The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

That sounds utterly boring.

I agree it won't be to everyone's taste, but it was the "very sad" part I didn't agree with.  I don't sit and watch them paying 100% attention, but they're good background stuff.  There's more games that I'd like to experience than I have anywhere near the time to play, so it's a good way to get to see what they're about rather than buy them myself and leave them sitting on a shelf doing nothing.   Or it's a PC game that I simply don't have the specs to play.  Also a good way of seeing whether games are actively worth getting by seeing them played out (now that demos are very rare).  I watched an LP of Inside start to finish, knowing it was unlikely I'd get it.  Until Dawn, Papers Please, Subnautica etc etc.  It does depend on who is doing the video though.  Just watching someone play through a game would be boring, completely agree, but if the person making the video knows when to add something to it, and - more importantly - when to just shut up and let the game speak for itself, then it's usually a good watch.

But then on the other hand, there's people that watch people play Football Manager on youtube.  That sounds incredibly tedious.

The only issue I have with "Let's play" videos is that when searching on YouTube for more trimmed down content regarding a game you often get a search list of several hundred "Let's play" videos instead as everyone is trying to make it now as the next PewDewPie.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

It is sad, pathetically passive. At least playing you're engaged in something.

I am engaged in something when I'm watching something else, just not playing a game (at least that game).  But if you'd rather spend money on every single game you're interested in, you do you.  And if you have the time to do all that, then you're lucky.

1 hour ago, mrcat1990 said:

The only issue I have with "Let's play" videos is that when searching on YouTube for more trimmed down content regarding a game you often get a search list of several hundred "Let's play" videos instead as everyone is trying to make it now as the next PewDewPie.

Yeah, that is an issue.  Just a matter of finding the decent ones and filtering out the 1000s of people who put no effort into the content and just see it as a way to get rich and/or famous just because PewdiePie (who is absolute shite) did it.

Edited by forameus

On 26/02/2018 at 10:25, forameus said:

But then on the other hand, there's people that watch people play Football Manager on youtube.  That sounds incredibly tedious.

They are my favourite lets play videos to watch! But the creator has to bring something to it, just simply watching someone play the game would be unbearable. There's a lot of creators who add decent narrative and make characters out of a lot of the players. I usually have an FM lets play on the telly while I'm playing the game myself. 

Main reason I watched it us because I don’t have a PS4 and everyone was raving about it, it’s not available on Xbox is it? I just happened to come across it whilst browsing YouTube.

Was off ill from work for a few days too bored out my skull.

Did enjoy it though oddly enough, game looked great and the ending was class.

ETA: by the way, I had no idea how much money these people can make. What a fucking coooshty number that is eh.

Nah, only available on Playstation (and PC I'm sure). Don't see an issue with watching it tbh. I've played it 3 times and reckon I could sit and watch it. It's like a brilliant film anyway.

It's what The Walking Dead could have been [emoji38]

Nah, only available on Playstation (and PC I'm sure). Don't see an issue with watching it tbh. I've played it 3 times and reckon I could sit and watch it. It's like a brilliant film anyway.

Yeah I thought the same.

I’m told that the Walking Dead game story is better than the actual one too, how sad after such a promising start.

Not on PC as far as I know,other than through PlayStation now

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought the remastered version of the game from the PS Store for a couple of quid a couple of weeks ago and completed it today.

A sensational story, brilliantly told. Great characters, great arcs, and the ending is out of this world. Some truly terrifying moments in it too - the scene in the hotel basement when you restart the generator and a bloater suddenly appears is frightening. The pacing is tremendous and I don't think I've ever felt so vulnerable in a video game when you start playing as Ellie during the winter episode.

I'm going to give Left Behind a whirl. I know what happens in it, but still.

• 3 months later...

Playing this for the first time, hooked already. No idea how far through I am, just met the guy with all the booby traps after the Capitol building. 

Clickers give me the fucking fear. 

• 7 months later...
Just got this last week so only a few hours in. Died numerous times already, bloody clickers!
Clickers are easy enough once you get the hang of them. Keep a shiv and a brick/ bottle and you always stand a chance. Also upgrade towards shivs killing them asap.

• 2 weeks later...