The 50 Most Influential Posters in P&B History

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does he know that you have a sister? :o

When you're a 'big-name' poster like myself, people tend to take an unhealthy interest in your personal life.

That's not the reason though. Back in the early days, I was part of the 'young posters' clique - CK, ochil-clyde and Raff. I think I had a fall-out with CK and he posted a 'Bebo' picture of my sister on some thread.

When you're a 'big-name' poster like myself, people tend to take an unhealthy interest in your personal life.

That's not the reason though. Back in the early days, I was part of the 'young posters' clique - CK, ochil-clyde and Raff. I think I had a fall-out with CK and he posted a 'Bebo' picture of my sister on some thread.

You got a link to that thread? ;)

None of this happened. I've no idea why you insist on lying about this incident, some fools might actually start believing you.

Hmmm I remember a somewhat odd encounter similar to that Sweet Peter described. For what it's worth I thought your response was more tongue in cheek than "oh my god people on the Internet are going to kill me" but it did happen.

I still remember that night fondly if only for MattBairn's hilarious exchange with me where he asked if you could escape a parking ticket fine by saying to a Sheriff "I do not understand your law".

On an unrelated note and as a public service announcement, just in case people didn't realise at the time, the whole "STRONGLY ADVISE" thing was really only meant to be a prelude to the "place myself between them" trope which was referred to as a closing gambit by Stephen Fry on QI in an anecdote about a pacifist trying to avoid being conscripted and answering the question what he'd do if he walked in on a Hun raping his wife.

On an unrelated note and as a public service announcement, just in case people didn't realise at the time, the whole "STRONGLY ADVISE" thing was really only meant to be a prelude to the "place myself between them" trope which was referred to as a closing gambit by Stephen Fry on QI in an anecdote about a pacifist trying to avoid being conscripted and answering the question what he'd do if he walked in on a *** raping his wife.

#shitbants

What was the story here? Must have been before my time.

He was just adding 'No Kings', linking to an anti-monarchy site, at the end of every post he made. I know it doesn't sound that great, but it was tremendous entertainment seeing people react to it.

Also, while we're taking credit for being cool and voting for an underground champion, I had Fabregas at number one.

8) This. Along similar lines to the one Fudge posted, there was one about Keithgy and his moderating, I can't find the original post to quote, but I did find a cut and paste using google:

I suspect that SaltyTON was on the windup for his brief stint as a moderator.

You can just imagine Keithgy hunched over his computer at 2.30am, bug-eyed and restless. His wife approaches him, saying, "Keith, how come we don't make love like we used to?" as she sobs into her nightdress. "Its since you became a moderator on that Pie and Bovril, you haven't even touched me!"

He throwns an empty bourbon bottle at the wall next to her. "DAMMIT WOMAN!", he screams, "Don't you ever talk about Pie and Bovril like that, ya hear?!"

Scared, she tries to drag him into bed. "Come to bed Keith, please, come to bed."

He throws her to the floor before returning to the computer. "I can't! The Bargain Basement Thread needs me!"

FF was utter gold until he stopped posting regularly, which is a shame.

I mind when the Akabusi sex stories were going about FF and I had a go at writing some of our own and would e-mail each other back and forth. FF's were always better than mine. Top notch.

Hmmm I remember a somewhat odd encounter similar to that Sweet Peter described. For what it's worth I thought your response was more tongue in cheek than "oh my god people on the Internet are going to kill me" but it did happen.

I still remember that night fondly if only for MattBairn's hilarious exchange with me where he asked if you could escape a parking ticket fine by saying to a Sheriff "I do not understand your law".

On an unrelated note and as a public service announcement, just in case people didn't realise at the time, the whole "STRONGLY ADVISE" thing was really only meant to be a prelude to the "place myself between them" trope which was referred to as a closing gambit by Stephen Fry on QI in an anecdote about a pacifist trying to avoid being conscripted and answering the question what he'd do if he walked in on a *** raping his wife.

Sweet Peter! :lol:

I mind when the Akabusi sex stories were going about FF and I had a go at writing some of our own and would e-mail each other back and forth. FF's were always better than mine. Top notch.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/53018-akabusi-sex-tales/?p=1437769

"He lay there looking like a chocolate drawing pin" :lol:

The best thing about FF is he enjoys Broken Sword. Not enough people appreciate this fantastic game. Pretty sure he used to have George Stobbart as his avatar anyway. :lol:

He was just adding 'No Kings', linking to an anti-monarchy site, at the end of every post he made. I know it doesn't sound that great, but it was tremendous entertainment seeing people react to it.

That was basically it. It started off as a way to link to the site without changing my signature but after seeing the peerless reactions to it, soon it became added for the sake of adding it.

That resulted in this PM:

"Account has been suspended for one day for ignoring the request to stop spamming the forum with non-related repetitive links. Any further repetition will result in a lifetime ban for both this user and associated IP address."

I can't begin to describe how much seethe was generated by these two fairly non-controversial words.

Archived