Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

That story is mental. Half a million. Got to wonder what percentage of the global supply that amounts to.

Surely they allowed the lads who found them to keep a card for themselves, at least.

On 28/12/2020 at 23:13, madwullie said:

Aye mate, it came on Christmas eve (10 or so days after ordering, which isn't bad considering it's a 3070). I ended up sticking an extra 16GB into it because I'm greedy. Very small teething issue on boot-up resolved in a 5 minute phone conversation (they hadn't mapped the 😧 (edit ffs D) drive and I've forgotten so much about PCs that it hadn't crossed my mind to check that myself). 

100% recommend this mob, excellent service, excellent build, not too expensive considering the spec, emailed me at various stages of the process to let me know what was happening, really easy to deal with on the phone, although they def had problems with my accent. If I buy pre-built again in the future I'll be looking at their stuff first without a doubt. 

Plus I managed to punt my old one just today on gumtree for 700 notes. Re-sult all round. 

Cheers for that. I placed my order yesterday for pretty much the same build. Hopefully it'll arrive early in the new year.

2 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I was thinking about £200, maybe £250 or is even that pushing it?

I guess theres not harm in starting at £250 but I'd be prepared to take less.

If you dont need the money, particularly, why not look at recycling it into a media server or something like that?

I'm selling a 2070 Super that's been out the box but never used if anyone is interested. Great card but horrendous to try and buy new at the moment, I'm not looking to rip anyone off.

It's the Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB. This is probably not the place to hawk ones goods but if anyone wants it send me a PM.

Edit - if no takers Ebay is where it'll go, some actual used cards are going for mental prices.

Edited by GiGi

35 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I'm selling a 2070 Super that's been out the box but never used if anyone is interested. Great card but horrendous to try and buy new at the moment, I'm not looking to rip anyone off.

It's the Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB. This is probably not the place to hawk ones goods but if anyone wants it send me a PM.

Edit - if no takers Ebay is where it'll go, some actual used cards are going for mental prices.

If you'd posted that last week I would have bitten your hand off for it :lol:

Ah well. Someone somewhere will want it I'm sure!
Definitely! I don't think you'll have any problem getting rid of it.

As you said, prices right now are crazy. I just missed out on a guy selling a 3070 locally. He listed it at RRP but told me he'd had lots of higher offers. I was then incredibly lucky to see someone else list a 3060ti for what he paid for it - he actually told me when I picked it up that he'd made a mistake and listed it for £25 less than he paid for it. He had managed to get a 3080 so it had never even been out of the box. Same guy is now selling a 2080ti for £650!

There's another guy in Carlisle selling a 3070 for £650. You can pay him for it now but he will keep it and use it until he can find a 3080!

Also, found this site if anyone is looking for a new card. 

They claim to discord/email as soon as a supply of cards becomes available in many stores. 

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-3070-3090

Not that I'm looking, I'm just extremely nosey 

Edited by madwullie

Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer for my new PC 🙁I had an email from Gladiator this morning saying to contact them as soon as was convenient. When I called they said they couldn't process my order as my billing and delivery addresses were different. There are a number of reasons why that is and also why it isn't an easy thing for me to fix just now, pandemic and family reasons. They did offer to process the order if I transferred them the money via BACS but I wasn't keen on this as I have 6 months interest free period left on my credit card and also the extra protection you get from using a credit card online.

Annoying but it'll probably just mean once I do get it ordered and sorted I'll be able to pay off a far larger chunk of it from the off.

My PC is due sometime this month. They have my card and cpu, but no PSUs with high enough wattage.

Wonder how many people are being held back by a fucking power unit 😭

Edited by GiGi

Bought this PC today, upped the RAM to 32GB (I'm sure 16GB would have been enough but equally my current PC has 16 so I wanted moar from my new one).

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-gaming-enigma-enthusiast-ryzen-7-3700x-geforce-rtx-3070-fs-1dw-og.html

I called them and checked about delivery and they said as long as the bank authorises the card payment they'll deliver to any address.