Reasons to be Cheerful

This could be a PTTGOYN (or worse) for many, but I enjoy coming home from holiday, especially to find a non-destroyed, non-flooded house.  

As much as holidays are grand, I get to the point where I think "that's enough now, but it's been fun".  Not so much 'homesick', but just enjoy the novelty of occasionally knowing where everything is, being able to board public transport without worrying about a ticketing f*** up, conversing fluently in your own language, not needing to think about sunburn, not smelling the occasional blast of sewage in the street, no struggling to find a bar showing the World Cup, etc etc.  

#HomeSweetHome

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

Of course.

Lee Dorrian FTW!

I used to know a guy who would pronounce Lee's name as if it spelt "Leader Ryan". It at least partly accounts for why we lost touch.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I feel ya Hedgy.  After a week anywhere I need to get into my own bed and feel warm and happy at home. 

Happy I remember, but is Warm a new dwarf?

The youngest is progressing well with his pool, apart from covid times we have played it every Saturday for over 2 years now. Thank you @Mr. Alli The Old Mill is fantastic.

We play best out of 5 and he has never beaten me over the 5, until last weekend. When I was 1-0 up, I told him if he beats me on the day, I will give him £5.

4-1 the little shit beat me.

Now I'm not claiming to be a World beater at pool, but I have played it countless times in pubs and offshore. He is 11 and it is great to see how far he has come.

23 hours ago, scottsdad said:

My long weekend of beer and football has been extended. The wife's planned new year holiday is now 5 nights long. 

Reveal hidden contents

s_1552036352.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

The prof will be returning from the Christmas holidays looking like the cat who got the cream.

The Prof is laid up having had hand surgery last week. I told the wife and the conversation went like this.

"He had an operation on his hand."

"Was it a wanking injury?"

"No, he said it was a long-standing-"

"Wanking. He injured himself wanking."

"This is the second operation he has had."

"Yep. For wanking."

The youngest is progressing well with his pool, apart from covid times we have played it every Saturday for over 2 years now. Thank you [mention=76717]Mr. Alli[/mention] The Old Mill is fantastic.
We play best out of 5 and he has never beaten me over the 5, until last weekend. When I was 1-0 up, I told him if he beats me on the day, I will give him £5.
4-1 the little shit beat me.
Now I'm not claiming to be a World beater at pool, but I have played it countless times in pubs and offshore. He is 11 and it is great to see how far he has come.

I reckon he's stringing you along. Plays shite until you tell him you'll pay him if he wins and he hands out a thrashing? That's no coincidence.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I reckon he's stringing you along. Plays shite until you tell him you'll pay him if he wins and he hands out a thrashing? That's no coincidence.

Just hustled me, it's not like I fouled and potted the black, or eased off, I really tried to win. Money grabbing little shite. Let's see who's laughing on Christmas morning!

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Just hustled me, it's not like I fouled and potted the black, or eased off, I really tried to win. Money grabbing little shite. Let's see who's laughing on Christmas morning!

Just received my £10 DWP Christmas bonus.

I've been doing so much cost-cutting, scrutinising every KwH of electricity, and general worthiness.

Time for enjoyments.

Ordered some artisan chocolates infused with single malt whisky. 

Edited by beefybake