The 50 Most Influential Posters in P&B History

To be fair that was hardly revelation of the century, was it?

I think that, similar to what happened with Olaf Thom, a lot of people had seen good, clean fun where in fact there was malignant sociopathy.

A bit similar to Ron too. There was nothing he did on here that painted him as anything but an utter c**t, despite being capable of hilarity. He can across as a very angry and cynical person. He certainly crossed into the creepy realms of posting people's photos on here and claiming he emailed the rector and Glasgow Academy in an effort to get St.Miranda into trouble at school. Weird.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened regarding Stuart Dickson, why was he banned and what was he in real life? Same question for Olaf Thom. I obviously missed out when these dramas were unfolding.

Kilt influenced a lot of the P&B community to join the pagan lifestyle.

He also influenced other posters to make everything of theirs on the internet private.

What happened regarding Stuart Dickson, why was he banned and what was he in real life? Same question for Olaf Thom. I obviously missed out when these dramas were unfolding.

Olaf got banned for saying that the England football team wasn't representative of England as a whole as there are too many black players in it.

Whoever brought the consistent useage of terms seething, tear stained and rattled to the forum has pretty much shaped 50 percent of disagreements of p&b. Well as far as I can tell from my relatively short time on here. Can't really comment on the most part.

Only 50 percent?

I believe Dickson was banned for saying apes would be preferable to Indians as call centre workers, or something along those lines.

When was Dickson banned, does anyone remember?

Olaf is still influencing some posters on here. HB is Olaf lite for example.

I don't see that at all. I can't think of many posters I would be less like to be honest. I'd have said Olaf was more the Frankie Boyle type.

I've never been banned or warned and am more likely to talk about a UN Resolution than Jordan's kids.

I believe Dickson was banned for saying apes would be preferable to Indians as call centre workers, or something along those lines.

Is there a PC way of framing his point?

I would have said Caleyking for all of those before you gave one answer away. However I reckon Mr Fabregas would fit at least one of those as well.

That is correct.

The slander one is a little bit of a red herring as well - it was Strathspey Thistle who got the mods on CTO to pull a post I made about him poisoning the Clyde team in 2004 when they stopped at his restuarant in Aviemore on the way North.

Hoping I may pick up a few votes for all the mafia/survivor type games that have brought fun to many posters over the year 8) although that may go against me as some people hate them :lol:

I also got the TV/Film sub forum in place as well as the Wrestling one which I think have both been good additions

Although I think most know me by my old username gordon the gopher rather than this one.

I do have a good idea in my head for 3 of my 5 votes

Never realised you were GTG.

Time Magazine do their 100 Most Influential People in the World each year, here's your chance to vote in the P&B equivalent.

With P&B just over a decade old, it seems like an appropriate time to put together a list of this nature. We're not talking about the most popular posters, or even the best posters, we're talking about the most influential. People whose posts affect the direction of threads, people who have shaped the direction of the website.

Remember that this poll will cover the entire history of the website, so don't just think about modern posters - think about names from the past who have stopped posting either because they've been banned or just because they've drifted away. Like any poll of this nature, things will still be biased towards the present day because a lot of posters won't remember the old guard, but there's not a great deal I can do about that.

To vote in the awards, send me a DM with your top 5 selections. Votes will be counted as follows:

1st - 5 points

2nd - 4 points

3rd - 3 points

4th - 2 points

5th - 1 point

In the case of tie-breaks, the poster with the most 1st place votes will be given precedence, then the most 2nd place votes and so on.

Can anyone posting on an internet football forum be considered influential?

Its a bit like "Box Office" posters, its all a bit cringe worthy is it not.

Can anyone posting on an internet football forum be considered influential?

Its a bit like "Box Office" posters, its all a bit cringe worthy is it not.

Only because influential appears to mean something else to most on here.

Quite a lot of petted lips here. It's clearly just a bit of a laugh designed to provoke a wee bit of debate and noise up a couple of folk, much like the whole 'box office' patter which seems to have perminately rattled a number of posters.

Archived