The 50 Most Influential Posters in P&B History

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Phoenix

I see "influential" is being mixed up with "funny" by some

Or "funny" is what some find "influential".

A few dark horses for my vote who haven't been mentioned yet would be Smurph, Marshmallo, jupe and ICTChris.

I have soft spots for a lot of the lower leagues posters who don't get a lot of recognition, including our Danish correspondent, Scotland Rule!, but they'll most likely miss out on my vote.

How do you know he's not? I've had my suspicions for a while.

I was sure you were Fearne Cotton for a while. I'm still not convinced you're not.

I'm not Fearne Cotton. I may be Holly Willoughby though.

A few dark horses for my vote who haven't been mentioned yet would be Smurph, Marshmallo, jupe and ICTChris.

I have soft spots for a lot of the lower leagues posters who don't get a lot of recognition, including our Danish correspondent, Scotland Rule!, but they'll most likely miss out on my vote.

I'd class those four as really good posters rather than influential posters. Although Smurph prefers full fat milk to semi-skimmed so he can f**k off.

I'd class those four as really good posters rather than influential posters. Although Smurph prefers full fat milk to semi-skimmed so he can f**k off.

Smurph deserves a place somewhere on the list for the Pro Vercelli story. That touched peoples' hearts.

Blue4578 is the only person I can think of who has actually influenced and changed peoples lives.

I tried to do it by taking over the running of the gambling forum and trying to get rid of the 'here's my 14 team £2 accumulator this week' brigade, or at least split it out so there was a topic each week for that sort of post, and another topic for reasoned research and debate. It was only when Blue came along that it gained traction as some of his insight was astounding, and he had the screenshots to back up his claims.

I know that he has helped people out with their dissertations, and has turned bad gamblers into good gamblers through a bit of education.

Other than that, several Arbroath supporters were very influential in Scottish football in 2007 when their 'Berwick's bottle crashing' posts were printed out and put up in the Berwick dressing room, serving as inspiration for Berwick's title win.

I consider them all consistently good contributors to threads, which I thought qualified them for possible selection, but maybe you're right! Maybe entertaining just isn't enough.

On the other sentence, I thought everyone preferred blue milk! We just drink green because it clogs the arteries half as quickly as blue and it's more bearable than red.

I consider them all consistently good contributors to threads, which I thought qualified them for possible selection, but maybe you're right! Maybe entertaining just isn't enough.

On the other sentence, I thought everyone preferred blue milk! We just drink green because it clogs the arteries half as quickly as blue and it's more bearable than red.

Red is just white water. An offence to cows, imo.

Blue4578 is the only person I can think of who has actually influenced and changed peoples lives.

I tried to do it by taking over the running of the gambling forum and trying to get rid of the 'here's my 14 team £2 accumulator this week' brigade, or at least split it out so there was a topic each week for that sort of post, and another topic for reasoned research and debate. It was only when Blue came along that it gained traction as some of his insight was astounding, and he had the screenshots to back up his claims.

I know that he has helped people out with their dissertations, and has turned bad gamblers into good gamblers through a bit of education.

Want a straw?

Guest The Phoenix

The only thing you've ever rattled is your cousin :1eye

Oh dear, Oh dear.

Is that really the best you can do?

Smurph convinced me to smoke shit tones of grass and play Viva Pinata which has no doubt made my life at least 10 x better. Positively influential.

After I sent my PM I immediately thought of all those I should have nominated. StennyHibbie made my list though and hasn't been mentioned. He was very influential back in 2006/7ish certainly in the comedic direction of this forum.

Archived