The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

My PS3 is making some amount of noise when playing this. Anyone else getting this.

Aye. Sounds like the PS3 struggles with it.

Thank f**k, thought my PS3 was broken or something. It's the only reason I'm not playing constantly - because I want to give my PS3 a break if it's doing so much work to play this!

Can someone who has completed this tell me how far i have got til the end

I'm nearing the firefly hospital, currently in an abandoned tunnel

An hour at the very most. Possibly less than that depending at the speed you go through.

• 2 weeks later...

Great game completed the storyline a couple of days ago. So far I have been unable to load the online part of the game :( could be because my internet is terrible, anybody else experiencing a similar problem?

Edited by cal234ey

• 2 months later...

Definitely the best game I have ever played... The storyline was just incredible!!! I really hope there is some single player DLC coming out soon, not only for the ps3, but ps4 as well, as the game would look even more beautiful on ps4!!

Anyone still in two minds about getting this game... what are you waiting for!!!!!!

Easily game of the year for me.

Sound, graphics, controls, gameplay, characters, story its got everything.

It's basically a mature survival horror game without all the unrealistic nonsense we've gotten off Capcom's Resident Evil franchise.

I just started another run of this a couple of nights ago and I'm remembering why I loved this game when it came out, its hooking me back in with ease.

It's a masterpiece.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a shot of The Last of Us from my mate and I absolutely loved it. One of the top games of this generation without a doubt. The atmosphere created at times in this game is phenomonal. The part of the game that really sticks out for me are the sections after you meet Ellie and then until you leave Tess behind. The visuals, music and gameplay are fantastic as you escape from the soldiers at night in the rain and then crawl through the ruined skyscrapers and museums. I genuinely felt on edge at these scenes in the game, even during the quiet moments when nothing was threatening. There was some really strong characterisation throughout it too. Joel's fascinating as a character because there can be no doubt that since the outbreak he's become a terrible person. Yet the writers took the time to let us understand how he lost his moral compass and even why he makes his decision at the end of the game, regardless of the consequences it may have for humanity's future.

It's also a testament to how much the game got me emotionally invested that at the end when Joel realises what the Fireflies are going to have to do to Ellie, my first reaction was to charge all guns blazing and try rescue her, rather than approach the situation rationally and stealthily as I had been doing throughout the game up until that point.

Edited by captainkev

• 4 weeks later...
Fife Saint, on 16 Dec 2013 - 17:19, said:

Santa is bringing me a PS3 with this contained in the pack. Bearing in mind, the last console I owned was a PS 1 with FIFA 96, I fully expect to have my tiny pea-brain blown away.

If you have any other games, I urge you to play them first, nothing will compare to the experience of this game. Fantastic story.