Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

6 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

To be fair it's a lot better now they've added a lot of content but this still makes me laugh as there's more than a grain of truth.

:lol:

Yeah, I remember all of that when it came out. Ive steered clear but kept an eye on the changes and still quite fancy it. 

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I was the same, I was doing some piddly trade run between two stations in a system till I could afford a bigger ship to... keep doing piddly trade runs. Then they massively increased the discovery payments for scanning stars and planets and I was sold on that. I'm currently 8000LY outside settled space with another 22000LY to go on my trip!

Stuff like this (a neutron star, you can fly into its relativistic jet and it'll quadruple your jump range) never stops being breathtaking.

neutron.thumb.png.22b7df91e724b51da2007c8cf9bc6529.png

I dont think I  even got as  far as starting trade runs

Anyone got any recommendation for civilization buidling/trading games for the PC?
I mean along the lines of the Anno games but without any combat involved. I've been playing Offworld Trading Company which is quite decent, just looking for other similar games.

Punted for  Assasins Creed games.  Syndicate set in Victorian London so can justify that to myself as study for next open uni module. Also picked up odyssey, unity and origins. Steam done an offer that I got a fiver off the total price. Been crap week at work so treated myself. I have some others on ps3 already. 

Further to EA bringing games for sale on steam later in the summer ( no date yet) they are offering access to subscribe to EA access through steam. The articles I see on this keep mentioning this as EA access and not origin access. Hopefully that means we get what xb/ps players get then and they are not just re branding what origin access is. 

Anyone else having trouble with these free sticker things? Nothing happens when I click to claim them within the Steam client; I have to log in to steampowered.com in a browser before it'll work.

Just thought it was a bit of an odd glitch to be happening within their own platform!

Alright, I need a recommendation(s). Having quite enjoyed Frogwares' The Sinking City and Sherlock Holmes: Crime & Punishments games, I've decided to buy their other Sherlock Holmes games while the sale's on, and also get Totally Accurate Battle Simulator for the wean while I'm at it. That leaves me needing to spend about another tenner to get the £5 off discount, and nothing else on my wishlist is particularly jumping out as being something I fancy at the moment, so I'm looking for suggestions.

Here are (apparently) the games I've played most, if anyone gives a bugger. Thanks for your help.

Arse.jpg

arse2.jpg

Picked up Shadow Tactics for a fiver which is really good and frustratingly hard. Took me about 5 hours to do the first 3 missions with about 100 quickloads after I fucked something up.

Also today at a mate's recommendation got GTFO. That is very very very interesting. If you haven't heard of it like me, check it out. First person shooter, horror, 4 player co-op. Teamwork and a bit of problem solving essential. It's also still in development so is early access at the moment but has been out since December so loads of content already in the game.

6 hours ago, Doctor said:

@BigFatTabbyDave The remake of Monkey Island 2 might fill out your list nicely

Already got it, and it's been played through several times  :thumsup2

Was considering The Curse of Monkey Island, but I don't think it's remastered in any way, and I still have a big-box copy somewhere, which you can play through ScummVM, so it seems a bit pointless.

Frostpunk looked promising, as I loved This War of Mine. Not generally big on city building games, though.

26 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Depends how kitted out your Civ 5 was. 

Had BNW and a few mods, but nothing extensive. I've went for Base game plus Rise and Fall to play as Scotland, will see how it is. 

10 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Had BNW and a few mods, but nothing extensive. I've went for Base game plus Rise and Fall to play as Scotland, will see how it is. 

The two main DLCs beef it up into a genuinely great and deep game. That's the problem with these series though is that they release a lot of deep expansions which makes the base game of the next entry feel really light by comparison. Was wondering what was gonna happen with Crusader Kings 3 but I think they're basically starting from where they left CK2 map and playable options wise which is good. 

One of my Dota cosmetics just sold for over £100 😂

Plenty of funds to play with but genuinely don't know what I'll do with it, that'll last me about 2 years!

One of my Dota cosmetics just sold for over £100 [emoji23]
Plenty of funds to play with but genuinely don't know what I'll do with it, that'll last me about 2 years!

1v1 me mid

16 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

A Plague Tale: Innocence - This is a real gem with great graphics, fantastic music, really great voice actors considering they're mostly kids. Only a few levels in but it's hitting me the way a really good show on netflix does where I purposefully consume it in small doses. 9/10 so far.

I think I'm gonna take a week at some point and blast through this and Pathologic 2. Both look really interesting but I don't feel in the right frame of mind to enjoy them atm.

Titanfall 2 is great, the campaign is snappy I think anyone could easily beat it in 6 or so hours and it does a lot thats memorable or unique in that time. That's just the warm-up though the real meat is the mutiplayer, if you are at all into call of duty then Titanfall should click with you. It's got a fantastic feeling of movement with the use of the grapple hook that makes just running about the levels fun. Plus its got a multiplayer mode called Attrition (I think) where its 6v6 people but the maps contain computer controlled soldiers which at least made me feel half decent contributing to the teams points total without just being gunned down by angry 14 year old russians.

I've bought The Outer Wilds after hearing so much praise for it but I just don't think its for me, I'm not a huge fan of space themed games to start with and the style of the characters put me off a bit, still got 2 weeks to refund it though so will try and give it another fair shot given all the good things I've heard.

Also bought Halo: Master Chief collection. Yet to play it, feel a bit dirty to be honest