Reasons to be Cheerful

Finishing up work tomorrow ahead of starting a new job next week.

Going from 6 day weeks to 4.5  and will be living the 'half day Friday' dream. And a decent increase in £. 

A bit bittersweet as most of my current colleagues are good c***s, but all good things come to an end.

13 minutes ago, beesher said:

Finishing up work tomorrow ahead of starting a new job next week.

Going from 6 day weeks to 4.5  and will be living the 'half day Friday' dream. And a decent increase in £. 

A bit bittersweet as most of my current colleagues are good c***s, but all good things come to an end.

Always a bit of a wrench to leave somewhere if you're working with good people, I was the same when I left my last place. I'd been there best part of 10 years and probably overstayed due to pretty much all of my workmates being sound af, including a couple of mates I'd been friends with for years before I'd even started there.

More money for less hours/days is a complete no brainer though, and getting the best work/life balance you can is important. Best of luck, hope it works out for you.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

People sending me CVs saying "attention to detail" followed by typos.

Perhaps somebody with such a great sense of humour is just what the workplace needs?

I was interviewing candidates for a lectureship a couple of months ago. One guy's CV was very well written.

Only, during the interview the guy unravelled a bit. Turns out he had lied on his CV. Said he had won grants that he hadn't, written books that didn't exist, taught places he hadn't and so on.

When he was informed he didn't get the job he wrote a well-crafted expletive-laden email in reply.

20 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was interviewing candidates for a lectureship a couple of months ago. One guy's CV was very well written.

Only, during the interview the guy unravelled a bit. Turns out he had lied on his CV. Said he had won grants that he hadn't, written books that didn't exist, taught places he hadn't and so on.

When he was informed he didn't get the job he wrote a well-crafted expletive-laden email in reply.

Aye, but you can understand why Oaksoft chanced his arm, considering how much he's paying for his heating now.

Glorious email from work. They realise there are weirdos working for us who want the day off for the funeral, but they also realise that most of us don't care. We're not exactly in the enviable position of Centre Parcs where we can just shut down the business for a day, so they've given everyone an extra day's paid holiday to be used on Monday or whenever I bloody well feel like.

Fingers crossed for a King Ralphian tragedy at the funeral so I can end up with the whole of the World Cup off.

It’s my birthday today and thanks to the queen dying I have a 3 day weekend which will then be followed by a 3 day working m week followed by a 4 day weekend as we get the Glasgow September weekend off at work. Next weekend I’m getting two nights away in a nice hotel as well.

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s my birthday today and thanks to the queen dying I have a 3 day weekend which will then be followed by a 3 day working m week followed by a 4 day weekend as we get the Glasgow September weekend off at work. Next weekend I’m getting two nights away in a nice hotel as well.

Many happy returns, hopefully the family get you a nice cake

Spoiler

image.jpeg.51bcc2dc043e5c406cfd931743fc97b8.jpeg