Reasons to be Cheerful

On 26/04/2023 at 13:19, RuMoore said:

Not usually one for day drinking or solo drinking but I've just travelled to a town and the place I wanted to go is shut for an hour or so ended up with a glorious pint of Peroni and it's the finest pint I've had in my life. Off work for the next 2 days, life could certainly be worse right now. 

Day drinking >>>>>>> Evening drinking

12 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Don’t care who wins or goes down next week and the quality of football probably won’t be great either, but i am really looking forward to watching the drama at the top and bottom of the championship unfold next week. 
twice in the space of a few weeks, Scottish football has had title races go down to the last day with the top two going head to head. 

I've added about twenty grey hairs watching Accies this season, I fully expect a full head of grey by 10pm on Friday 

13 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Don’t care who wins or goes down next week and the quality of football probably won’t be great either, but i am really looking forward to watching the drama at the top and bottom of the championship unfold next week. 
twice in the space of a few weeks, Scottish football has had title races go down to the last day with the top two going head to head. 

My youngest said the league was like a TV series that you didn't want to end. The fool.

I told him that I wished it was like Peep Show and they should have wrapped it up a round earlier.

PTTGOYN...

Dundee FC.

29 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

My youngest said the league was like a TV series that you didn't want to end. The fool.

I told him that I wished it was like Peep Show and they should have wrapped it up a round earlier.

PTTGOYN...

Dundee FC.

🤣 Ah the innocence of youth. 

Despite reading on here many, many times about the (near) impossibility of being done for not having a TV licence, I've always been too much of a shitebag to cancel my long-standing monthly DD.

Until Lizzie died - the subsequent BBC mournfest drove me over the edge, and I cancelled the payment.

Yesterday, I recieved a cheque for £26.50 'unused licence payment'. Good old BBC, I say.

After getting humped in the first few games of the season my son's football team won their first game. 6-1! I put it down to my Alex Ferguson hairdryer impression at training during the week where I lost it with them for not paying attention.

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

After getting humped in the first few games of the season my son's football team won their first game. 6-1! I put it down to my Alex Ferguson hairdryer impression at training during the week where I lost it with them for not paying attention.

Sorry, you were saying?

Edited by Boghead ranter

4 hours ago, Swarley said:

Tom Gleisner talks ‘Have You Been Paying Attention?’ and why Paulini ...

Club threads when the team gets stuck in a league they consider beneath them.

Always a joy to see fans reacting like they're working their first shift at a nursing home and discovering that changing adult nappies is part of the job description - "OH GOD GET ME OUT OF HERE I CAN'T STAND IT"  :P

8 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Club threads when the team gets stuck in a league they consider beneath them.

Always a joy to see fans reacting like they're working their first shift at a nursing home and discovering that changing adult nappies is part of the job description - "OH GOD GET ME OUT OF HERE I CAN'T STAND IT"  :P

Any team in particular?