The 50 Most Influential Posters in P&B History

Where and when do I collect my cash prize?

Tomorrow night at midnight down the back alley between Buchanan St and Queen St in Glasgow.

Remember to bring a bin bag with £950 in used £20 and £10 notes as the prize is £50 but I only have a £1000 note.

See you then.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow night at midnight down the back alley between Buchanan St and Queen St in Glasgow.

Remember to bring a bin bag with £950 in used £20 and £10 notes as the prize is £50 but I only have a £1000 note.

See you then.

Be careful when talking about your £1000 note on a public forum. You might get mugged.

"Thundermonkey's vandetta": Dickson complaining about imaginary persecution from said moderator and subsequently being heartily pointed and laughed at for page after page. He was finally red carded not long after that.

It should still be out there somewhere, assuming it wasn't lost in the mysterious 'hard drive failure' of earlier this year.

Fair enjoyed reading that.

I'm fully expecting to be in the top 10 :ph34r:Nailed on zero pointer in reality! :lol:

I'm beginning to question the reasons behind your boat purchase :P

That Thundermonkey thread highlighted a few excellent posters who almost never post anymore, and that thread was only a couple of years ago.

This part of the forum is now swarming with tedious aliases and kiddy on WUMs who couldn't lace the boots of the old guard.

Yes, I'm going to say it. P&B isnae as good as it used to be.

#clichepolice

I'm beginning to question the reasons behind your boat purchase :P

:lol: I've been rumbled!

It was all in the desperate hope of becoming a member of Club DECE........and top 5 in the most influencial P&B posters at the very least! ;)

That Thundermonkey thread highlighted a few excellent posters who almost never post anymore, and that thread was only a couple of years ago.

This part of the forum is now swarming with tedious aliases and kiddy on WUMs who couldn't lace the boots of the old guard.

#clichepolice

Div's the most succesfull troll in that thread

#clichepolice

I'll second you on that. Pile of no marks.

Turns out club Dece was started by a pimply school boy who struggled to lift his satchel. I'd stick with the boat mate :D

In terms of votes on here I am not qualified to comment as I am a zero pointer :(

I'd like to see the likes of Sensible, Sid, Joozy, et al come back here for a couple of weeks. They'd pish themselves laughing at the standard of trolling on here now. Christ, even Dickson was better at it than most on here now.

I'd like to see the likes of Sensible, Sid, Joozy, et al come back here for a couple of weeks. They'd pish themselves laughing at the standard of trolling on here now. Christ, even Dickson was better at it than most on here now.

Erm, Captain Sensible still posts, he's just shit at it.

Erm, Captain Sensible still posts, he's just shit at it.

Does he? :lol:

Not round these parts too often. I do remember he became a bit of a parody of himself, but in his prime, he was hilarious.

It's easier to troll when you know the posters you're trolling. The "old posters" generally had that advantage over the "new" ones. Not that I'm making any excuses, I agree that the old ones are better. I'm just helping explain why it might be

#clichepolice

Yep

#clichepolice

The thread still had too much pish humour attempts from The Phoenix though. In that respect, the forum not worse today than it was back then. There are just more boring fannies now who think they are funny when they clearly aren't.

I'd forgotten about StennyHibee until this thread. I could be wrong, but I believe it was he who took to the thread about the murder of those prostitutes in Ipswich a few years back, and gave them marks out of ten.

Not sure you'd get away with that on the forum now, without some wee nyaff running for the report button.

1372775019-629.jpg

1/10.

Rules have changed though, haven't they? Screaming torrents of personal abuse is no longer seen as grown up and funny. The new trolls aren't generally worse, they have simply had to adapt to the rules. Plus, there is a reason why the most offensive posters don't post any more. I've seen them off.

However, I do agree with you that the forum isn't as good as it used to be, and I think its partly down to fragmentation. General nonsense just doesn't have the variety it used to have thanks to the hiving off of so many pointless sub forums. There isn't the same interest and stimulation there any more, and there is less material to work with.

Archived