The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

Played it for about an hour last night, inbetween attempting to get my son to stop screaming. Graphics are awesome, not blown away by the gameplay yet, but I don't think I'm far enough in to make a proper judgement.

I really, really, really, really, hope that this Bill c**t dies a slow and very painful death. All he does is run about while I'm trying to be stealth letting all the Runners know where we are, which in turn lets the Clickers know where we are. He must have cost me about 10 deaths. Furthermore there's a bit where he just doesn't bother helping you up. Total p***k.

On a different note, to counteract the worst NPC of all time, Ellie seems pretty sound, rarely gets into trouble and sometimes shivs c***s that are attacking you. She's a good egg.

I really, really, really, really, hope that this Bill c**t dies a slow and very painful death. All he does is run about while I'm trying to be stealth letting all the Runners know where we are, which in turn lets the Clickers know where we are. He must have cost me about 10 deaths. Furthermore there's a bit where he just doesn't bother helping you up. Total p***k.

On a different note, to counteract the worst NPC of all time, Ellie seems pretty sound, rarely gets into trouble and sometimes shivs c***s that are attacking you. She's a good egg.

Bill's been awesome for me, smashed one of the Clicker's in the back garden with his machete just as it had blindsided me. I concurred with Bill in telling Ellie to shut it as well.

Wee infected c**t that she is

A few thoughts on the game; it is very, very good. Reminds me more of Silent Hill combined with Uncharted. Visually it is stunning, you can see emotions on the characters faces which really helps with gauging their thoughts and feelings. The first part is brutal, and really helps you to understand Joel and his reaction to Ellie, and he's left with a choice at the end you can see that the thing he didn't want to happen, has happened, he's become invested.

I really hope there is some DLC planned for this because I don't want it to end.

I'm off to start it again on Survivor mode now.

Oh and the soundtrack is masterful and really adds to the suspension and grim reality of the game.

Edited by Mr. Brightside.

Sounds great, thank f**k it's nothing like resident evil then. Uncharted is excellent and the earlier silent hill games were really good. It's a real shame nobody has managed to make a good silent hill game for so long. Another series where the soundtrack really made a huge difference to the atmosphere.

Silent Hill, Resident Evil & Final Fantasy - My favourite three games series, each one has been utterly dismal for about 10 year, absolute travesty.

The pause noises' sound a lot like Silent Hill in this game, and it's got a touch of MGS too as stealth is the way forward. Brilliant game this.

Neither silent hill nor FF have been as atrocious as resident evil, to be fair. RE 6 and raccoon city are two of the worst games on the 360, let alone a franchise.

Can't wait to get this from lovefilm soon. Looks incredible.

I'd say some of the FF entries have bordered on being that bad, whereas SH hasn't really made a laughably bad game, rather just a boring one, which can sometimes be worse. Glad I never bought either of the two Resi games it has to be said though.

Pyramid puss was where it was at for Silent Hill.

I reckon I'm just about finished this after just over 12 hours. As mentioned above the sound track is incredible and visually it's almost perfect coupled with some real tense moments and perfect voice acting it does make for a pretty good fucking game.

Probably the 2nd best game I've played this year behind Tomb Raider.

Turns out I had nearly another couple of hours to go.

Question for those of you who have completed it...

See in the scene right at the end when Ellie is on the operating table do you have a choice there? I just stormed in and blasted the place to bits but on second thoughts can you just let them mangle her brain looking for a vaccine?

Turns out I had nearly another couple of hours to go.

Question for those of you who have completed it...

See in the scene right at the end when Ellie is on the operating table do you have a choice there? I just stormed in and blasted the place to bits but on second thoughts can you just let them mangle her brain looking for a vaccine?

I wouldn't have thought so, I wouldn't let that happen to Joel! Not after what happened to Sarah (which was horrific incidentally)

I am playing through it again in Survivor mode so I'll see what happens this time round

This game looks incredible. I already know the plot since I watched a walk through and it's how a blockbuster game should be.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Just got paid, missed getting this last week. Is this worth going and buying full price for the 12 hours game play?

Is it simply a one play through game etc?