Reasons to be Cheerful

Been offered two full-time jobs for next year, great stuff as it's really difficult to get that first job in teaching after the probation year. Absolutely delighted and it means that the summer holidays in three weeks time will actually feel like the start of a holiday, and not just being unemployed!

Following this RTBC, it gets even better. The rector at the second school I was offered a year's post in has contacted me to say that they were so impressed with me at interview they're offering me a permanent contract.

Absolutely thoroughly delighted. What a massive, massive relief. Looking forward to starting in August.

Following this RTBC, it gets even better. The rector at the second school I was offered a year's post in has contacted me to say that they were so impressed with me at interview they're offering me a permanent contract.

Absolutely thoroughly delighted. What a massive, massive relief. Looking forward to starting in August.

Well done mate

How have you managed that? That sounds fucking brilliant.

My guidance teacher allowed me to pick 3 subjects for 6th Year as they are all Advanced Highers (Maths, Physics and Chemistry - although after my shambolic lack of studying I don't know if I'll get into all of them). AH Physics won't be run at my school but will be done at Caley Uni apparently, if we are allocated spaces for it, meaning that only AH Chemistry and AH Maths were on my timetable. They arsed the timetable up, though, and put Highers in Psychology and RMPS on it (neither of which I am doing - RMPS is a contingency plan in the case that Physics is unavailable). What that means is that out of 32 periods of classes per week, this current timetable gives me 19 free periods per week (although this will change come August). As it stands just now, I have no classes until 11:45am from Tuesday to Friday.

All I had today was AH Maths, but we started the course (on the first day!). I also have homework due for it for tomorrow :thumbsdown

My guidance teacher allowed me to pick 3 subjects for 6th Year as they are all Advanced Highers (Maths, Physics and Chemistry - although after my shambolic lack of studying I don't know if I'll get into all of them). AH Physics won't be run at my school but will be done at Caley Uni apparently, if we are allocated spaces for it, meaning that only AH Chemistry and AH Maths were on my timetable. They arsed the timetable up, though, and put Highers in Psychology and RMPS on it (neither of which I am doing - RMPS is a contingency plan in the case that Physics is unavailable). What that means is that out of 32 periods of classes per week, this current timetable gives me 19 free periods per week (although this will change come August). As it stands just now, I have no classes until 11:45am from Tuesday to Friday.

All I had today was AH Maths, but we started the course (on the first day!). I also have homework due for it for tomorrow :thumbsdown

I had 5 free periods on a Friday last year. It was great at first but it got boring as f**k after a while, especially as my friends had classes for most of them.

Can't speak for Chemistry or Physics (though if the Higher's anything to go by Physics would be brutal) but I found AH Maths to be alright. I struggled with it at first but looking back on it the first unit is actually fairly straightforward. It gets a bit harder after that but as long as you're capable of getting at least a high B at Higher you should be able to pass without having to put in a great deal of work. You'll do proofs in Unit 2, primarily by induction, and I'd recommend putting in a bit of extra effort to fully understand it once you've been taught it. I'd say it's the hardest part of the course but once you get to grips with it you'll be fine and you'll probably feel like this after you've proved something:

smugqq.png

Just because I'm a nosey b*****d, what are you thinking of applying for?

Can't speak for Chemistry or Physics (though if the Higher's anything to go by Physics would be brutal) but I found AH Maths to be alright. I struggled with it at first but looking back on it the first unit is actually fairly straightforward. It gets a bit harder after that but as long as you're capable of getting at least a high B at Higher you should be able to pass without having to put in a great deal of work. You'll do proofs in Unit 2, primarily by induction, and I'd recommend putting in a bit of extra effort to fully understand it once you've been taught it. I'd say it's the hardest part of the course but once you get to grips with it you'll be fine and you'll probably feel like this after you've proved something:

smugqq.png

Just because I'm a nosey b*****d, what are you thinking of applying for?

I still have no idea, probably something science-related as that's probably where I'm strongest, although I'm good across the board. Much will depend on my grades in August though - I really should've had 5 A's this year but I'm just a lazy fanny and my attitude towards studying really lets me down, but it's in the past now and I can only hope to get pretty lucky like I did with my SG's/Int. 2's in 4th Year. A summer of relaxing thinking what I want to do lies ahead!

For what it's worth, I found Higher Physics fairly easy but I've never been great at Electronics. Chemistry was a cake walk for me too. I made a host of stupid mistakes in my exams, but I'm confident that I've carded no C's. By the same token, I'm not confident of any A's either. All I can do now is sit tight and hope for some threshold lowering and lenient markers! :lol: