SJC's Boat Thread

Thanks mate.

Yeh the refit costs spiralled somewhat but at the time I was intending to stay on in it for at least 3 more years. circumstances changed though.

They do require more maintenance than a house or a flat it has to be said.

Didn't realise you lived on it at the same time, thought you renovated it as a hobby/money earner.

https://www.apolloduck.com/listings.phtml?cid=140

Have a look on here. Plenty of cheaper boats plus mooring fees are a lot less if you have a leisure mooring. No licence required to sail one....plus you can enjoy a beer or wine or two as you meander along the canal :)

My mate just drifts around the English/Welsh borders, moving a little bit every 2 weeks. Doesn't cost a penny.

My mate just drifts around the English/Welsh borders, moving a little bit every 2 weeks. Doesn't cost a penny.

Yeh you can do that as long as you have a boat licence (circa £400/year) but the downside is you have no guarentee of electrical hook up, fresh water supply or shower/laundry facilities.

The Canals network is actually starting to clamp down on people who merely "bridge hop" to avoid mooring fees as opposed to those that genuinely do travel the network.

Didn't realise you lived on it at the same time, thought you renovated it as a hobby/money earner.

Boats and the phrase "money earner" don't go together unfortunately. Enjoyable experience none the less.

Yeh you can do that as long as you have a boat licence (circa £400/year) but the downside is you have no guarentee of electrical hook up, fresh water supply or shower/laundry facilities.

The Canals network is actually starting to clamp down on people who merely "bridge hop" to avoid mooring fees as opposed to those that genuinely do travel the network.

He does usually pay for Winter moorings in Llangollen which is a lot cheaper than permanent moorings, although they've started making that more difficult.

He does usually pay for Winter moorings in Llangollen which is a lot cheaper than permanent moorings, although they've started making that more difficult.

I just think like up in Scotland they are trying to get as much money in from the boaters as possible, doesn't help that historically many have paid next to nothing for moorings though. Maintaining the canals isn't cheap and it doesn't help that the government have cut funding.

Poxy?! :o Yeh they are very deceptive but the key is to get the layout right. I probably could have done with keeping the kitchen half a metre shorter to gain in the living room to be honest but they layout generally works.

In todays technological World the living is very comfortable on board.

In all seriousness, the boat looks great, good work.

• 2 years later...
2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

He is now living in a nuclear sub off the coast of Japan.

He knows more than we do I reckon,  #SmartMan