*****The Official UK Grime Thread*****

• 6 months later...

I've not been here in about 3 years, just wanted to see how the Grime thread had looked coinciding with grime blowing up and then subsequently dying. Someone posted Man's Not Hot.. (That's a parody of drill music) Also my namesake has had a bit of a rise since then, perhaps unsurprisingly I no longer rate Stormzy in a grime category anymore as he's not done it for well over a year. Wiley released the Godfather 2 which I thought was pretty terrible in comparison to the first one, I do think grime has had its time now and we'll never see the heights we did in 2015/16. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

bbbbbbbbbbump

Never heard that before. Love it though. 

Interestingly I've seen a lot of discussion around how drill has lately been lowkey merging back into grime, it's weird but I kinda agree. You can see from my post 3 years ago on this page that I was quite disparaging towards the state of play. After listening to predominantly grime since 2008-10ish I stopped checking the newer stuff and all the oxygen seemed to go into drill, I couldn't be arsed with drill at all 3 or 4 years ago, it was always just the same type of beat and flow, the only thing people rated it on was how inventivley they were talking about stabbing folk. Found myself drifting back into more underground US stuff but the last year or so I've been listening to people like Meekz and Millionz, there's an argument over if they're drill or just rap anyway but nowadays more and more of the popular drill type stuff is creeping towards the 140bpm and they're actually developing intricate rhyme patterns and unorthodox techniques, which is what got me into grime in the first place.