Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

For how much the sale ends? I am thinking about what will be better for me. Buy some games now on steam or wait a little bit and then buy wow gold https://mmoauctions.com/world-of-warcraft/gold with the battle for Azeroth expansion. WoW, it is a really nice game and I wish that now lots of people come back to play. Buying wow gold its great advantage for people who do not have too much time for play as when they were younger. Like me. I am understanding that I lost the pleasure of farming and enjoying a game at all but better is play at the top level than do not play at all or only adventuring or farming.

Edited by argin

3 hours ago, argin said:

For how much the sale ends?

It runs to July 5th.

I bought a couple of things, first is the Isle of Man TT game, really difficult but really spectacular.  I have very little experience with motorcycle racing games so I keep crashing into things like pubs lol.  Also bought "Train Fever" for about $3.00, it's a railway building game that is OK but I'm glad I wouldn't pay much more for it!  At first I got frustrated because the tutorial is shit and my trains kept getting stuck but once I figured that out it was straightforward

It runs to July 5th.
I bought a couple of things, first is the Isle of Man TT game, really difficult but really spectacular.  I have very little experience with motorcycle racing games so I keep crashing into things like pubs lol.  Also bought "Train Fever" for about $3.00, it's a railway building game that is OK but I'm glad I wouldn't pay much more for it!  At first I got frustrated because the tutorial is shit and my trains kept getting stuck but once I figured that out it was straightforward
Try Tracks, it's a game based on the wooden train toy sets, it's actually really well made and well supported by the devs. I got it for my son and he loves it

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got PES 2019 for £2.99 on cd keys so it for my friend as well. Think its gone up to £3.99 . There is updates easily enough to get to get real names and things. Online activity is very low so best if you know someone else who can play. They are planning shutting servers in september I think.

1 hour ago, Johnstoun said:

Shogun 2 Total War free on steam for the next couple of days.

Interesting. I don't remember Steam doing any giveaways in years, but they seem to be becoming more regular again.

1 hour ago, Johnstoun said:

Shogun 2 Total War free on steam for the next couple of days.

Downloaded this last night but havent played it yet. Looking forward to it, though. I loved the original TW Shogun but struggled to get into any of the others, apart from the first Rome one I think. 

Probably worth mentioning that Alien: Isolation is down to £1.50 on Steam for Alien Day, which I didn't realise was a thing, but have just worked out why (it's the 26th of April).

Couldn't quite get into it myself, but I can see why it was so popular.

Probably worth mentioning that Alien: Isolation is down to £1.50 on Steam for Alien Day, which I didn't realise was a thing, but have just worked out why (it's the 26th of April).
Couldn't quite get into it myself, but I can see why it was so popular.
Tricky game but definitely the ultimate Alien experience, although I quote enjoyed Marines which was roundly panned.

A must at £1.50 and a good reminder I have to go back and complete it

• 1 month later...

Got Wargroove for £7.99 (have had it on my wishlist for a wee while now but was waiting for the price to drop, thankfully popped up with one of those "An item on your Steam wishlist is on a special offer" emails)

It's pretty much Advance Wars, except dragons instead of tanks. Have never played the Fire Emblem series but seemingly it has also got a fair few elements from those games in it too going by other user feedback.

Has been unbelievably addictive so far, and I'm happy to report it firmly has that special "just one more turn" feel to it that the Advance Wars series had - sometimes even "just one more level" tbf, ha. Looks like its on a deal for another 40 or so hours, would deffo say that for <£10 it's terrific value for money. The mechanics are a bit different to the Advance Wars games in some ways (capturing buildings for instance is markedly different, but the buildings themselves fulfil more or less the same functions as they would in Advance Wars for giving you resources, using them to build units etc.) but they're easy enough to pick up from the first few missions, and they don't seem to be quite as broken as stuff like Dual Strike was (where you pretty much won or lost an entire match in one turn by either maximising the dual strike mechanic when you got it or getting completely crippled when the enemy used it.)

Downside would be that maps can become a bit of a slog if you f**k up early on, but even at that it's always satisfying when you reach that point where you're certain of victory after a tough match and you start steamrollering your way through the enemy lines a la the Red Army toward Berlin circa 1945, as Mark Corrigan might say.

If you enjoyed any of the Advance Wars games it then it's well worth picking up imo!

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

• 2 weeks later...

EA seem to be putting a lot of their stuff on Steam now even a pre order for Madden 21. Would love if they could port NHL to pc, crazy there has been no ice hockey game on PC other than management games since 2009.