The 50 Most Influential Posters in P&B History

P&B's Most Influential Posters - 21-29

This batch of 10 will actually be a batch of 9 due to the last batch of 10 being a batch of 11.

Posters 25-29 represent the last batch of ties - the top 24 can all be separated.

=25. Knightswood Bear

Recent surveys showed that approximately 99.8% of Rangers fans are wankers. Knightswood Bear is one of the 0.2%. A regular in General Nonsense, he usually makes a good contribution to threads he's involved in. Has amassed a reputation of 1301 in spite of the fact foaming at the mouth morons often red dot Old Firm supporters purely for being Old Firm supporters.

=25. Erin Go Bragh

Prior to his unconvincing resignation last month, he posted across most of the forums and had amassed an impressive reputation of 2354. Used to post as Rory89 before creating a new account for some reason I can't remember. Definitely one of the good guys of the forum. Bucks the trend on this forum by being a Hibs fan who isn't a total fucking moron.

=25. chigsy91

A cult hero of the forum, I did wonder if he would be higher up on this list. His posts were definitely popular, but you could probably argue that he wasn't particularly influential. With only 53 posts, he has by far the smallest post count of anyone on the list. I'm not sure if we ever found out who was responsible for this alias - I thought it had all the hallmarks of dundeebarry's humour, but apparently it wasn't him. His "cheerio from chigsy" post received 154 green dots (and 3 reds), the highest total of any post in the history of the forum.

=25. blue4578

A professional gambler who unsurprisingly posts almost exclusively on the gambling forum. Has dished out plenty of useful advice to folk in that forum, which I suppose makes him pretty "influential".

=25. Bigmouth Strikes Again

Can't say anything he's ever posted has penetrated my psyche - I've always just lumped him in with the majority of the Dundee fans on here (ie braindead muppets). Clearly a big fan of the Smiths and Morrisey though, which redeems him somewhat.

24. The Real Saints

Perhaps most famous for his account of his family holiday in Strathclyde, he also fancies himself as a bit of a rapper (I hope it's parody). Definitely good value for a spot on this list.

23. Sergeant Wilson

Even in a forum as cynical as P&B, the Sergeant manages to stand out courtesy of his misanthropy. A General Nonsense regular, his reputation is just about to creep over the 2000 mark. I can't pick out any highlights, but his wit and dark humour is always a welcome addition to threads.

22. mhak

I'm stunned that he has been ranked so low - I had him down as a candidate for the top 5. The fact that his name is included in the swear filter is testament to the impact that he's had on the forum. He manages to constantly reinvent himself and has always had a real knack for winding up dribbling morons to the point of combustion. Some highlights include adding "h"s to team names, predicting heavy wins in every Hearts thread, becoming a "very serious poster", going on about "lifting", adding hashtags to posts and posting photos of himself.

21. Raith Against the Machine

A General Nonsense regular, the poster formerly known as Dunc is often mentioned in discussions about the best poster on P&B. A funny guy, but perhaps his lack of "highlights" has prevented him from picking up a place in the top 20.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

=34. Skyline Drifter

Skyline Drifter has attained a status as one of the site's two "oracles" along with HibeeJibee based on their extensive knowledge of rules and regulations. It could just be me, but he doesn't seem to post as often now that he has a couple of kids. Has a negative reputation, but that is mainly down to him being stalked around the forum by oddball poster Truthhurts who seemed to give him a red dot for everything he posted.

I don't post anywhere near as often as I did a few years ago because I'm more or less a club official now (that's still a little grey) and I don't think most opinion stuff on football is appropriate. It doesn't have anything to do with the kids. I'm also far busier with work and probably online a bit less so I don't stray near General Nonsense very often. First I'd seen of this thread for instance is right now.

As for the negative rep stalking, TruthHurts did / does, yes, but so does a St Mirren poster called btb. He does it every bit as often, I've no idea why. I also got about -50 or something for one post saying I didn't find the poster cat thing funny at one point! :lol:

Genuinely surprised to be listed as "influential" by anyone though. And utterly shocked to be grouped with HB who should be top five.

Skyline only really posts in the Queens forum and Infowire. Probably the only QOS poster who'll make it on. He is the shining example of how a club official should act as opposed to Georgie/Celtic rebel.

Georgie isn't a club official. I know who he is and he has close links to a couple of clubs but he's not an official.

The_Bomber_Brown wrote:

Pleased with the way this is going so far. I had previously aimed for anything around #25, but will settle for higher.

[1372764543"]P&B's Most Influential Posters - 21-29

=25. Knightswood Bear

Recent surveys showed that approximately 99.8% of Rangers fans are wankers. Knightswood Bear is one of the 0.2%.

TBB = Defo in the 99.8% bracket

The_Bomber_Brown wrote:

=25. Knightswood Bear

Recent surveys showed that approximately 99.8% of Rangers fans are wankers. Knightswood Bear is one of the 0.2%.

99.8% chance of being correct, edgy.

Just another guy, man. A soond guy. All I'm saying is, I'm sounder than some wanks, such as itzdk for example.

you are definately proving it here

P&B's Most Influential Posters - 21-29

This batch of 10 will actually be a batch of 9 due to the last batch of 10 being a batch of 11.

Posters 25-29 represent the last batch of ties - the top 24 can all be separated.

=25. Knightswood Bear

=25. Erin Go Bragh

=25. chigsy91

=25. blue4578

=25. Bigmouth Strikes Again

24. The Real Saints

23. Sergeant Wilson

22. mhak

I'm stunned that he has been ranked so low - I had him down as a candidate for the top 5. The fact that his name is included in the swear filter is testament to the impact that he's had on the forum. He manages to constantly reinvent himself and has always had a real knack for winding up dribbling morons to the point of combustion. Some highlights include adding "h"s to team names, predicting heavy wins in every Hearts thread, becoming a "very serious poster", going on about "lifting", adding hashtags to posts and posting photos of himself.

21. Raith Against the Machine

mhak effectively picks a lot of the forum banter. I also can't believe he's ranked so low! He has been massively influential and I agree with your description of him. Blue is heavily influential within his sphere, and so I can see why he is listed, and in the right place too. Likewise TRS. He's grown up on this site, and is part of the fabric of the place. probably ranked a little low actually.

Dunc is influential because of his past. He went through a phase of seriously being a must read, and his style of laugh out loud funny while keeping on topic was a good template to follow. Again like me, he's quieter these days, but he definitely deserves to be on the list.

Chigsy was Igor/The Russian, and isn't really influential. Some people found him funny yes, but influential? Nah.

I'm weeping tiny tears of happiness as i type this, thanks to everyone who voted.

BIGGIE, BIGGIE, BIGGIE!!! I never even voted well played boss.

I'm genuinely touched/confused that people have voted for me. I was comfortable in the (incorrect) knowledge that I was a "zero-pointer".

It's a downward spiral of inflated ego --> forum backlash --> snottery resignation for me now :thumsup2

The_Bomber_Brown wrote:

=25. Knightswood Bear

Classic zero-pointer behaviour IMO.

Guest The Phoenix

Hard to believe that some of the (former) "leading lights" of P&B see fit to question the democratic outcome.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or one man's fish is another man's poison spring to mind.

Archived