The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

Well this looks awesome. Out next Friday.

IGN gave it a 10. 95 on Metacritic.

Go check it out.

Misread that and started wondering how it's possible to get a 10.95 rating :lol:

Not really my kind of thing (I suck at survival horror games) but it looks like the spiritual successor to the good Resident Evil games

Misread that and started wondering how it's possible to get a 10.95 rating :lol:

I did the exact same thing! :lol:

This is the first I've heard of it, but looks interesting. I'll maybe investigate a wee bit further later this week and see if it's something I'd be interested in. I do love the Resi franchise so definitely has some intrigue about it.

Just pre-ordered it now. This, Beyond: Two Souls & The Evil Within makes me very excited to be a Sony based gamer. Even if only 2 of the 3 are exclusives.

Remember seeing some of this last year and very impressed by the concept, the idea of almost a mash of the original idea for Iam Alive, left for dead. With zombie games now focusing more on the human survival angle rather than just carnage should make for an interesting year of zombieness

Edge and Eurogamer both gave it a 10. It's not often that happens to a game.

Aye it's been getting perfect scores pretty much across the board, don't think I've ever seen that before. (Majora's Mask is the only other 10 I've seen from a respected source I think)

Some impressive reviews so far for this, got it on my rental list so soon find out. Don't know why people are making comparisons to resident evil though.

Because the people infected with the virus attack you, there's three different kinds of them as well, first stage where they're mostly human, second where the spores are taking over and third where they are completely under its control.

Got it Monday there and so far it's a 9/10. Playing it on hard mode. The finding stuff part isn't that difficult and I hardly use my gun. It's just too hard to pull it out and shoot before you're attacked although I'm left handed and never been that great at using right analog to aim. I just use fists, pipes, knives etc. It's much more satisfying as its violent as f**k. You can also cut about sneakin up on folk and strangle them from behind. The storyline is immense and the voice acting ka brilliant. It has you tuned in right from the start. There is a twist at the start I wasn't expecting but kinda explains the way he is later on.

Got it Monday there and so far it's a 9/10. Playing it on hard mode. The finding stuff part isn't that difficult and I hardly use my gun. It's just too hard to pull it out and shoot before you're attacked although I'm left handed and never been that great at using right analog to aim. I just use fists, pipes, knives etc. It's much more satisfying as its violent as f**k. You can also cut about sneakin up on folk and strangle them from behind. The storyline is immense and the voice acting ka brilliant. It has you tuned in right from the start. There is a twist at the start I wasn't expecting but kinda explains the way he is later on.

How did you get it early?

I'm enjoying it so far, the graphics are stunning, and the game play is great. I agree with what Geedub says about the weapons, the knifes and pipes etc are much more satisfying to use.

I'm rarely using the guns because there is hardly any ammo and the enemies are too quick. The shotgun is great fun though.

I'm enjoying it so far, the graphics are stunning, and the game play is great. I agree with what Geedub says about the weapons, the knifes and pipes etc are much more satisfying to use.

I'm rarely using the guns because there is hardly any ammo and the enemies are too quick. The shotgun is great fun though.

How did everyone get this early?! :bairn

Took a look in Montrose Tesco this morning at 7am, but it wasn't on the shelf yet. I've got Tesco vouchers burning a hole in my pocket, and a wife going out tonight, so I think The Last of Us will be getting picked up today.