Junior football. Lets hope Bathgate and Fauldhouse are there at the end fighting it out.

Silly sending off really, 2 mins after getting booked, Kev goes and breaks early from the wall and leaves the ref with no options. Because, as we all know common sense is surgically removed from referees when they get their badge.

Where was Kevs common sense? You accuse the ref of having no common sense but where was the players, he knew he had just been booked. The ref wasn't the best and was inconsistent but the player also should have thought about it first!

Player deserved to go for stupidity alone. How the Fauldhouse number 9 got away with his constant abusing of the referee is baffling to me. Fauldhouse are a good side though and will be fighting to go up this season for sure.

Stupidity? I think the ref came into that category....the 1st tackle in itself hardly warranted a yellow card on its own far less give a 2nd yellow to the same player in the 1st half when it was anything but a dirty game. Would the same referee have sent a Linlithgow or an Auchinleck player off if they were at home? NO WAY!!

The Hoose travelled Away to the city of Discovery and returned having found out a few Home truths. One being that no matter how good you are, or how good you think you are, if you don't maintain and bring your own personal standards to the game and put in the effort then most times you get what you deserve.

The players need to quickly decide whether they are prepared to...

1- Do what the gaffer says and maintain their positions and shape on the pitch. Dug-out frustration was understandable.

2- Stop being so ill-disciplined, petulant and mouthing; One player was almost subbed by the boss for arguing with the ref when WE won the free kick. We have had 2 players red carded in the first 3 games and one of our best players is already sitting out a 6 match ban currently.

3- Put in a shift and accept that they have no divine right to win games unless they give 100% and match our opponents.

As part of the "Suffering Shouters on the Sidelines", it was frustrating to see really good players make really bad decisions. Rushes of blood that were the subject of a "Have a think about it son" shout from the dug out last season are now punished by better players in this better league by goals. Don't close down a guy 20 yards out?, he bends it into the top corner, 1-0. Try to pinch a ball from the centre forward, get turned like a schoolboy? He slams it (a great goal it has to be said) into the top corner, 2-1.

2 good goals for an average Broughty side gave them an overall deserved victory as despite a half dozen good chances and close shaves, the truth of the matter is that if we had got anything from this game we would have been very fortunate and they would have been unlucky. As one fellow follower commented "This lot ur no the best and they'll be near the boatum. If we dinnae buck oorsels up, we'll no be that far abuv thum". Never a truer word said.

Perhaps a little unfair to some of my Hoose heroes who did try but just didn't play well, but this review is better than they nearly got last night. I think our problem (and mine) as fans is that having won the league last year at a canter, we expect the same and it was really disappointing yesterday as we didn't seem to start, couldn't cope with a slippy pitch and were out battled... not great to see. Look in the mirror.... how did you do?

As the bus pulled away from the Sun kissed sands of Brought Ferry about 6pm, with an hour and a half still to go till home and 7 hours gone since leaving the Costa Del Hoose, some well oiled fans tried and partially succeeded in "chalking it down to experience" by way of an impromptu karaoke on the bus home. Players and fans sang their sorrows away and spirits were higher when the bus let us off than they were when we got on. However, in the words of a "King Kenny Krooner" song.... We certainly were sent homewards, tae think again. I hope we do.

mon the Hoose!!

League favourite phhhh Maybe favourites for relegation.Looks like the Hoose are missing Beardo after all.Never mind only 27 games to go till your crowned Champions lol

The Hoose fans who were crowing a few weeks ago were surely fuelled by the bravado of a championship season. Some like me who had never heard of some of the teams in this league let alone had any idea on their ability were more guarded. We CAN do well in this league and I am sure that we will perform better. 2 points from 9 doesn't lie.... Although I have been at the 3 games and we should have had 7 points!!

Mon the Hoose!

you guys at fauldhouse have went offy quite ? come on boys get it going, av got you on my coupon on Saturday so hope you get your fist win. was at livi last week and the glens scored 3 goals against them wi 10 men. tbf there wasn't much between the side but they lost there discipline near the end and were lucky to finish wi 11 men on the field, there bench dini help matters the management dou are a pair o moanin soandso's. i would imagine you know enough about them from last season anyway to take care of them

aw the best on Saturday.

you guys at fauldhouse have went offy quite ? come on boys get it going, av got you on my coupon on Saturday so hope you get your fist win. was at livi last week and the glens scored 3 goals against them wi 10 men. tbf there wasn't much between the side but they lost there discipline near the end and were lucky to finish wi 11 men on the field, there bench dini help matters the management dou are a pair o moanin soandso's. i would imagine you know enough about them from last season anyway to take care of them

aw the best on Saturday.

Cheers Jimmy....good luck with that coupon today!!

Sitting at Edinburgh airport ready for a working day trip to Dublin. Rumours that I am heading off on a pre transfer window closing mission to sign Robbie Keane, ( he lived in Lanrigg avenue and went to St John the Baptist when he was in P1 and P2 , supported the Hoose as a boy and apparently it would be a dream come true to pull on the "rid short") are false. Attempted signings of Hannah and Johnno also fell through as there was not enough beer in Fauldhoose to meet their signing on fee demands. Even Lammie's couldn't step in and save those deals. Sometimes you just price yourself out of the market.

However, I am sure the squad we have is now on track after the first league win against Livvy.

Can't wait for the game after missing last week.

Mon the Hoose!

" Robbie.... C'mere a minute son, we want you Back Home....."

Sitting at Edinburgh airport ready for a working day trip to Dublin. Rumours that I am heading off on a pre transfer window closing mission to sign Robbie Keane, ( he lived in Lanrigg avenue and went to St John the Baptist when he was in P1 and P2 , supported the Hoose as a boy and apparently it would be a dream come true to pull on the "rid short") are false. Attempted signings of Hannah and Johnno also fell through as there was not enough beer in Fauldhoose to meet their signing on fee demands. Even Lammie's couldn't step in and save those deals. Sometimes you just price yourself out of the market.

However, I am sure the squad we have is now on track after the first league win against Livvy.

Can't wait for the game after missing last week.

Mon the Hoose!

Lol...nice one Kinky. Glad you got back from Dublin for the game today. Unconvincing victory today BUT it's 3 points on the board. Chilli's superb match winning strike was the highlight for me.

" Robbie.... C'mere a minute son, we want you Back Home....."

Scottish Cup Draw.

3rd September 2013

Fauldhouse United recieved a bye to the 2nd round after todays draw at Hampden.

Mon the Hoose!

I understand that the SJFA got "confused" over the no of 1st rounds clubs that should be in the hat to balance it out to 128 clubs in round 2. They will therefore have to draw 8 more teams (4 more ties) out of hat sometime soon. Lots of egg on face etc for all concerned...not sure how they made such a basic mistake....

UPDATE - 4 other ties now drawn (inc Bonnyrigg v Bo'ness!!) & good news the Hoose are through to round 2....go the Hoose!!

Very quiet on this forum, where has everyone gone?

I have a few Fauldhoose Fotts ( thoughts- just like the FF!) and wanted to run them past a few folk. Looks like it will be the other FF....old fashioned face 2 face.

Catch a few of you hardy souls even further north this week.

Mon the FF!

Archived