The 50 Most Influential Posters in P&B History

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the poster on a discussion forum become more important than the original reason for the forum, the forum becomes irrelevant, like Radio 1 where the egos of the DJs had or has become more important than the music played.

When the poster on a discussion forum become more important than the original reason for the forum, the forum becomes irrelevant, like Radio 1 where the egos of the DJs had or has become more important than the music played.

Good point. I certainly think that this one thread outweighs all the threads about football on P&B.

Good point. I certainly think that this one thread outweighs all the threads about football on P&B.

Could be more entertaining though.

This is where box office means irrelevant. Where quality over quantity rules.

The tv-loving, sky hating, pipe-fitting, Napier dropout should win this one.

Should that not be BskyB hating?

Bloody sky B*****ds.

We should probably set up a bingo/drinking game for this.

1. A Poster is seething about not being top 50

2.A Poster is rattled about not being in the top ten

3. A poster is in a full scale meltdown about not being number 1

4. Somebody demands the names of the voters

5. An alias gets a suspiciously high ranking.

6. An alias appears on the thread

7. Somebody gets banned

8. Somebody Resigns ( double points if Ric)

9. The phrases "verge of tears", "sobbing uncontrollably" and "Scrambling for relevance" are used

10. the word "meltdown" is used.

11 somebody mentions any form of a clique

The posters it's hard not to notice are VT and swampy. Both have influenced the culture of the board, between VT's monomaniac winding up of people easy to wind up, and swampy's early catchphrases which have become bog standard..'verge of tears' etc

I must admit I never really noticed beyesmystic as I never bother with OF threads, but everyone goes on and on about him as a legend.

Reynard is another, people take the girning old cockshaft far too seriously, which gives him all the room he needs to wind you up. There are few better curmudgeons anywhere on the internet, even if his politics are mostly bonkers.

I'm not so sure Dickson would be in the top 50, he was a good wind up merchant but just..well..too nasty and misanthropic to be taken seriously. There's a fine balance between humour and misanthropy and Dickson never grasped that. Unlike Reynard, who's quite smart, Dickson was also just a bit too stupid.

The aliases / mentally ill...mah. Posters originally known as savo, Perthshirebell, LiviCurryCider, SuperAlly and IXI must have racked up over a triple century of different accounts between them. They are noticeable in the close season but tend to get drowned out outside of general nonsense when there's actually football to talk about.

The Stenny / Akabusi boys have grown up now but they were the Mhaks of their day and were influential. Francesc Fabregas and Neilly are the posters I still look for, and worth reading. dubs developed something of a group hate and seems to have disappeared.

Igor / The Russian / Chigsy was a quality poster who was around a lot when I started posting here.

The Jambo Kickback invasion was also quite influential...P&B was relatively gif free before they turned up, now the use of an appropriate gif is a real skill. gifs are the new humour, pantomine dames like dundeebarry and Wendy Who? are examples of the oldskool pre-gif humour.

There are a lot of posters that I look for who aren't really 'controversial' or high profile but whose posts I enjoy and are usually decent...the likes of Ludo, Kierkegaard, Big Martyn, Aloysius Shuffleupagus, Gall and some of the other QP guys, etc. cmontheloknow's posts on the juniors are always interesting along with one or two other junior posters. Maybe not 'influential' in terms of site direction but without decent posters talking about football all that would be here is trolls, aliases and bots.

P&B is a great place and even though I'm a bit distant from Scottish football these days I still enjoy coming here and finding out what's going on from the people who are there week-in, week-out. The only folk worth listening to really.

We should probably set up a bingo/drinking game for this.

1. A Poster is seething about not being top 50

2.A Poster is rattled about not being in the top ten

3. A poster is in a full scale meltdown about not being number 1

4. Somebody demands the names of the voters

5. An alias gets a suspiciously high ranking.

6. An alias appears on the thread

7. Somebody gets banned

8. Somebody Resigns ( double points if Ric)

9. The phrases "verge of tears", "sobbing uncontrollably" and "Scrambling for relevance" are used

10. the word "meltdown" is used.

11 somebody mentions any form of a clique

I've got a Pokemon scenario playing in my head over this. "A wild alias appears. Standfree used "Get a life you sad c**t". It's not very effective..."

I remember there was a thread titled "biggest WUM" or something similar, which lead to absolutely everyone mentioned becoming an insufferable attention seeking caricature until they practically all resigned or were banned (several times).

Shit's going to go down on this one :lol:

... which lead to absolutely everyone mentioned becoming an insufferable attention seeking caricature...

That's just pathetic on their part.

Hoping I may pick up a few votes for all the mafia/survivor type games that have brought fun to many posters over the year 8) although that may go against me as some people hate them :lol:

I also got the TV/Film sub forum in place as well as the Wrestling one which I think have both been good additions

Although I think most know me by my old username gordon the gopher rather than this one.

I do have a good idea in my head for 3 of my 5 votes

Archived