The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

There’s a near constant stream of class games coming out these days alongside affordable subscription services and free games so I find it weird that anyone would get wound up by delays. Especially with the rich history of titles being released early and completely broken as a result.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Apparently there’s some pretty significant spoilers leaked all over social media by a disgruntled employee. I haven’t seen them but probably wise to be careful if you see any mention of the game on twitter etc.

Stumbled upon footage and all the spoilers on Twitter. Was going to ignore as I am a massive fan, however my mate who is the exact same told me to just read it and watch as the sequel will be a total waste of your time. And it definitely looks it. I won’t be getting it. Whoever wrote that plot can go suck a fat dick.

7 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Stumbled upon footage and all the spoilers on Twitter. Was going to ignore as I am a massive fan, however my mate who is the exact same told me to just read it and watch as the sequel will be a total waste of your time. And it definitely looks it. I won’t be getting it. Whoever wrote that plot can go suck a fat dick.

Same, had been looking forward to this until seen the spoilers, f**k that, utter garbage plotline

I don’t think reading what’s going to happen is an accurate reflection of how it plays out or would be received but TLoU2 has looked like it was going to be a hot mess plot wise from the first trailers and those leaks look to have confirmed it.

10 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I'm going to try and avoid the spoilers, but I'm really interested to see just how bad the story's supposed to be if it's genuinely putting folk off buying the game.

It's not that its bad, it's just, they're going to change things from the original game. That's all that can be said if you don't want spoilers.

On 02/05/2020 at 22:43, accies1874 said:

I'm going to try and avoid the spoilers, but I'm really interested to see just how bad the story's supposed to be if it's genuinely putting folk off buying the game.

It hasn't changed my opinion of the game it's more confirmed that Naughty Dog seem determined to write the most miserable and grizzly story they can and I don't really care about that. The Last of Us was both of those things but had enough hope and quietly comforting moments to offset the general atmosphere and tell a nuanced story I haven't expected from most games I've played.

I don't want to know any spoilers please. But in a word, are people pissed off because it A. isn't a sequel or B. because they think the plot is shite?

I know Ellie has featured in a trailer but from the other clips I've seen I've assumed it was an entirely new story.

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't want to know any spoilers please. But in a word, are people pissed off because it A. isn't a sequel or B. because they think the plot is shite?

I know Ellie has featured in a trailer but from the other clips I've seen I've assumed it was an entirely new story.

I don't know how to answer that without giving away a spoiler as answering with A or B is a spoiler, shirley?

16 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I don't know how to answer that without giving away a spoiler as answering with A or B is a spoiler, shirley?

Aye I suppose you're right. I've just assumed that it isn't a sequel by what folk have said on here. But confirming that would be a spoiler as you say. I'll be playing it regardless so I suppose it doesn't really matter!