Fauldhouse United - ins, outs, shake it all abouts (merged)

housefan

I played for LTHV yesterday and use done well, we kept the ball better but couldn't score. Use have a very big squad and with some good players. The 4 goals were lucky on how use got them but they were finished well. All the best for ur season.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Encouraged by signings, encouraging signs. Just back from the second match in 24 hours at Park View with usual service restored for the Hoose.

2 wins, 10 goals for, 2 against.

Some news faces and some old campaigners retained from last year means that we have the makings of a good squad. An excellent signing from Ballingry who actually looks and plays like he is from a better league. If you want to improve you need to get better players in, this lad falls into that category. Scored a cracking goal yesterday showing composure and ability and a first half hat-trick today confirmed the initial thoughts from yesterday that this lad is indeed a class player and a brilliant addition to the squad.

We played well over the 2 games with the "Frisky flier" coming out of stall 9 and looking good, Shaun Ryder continuing his good return to form at left back with a goal yesterday and a solid performance today, Player of the year for last year Clark Campbell had an excellent weekend, scored a great goal yesterday and showed that he can more than fill the hole left by the departure of Captain Beardo who took the king's shilling for "family reasons." *should I keep this going??? ;o)

2 other new lads have had better weekends I think, the young ex-stoneyburn lad took a kicking yesterday and hobbled off after showing some good touches and the new lad from Whitburn was a steady eddie before taking a knock and coming off today.

All in all a good weekend for the Hoose who continue the build up away at the next wee villagers StaneyBurn on Tuesday, 7.15 ko

Mon the Hoose!

Have the two new guys actually signed i mean donnelly and the whitburn lad

I played for LTHV yesterday and use done well, we kept the ball better but couldn't score. Use have a very big squad and with some good players. The 4 goals were lucky on how use got them but they were finished well. All the best for ur season.

we can disagree on the "lucky" elements to the goals! I thought that you lot were actually quite firey and up for it. You had a few guys who stuck their boot in... not over the top dirty (Numbers 9 and 6) but certainly more competitive than I thought for a first pre season runout. Obviously a quite good team but we were better in the end up.

Highlight for me yesterday was our second goal... brilliantly finished... and an incident near the end when Jamie Gallagher launched a typical full body assault tackle on your number 2 who when he stood up walked like a Jelly Man and looked like he had lost feeling in both his legs!! He was lucky Jamie is still short of match practice this pre season as he would have snapped him in two normally!!

The joys of junior fitba...

good luck to you too fella. All the best from the Hoose.

we can disagree on the "lucky" elements to the goals! I thought that you lot were actually quite firey and up for it. You had a few guys who stuck their boot in... not over the top dirty (Numbers 9 and 6) but certainly more competitive than I thought for a first pre season runout. Obviously a quite good team but we were better in the end up.

Highlight for me yesterday was our second goal... brilliantly finished... and an incident near the end when Jamie Gallagher launched a typical full body assault tackle on your number 2 who when he stood up walked like a Jelly Man and looked like he had lost feeling in both his legs!! He was lucky Jamie is still short of match practice this pre season as he would have snapped him in two normally!!

The joys of junior fitba...

good luck to you too fella. All the best from the Hoose.

Was that the big centre half ??? Shocking tackle lol. Na good game and good workout.

Was hoping they were going to be shit tae.....feck! Mon the Shotts. Looking forward to seeing your team play and maybe mine as well.

looking forward to the game on Saturday should be a good test for us to see how we are shaping up, Looking good in the friendlies so far but tomorrow will tell us more ,Up at the ground tonight and the pitch looking great well done the ground staff.

Highlight for me yesterday was our second goal... brilliantly finished... and an incident near the end when Jamie Gallagher launched a typical full body assault tackle on your number 2 who when he stood up walked like a Jelly Man and looked like he had lost feeling in both his legs!! He was lucky Jamie is still short of match practice this pre season as he would have snapped him in two normally!!.

Sounds about right for Gallagher. He is a hatchet man and that's it. He will be found out this season football wise in a decent league!!

Are the Hoose the best team within easy driving distance?? On a day when the oldest "I am still a young boy" manned up, played like we know he can and scored a great hat-trick, the Hoose swung the tables on recent Scottish cup winners Shotts Bon Accord and put them to the sword with a comfortable 4-1 victory. Shotts "Mal" Accord they should be called. Very disappointed in our alleged big club neighbours from the next village. Only their wee grey haired right back raised a fist but as the buckie boys commented from the sun drenched "Hot Hoose" of Park View, it was " A bit too late tae start shouting noo wee man. yir four wan doon"

The frisky flier scored again with a good finish but added to his tally of "could have scored" by about 10. Some Coo Shed Commentators think he should go back on the wing (will the Red Hot chilli go straight back in?) but I think he gives the Hoose something different when he plays up front. He has boundless energy and if he had that old devil called Luck on his side pre-season he could be in double figures already. Keep it up, your doing great.

Excellent performances too by 2 new additions:

Michael Browne played excellently well in an unfamiliar right back berth. He also played well and scored a cracking goal mid-week. If he keeps it up he will prove to be a very valuable addition to the team. Welcome to the Hoose young man, the coo-shed are already impressed.

Young Ross was a revelation for me having only seen him last week for 15 mins before he was snapped in half and subbed. He seems to be very fit, very strong, runs well with the ball, tackles, heads and goes forward well. What was he ever doing at Staneyburn???????? I was told by people who's opinion I respect that he is the real deal and had the chance to play higher, but glad we have him now and I fully expect that he can and will play a big part. Could he pair up with Clark in centre mid-field??? Perhaps we won't miss Captain BEARDO at all!!! Talking of which...........

Spoke to a P&B stalwart and well thought of guy-in-the-game. I have been reliably told that 7 of last years Pumphy have joined Captain Beardos Band of Bucanneering Bathgate Buck-chasing Bampots. I am sure we will welcome them on the 2nd game of the season. I also heard that Pumphy are struggling to round up 11 men great and true for next season. I heard they have 9 outfielders and 2 keepers. Perhaps they should play 2 keepers each game next year? Are they the next seasons next league ups Harthill???

A final mention to the hard working committee and volunteers who have spruced up the ground, it is looking really good. I am looking forward to resuming my place in the newly swept, weeded, cleaned and freshly painted coo-shed. The paintwork may be red but the chances are the air will be blue when the league starts.... we can sometimes be vocally colourful... and I will leave you with one from the terraces, heard yesterday... and the sign of more to come.... As the balding gaff prone ref yesterday stumbled his way from one bad decision to another... a large grass cutting rid-foreheeded fan commented..." I am no saying he's a cheat... he's jist fkn pish!" Can't wait.....

mon the Hoose!

Are the Hoose the best team within easy driving distance?? On a day when the oldest "I am still a young boy" manned up, played like we know he can and scored a great hat-trick, the Hoose swung the tables on recent Scottish cup winners Shotts Bon Accord and put them to the sword with a comfortable 4-1 victory. Shotts "Mal" Accord they should be called. Very disappointed in our alleged big club neighbours from the next village. Only their wee grey haired right back raised a fist but as the buckie boys commented from the sun drenched "Hot Hoose" of Park View, it was " A bit too late tae start shouting noo wee man. yir four wan doon"

The frisky flier scored again with a good finish but added to his tally of "could have scored" by about 10. Some Coo Shed Commentators think he should go back on the wing (will the Red Hot chilli go straight back in?) but I think he gives the Hoose something different when he plays up front. He has boundless energy and if he had that old devil called Luck on his side pre-season he could be in double figures already. Keep it up, your doing great.

Excellent performances too by 2 new additions:

Michael Browne played excellently well in an unfamiliar right back berth. He also played well and scored a cracking goal mid-week. If he keeps it up he will prove to be a very valuable addition to the team. Welcome to the Hoose young man, the coo-shed are already impressed.

Young Ross was a revelation for me having only seen him last week for 15 mins before he was snapped in half and subbed. He seems to be very fit, very strong, runs well with the ball, tackles, heads and goes forward well. What was he ever doing at Staneyburn???????? I was told by people who's opinion I respect that he is the real deal and had the chance to play higher, but glad we have him now and I fully expect that he can and will play a big part. Could he pair up with Clark in centre mid-field??? Perhaps we won't miss Captain BEARDO at all!!! Talking of which...........

Spoke to a P&B stalwart and well thought of guy-in-the-game. I have been reliably told that 7 of last years Pumphy have joined Captain Beardos Band of Bucanneering Bathgate Buck-chasing Bampots. I am sure we will welcome them on the 2nd game of the season. I also heard that Pumphy are struggling to round up 11 men great and true for next season. I heard they have 9 outfielders and 2 keepers. Perhaps they should play 2 keepers each game next year? Are they the next seasons next league ups Harthill???

A final mention to the hard working committee and volunteers who have spruced up the ground, it is looking really good. I am looking forward to resuming my place in the newly swept, weeded, cleaned and freshly painted coo-shed. The paintwork may be red but the chances are the air will be blue when the league starts.... we can sometimes be vocally colourful... and I will leave you with one from the terraces, heard yesterday... and the sign of more to come.... As the balding gaff prone ref yesterday stumbled his way from one bad decision to another... a large grass cutting rid-foreheeded fan commented..." I am no saying he's a cheat... he's jist fkn pish!" Can't wait.....

mon the Hoose!

Superb post as ever......Go the Hoose!!

Sounds about right for Gallagher. He is a hatchet man and that's it. He will be found out this season football wise in a decent league!!

He does like a solid tackle, questionable timing sometimes I grant you. A bit harsh to call him a hatchet man though. He gets his fair share of goals and like everyone of the Hoosians, he will be stepping up a league and so will need to step up his game. I am sure he can and will. Played well last couple of pre season games and could thrive against better players.

mon the Hatchet!

He does like a solid tackle, questionable timing sometimes I grant you. A bit harsh to call him a hatchet man though. He gets his fair share of goals and like everyone of the Hoosians, he will be stepping up a league and so will need to step up his game. I am sure he can and will. Played well last couple of pre season games and could thrive against better players.

mon the Hatchet!

The guy thinks he is a comedian. ...wouldn't waste ur time with him to be honest. ...him name probably sums him up!

The guy thinks he is a comedian. ...wouldn't waste ur time with him to be honest. ...him name probably sums him up!

Thought u would be sticking up for Cringy Afro not slagging him Red Light United.....

Thought u would be sticking up for Cringy Afro not slagging him Red Light United.....

Legend.....Red IS NOT slagging Afro off at all he is having a dig at the writer of the posting that Afro was replying to ie MEAT!

Go Jamie (Big Gall)...Go The Hoose!!

Hey Leg End. Welcome to another season of banter. Looking forward to it.

Mon the Pish!

Hiya Cringy..

Hope we draw you in a cup so I can come over and say hi!!!

Will u be the guy with the red and white wig on and massive chin?

Archived