NFL Fantasy Dynasty League

GingerSaint

Dynasty Friends!

A couple of years back I interviewed some of you guys about your participation in Fantasy Sports, and why you played them/what you got out of playing etc.

I am back undertaking a new study, and am once again looking to talk to fellow Fantasy addicts about their participation in fantasy sports and if/how this has affected them over time. I’m also looking at if/how I people use fantasy sports as a means of escape, and what this/these experience(s) mean(s) to them, hence why I am looking to talk to the real hardcore players, and why I have turned to you guys!

I’d probably be looking at taking up about half an hour of your time via Skype or on a mobile/landline so if you’re keen to take part (it would be a massive help and I would very much appreciate it) then let me know here or you can send me an PM.

Cheers,

7 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

I'd be happy help you out again. Won't be until Saturday at the earliest as I'm working in Newcastle this week.

Nice one, cheers bud, I'll give you a PM over the weekend

On 5/1/2017 at 12:45, GingerSaint said:

IMPORTANT DRAFT ANNOUNCEMENT

The rookie draft will commence on Sunday 6th August at 10am.

This will be a 5 round slow email draft and you will have 24 hours to make your pick before defaulting to the top available rookie (according to Fleaflicker rankings). In a slight change from previous years, the clock will be reduced to 12 hours per pick for Rounds 4 and 5 which typically take longer as interest wanes. 

The rosters will be extended by 5 players shortly before the draft to accommodate these rookies, but beware as you will have to get back under the roster limit before opening day or risk losing your most recently added players.

Bump. 2 weeks until the draft begins. :thumsup2

On 5/1/2017 at 12:45, GingerSaint said:

IMPORTANT DRAFT ANNOUNCEMENT

The rookie draft will commence on Sunday 6th August at 10am.

This will be a 5 round slow email draft and you will have 24 hours to make your pick before defaulting to the top available rookie (according to Fleaflicker rankings). In a slight change from previous years, the clock will be reduced to 12 hours per pick for Rounds 4 and 5 which typically take longer as interest wanes. 

The rosters will be extended by 5 players shortly before the draft to accommodate these rookies, but beware as you will have to get back under the roster limit before opening day or risk losing your most recently added players.

1 week to go until the draft!

3 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Corey Davis. Still not in love with this draft class so the first overall is still for sale.

Fournette, Davis and McCaffrey - what's not to like? 

I'm stacked at RB to the point that it's barely worth even looking. Maybe worded the post badly. I don't see a stand out WR. I don't think there will be much difference between the first 6 WR's to be taken. So aye, bit of a poor class for me to have first overall.

Still be on Davis tho next Sunday unless he gets a dui or shoots someone between now and then.

27 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Corey Davis. Still not in love with this draft class so the first overall is still for sale.

I love it so much. Theres a good...40 odd players? im happy to draft in this league. Lot of lottery tickets but theres a lot of guys im confident in

2 minutes ago, Stewbo said:

I love it so much. Theres a good...40 odd players? im happy to draft in this league. Lot of lottery tickets but theres a lot of guys im confident in

I hate it to be honest. Find myself trading away 2nd and 3rds for veterans or taking defensive players a bit higher than normal.

24 minutes ago, GingerSaint said:

I hate it to be honest. Find myself trading away 2nd and 3rds for veterans or taking defensive players a bit higher than normal.

The depth of talent is easily the best since 2014 class. The top 4 are significantly ahead of everyone else, but when was the last time we had a top 4? Theres guys as deep as the 4th round who could have a starting gig this year and are good players.

1 minute ago, Stewbo said:

The depth of talent is easily the best since 2014 class. The top 4 are significantly ahead of everyone else, but when was the last time we had a top 4? Theres guys as deep as the 4th round who could have a starting gig this year and are good players.

Name one.

I mean i dont want to give away too many of my guys... :P

While Im far from his biggest fan, Wayne Gallman could easily take over the NYG backfield from shitey paul perkins just from being a more versatile type player. Probably wont do much long term but he can definitely be Jeremy Hill/Matt Asiata in his good fantasy season.

Guys like Chad Williams, ArDarius Stewart, Kenny Golladay could all make an impact in their first year too. Theres a few other long shots but guys like that keep slipping way far down

14 minutes ago, Stewbo said:

I mean i dont want to give away too many of my guys... :P

While Im far from his biggest fan, Wayne Gallman could easily take over the NYG backfield from shitey paul perkins just from being a more versatile type player. Probably wont do much long term but he can definitely be Jeremy Hill/Matt Asiata in his good fantasy season.

Guys like Chad Williams, ArDarius Stewart, Kenny Golladay could all make an impact in their first year too. Theres a few other long shots but guys like that keep slipping way far down

I really disagree. There's not even one of those Jay Ajayi or Devonta Freeman types available in the 2nd round - a guy with great talent that slipped in the NFL draft for whatever reason. 

There's 10 guys I like in this draft (not necessarily all 1st rounders).

Edited by GingerSaint

4 minutes ago, GingerSaint said:

I really disagree. There's not even one of those Jay Ajayi or Devonta Freeman types available in the 2nd round - a guy with great talent that slipped in the NFL draft for whatever reason. 

There's 10 guys I like in this draft (not necessarily all 1st rounders).

Oh youve missed some of them then, the 2 that sprung to mind right away for me are like my favourite players in the draft class so I dont really want to mention them by name.

isaiah ford is a good example of one. He was my 4th best receiver from the tape i watched and off field stuff saw all the VT guys fall. Pity he landed on the dolphins :(

Joe Williams is another one. He was a fantastic player at Utah and teams got scared off when he quit the team because they didnt look in to the full story.

Jake Butt will almost certainly be Denvers starting TE when he gets back to full fitness. Far and away the 2nd best TE in the class (Engram is a receiver and cant block), but the ACL injury dropped him super late. Ive seen him go undrafted in fantasy leagues. Loads of the TEs are like that tbh, mostly just because theyre smaller school prospects, or Bucky Hodges (See Ford above)