The Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge(Resurrected March 2015)

peeeel

post-43851-0-52623400-1371171863.png
Hibs sign Rodolfo Zelaya
200px-Rodolfo_Zelaya_.jpg

Zelaya started his career playing for C.D. San Rafael in 2004 where he played for one year. The following season, he moved to Atlético La Merced. In July 2006, both Zelaya and Rusvel Saravia were offered contracts to play for one of El Salvadors biggest clubs, C.D. Águila. Unfortunately for both Zelaya and Saravia, they could not come to terms with the club over their proposed salaries, and as a result, the transfer fell through. Zelaya then moved on to play in Segunda División de Fútbol Salvadoreño with A.D. Intipucá. After 2 years with the club, Zelaya caught the attention of C.D. Chalatenango coach Vladan Vićević. After meeting with Vivevic, Zelaya was offered, and accepted a contract to play with his first Primera División club C.D. Chalatenango. Zelaya went on to impress in his first season with the club and grew a fan base with both spectators and reporters for being one of El Salvador's most promising young strikers.

In 2008, Zelaya moved to Alianza F.C. after former C.D. Chalatenango president Lisandro Pohl switched clubs. This switch lead to Pohl taking various players with him to Alianza F.C. whose rights he supposedly owned due to them being bought when he was president at C.D. Chalatenango.

On June 15, 2009, Zelaya was one of the three Salvadoran footballers signed to Mexican club Club León on a loan deal, the other two were Cristian Castillo and Julio Enrique Martínez.[1] On 3 December 2009, it was announced that Club León had permanently signed Zelaya along with the other two Salvadorans with a three-year contract. On 12 December 2009, it was confirmed by Alianza's own president, Lisandro Pohl, that Zelaya would return to Alianza on a loan deal.[2] Zelaya later played without a loan deal and participated at the Clausura 2011, where he was top goalscorer with 13 goals to his part. He also had the opportunity to reign champion and score 2 goals at the final to give his team the championship.[3] On 19 July 2011, Zelaya signed with Russian First Division club FC Alania Vladikavkaz on a loan transfer for six months. Alania may be able to redeem his transfer by January 2012.[4] On August 9, 2011, Zelaya debuted at the Russian league championship in a match against Torpedo Vladimir as a starter. On November 4, he scored two goals against Mordovia Saransk, but also received a knee injury that would rule him out for 7 months. [5] During the summer of 2012, Alania decided not to keep him and sent him back to Alianza. On January 26 2013, he once again signed a six-month loan to rejoin Alania Vladikavkaz, who had been promoted to the Russian Premiere League.

International career

Zelaya officially received his first cap on April 23, 2008 in a friendly match against China.[6] He scored his first goal with the national team on September 6, 2008 in a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification match against Haiti. This game also saw him score his first hat-trick which lead El Salvador to a 5-0 win against the then Caribbean Nations Cup champions. At the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Zelaya received two trophies for the best player in the matches against Cuba and Panama.[7] Overall, Zelaya scored 4 goals being the second top goalscorer of the tournament. Zelaya was noted by Goal.com as being one of the Best XI of the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup — alongside Javier Hernández as forwards.[8] CONCACAF also noted "Fito" scoring the fifth best goal of the tournament, a decent feat considering 80 goals scored in the tournament.[9]

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
post-43851-0-52623400-1371171863.png

Hibs loan Ryan Edwards

edwardsblackburn_2755990.jpg?20130104110

Ferguson has moved to bring Ryan Edward in as cover for the season, a year long deal has been accepted, however should Hibernian not make the Europa League Group stage and Ryan fails to break into the squad they will agree to end the loan deal. This works out great for both me and Ryan, by the looks of things Blackburn seem happy to let Ryan's contract run down and Ryan will need a big season in order to find a club next season.

Quality mate!

Managed to push Aberdeen up to 4th place (9th when I took over) and we finished as cup runners-up to Celtic aswell so we got a place in Europe.

My current team

Jan Mucha

Ryan Jack, Andrew Considine, Mark Reynolds, Aaron Sinclair

Jason Holt, Robert Milsom

Jonny Hayes, Ryan McGowan, Craig Conway

Scott Vernon

Quality mate!

Managed to push Aberdeen up to 4th place (9th when I took over) and we finished as cup runners-up to Celtic aswell so we got a place in Europe.

My current team

Jan Mucha

Ryan Jack, Andrew Considine, Mark Reynolds, Aaron Sinclair

Jason Holt, Robert Milsom

Jonny Hayes, Ryan McGowan, Craig Conway

Scott Vernon

Nice1 G&WA mate, how was Vernon for you, he killed the league last year?(2014/2015)

Anyway good luck in Europe mate!!

MESSAGE FROM FERGUSON

Just a quick message to all the followers, readers, commenters etc. I would just like to say thanks before I forget and the mid season madness kicks in, the topic would have likely died on it's arse had it not been for the following, I hate to disappoint. Anyway as always thanks and stay tuned.

tumblr_m62v5aujxy1rolaymo1_500_large.gif

Boew7Vc.png

Lennon beware!

_65792393_mmftbfergusonlongint080213.jpg

Alex Ferguson told Neil Lennon that he better get his "Finger oot!". Ferguson stated that having won his first cup at Hibernian, that more success will follow. " I tell the players that the bus is moving. This club has to progress. And the bus wouldn't wait for them. I tell them to get on board".

After you win a trophy it is the making of you as a player, you either have to hunger to win more or gloat on the past, the second of those player will leave the club. I think you just have to look at Thomas Reilly scores a hat trick in the Scottish Cup final for his local club, still finds the hunger to get out there and do the same the following year for a new club in a new city. We have a group of winners here and my advice to Neil is take the first job offer that comes up as you won't be winning everything anymore.

Nice1 G&WA mate, how was Vernon for you, he killed the league last year?(2014/2015)

Anyway good luck in Europe mate!!

Managed 18 goals last season, the exact same as Rory Fallon though.

Managed 18 goals last season, the exact same as Rory Fallon though.

Try bag a clinical goal scorer mate, the rest will fall into place with time.

Boew7Vc.png

Hibs on cloud 9

ibrox_2173269b.jpg

This will be Hibernians first visit to Ibrox park since it became home of " Sevco". Hibernian who has just reached the pinnacle of being the second biggest club in Scotland, however Ferguson was quick to blast The Rangers Football Club, this club is not looking to battle to be the 4th, 3rd or 2nd biggest club in the country but the biggest the return of The rangers will have effect on this at all.

Archived