Reasons to be Cheerful

Following a win at Falkirk, the mighty QP are top of the league and the McEwan's Export in this old man's pub is pretty good. Two square sausage waiting for me at home for my quality evening meal. It's important not to set your sights too high in life re being cheerful.

Working for an English based company, I get this bank holiday off when rest of house don't. 

Using the time well and heading through to Edinburgh for the Ray Harryhausen exhibition. I may treat myself to one or two lunchtime Vitamin Ts as well. 

The class of Steve Clarke and the Scotland Men's National team in steadfastly refusing to qualify for Qatar as a statement against the questionable morality of said state.

Also, still being pished at 9am after watching the football the night before.

On 30/08/2021 at 10:24, PWL said:

Working for an English based company, I get this bank holiday off when rest of house don't. 

Using the time well and heading through to Edinburgh for the Ray Harryhausen exhibition. I may treat myself to one or two lunchtime Vitamin Ts as well. 

I had no idea about the Harryhausen exhibition, so thankyou.  I'll be arranging a visit through for that myself 

11 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I had no idea about the Harryhausen exhibition, so thankyou.  I'll be arranging a visit through for that myself 

It was tremendous.  If you are a child of the late 70s/early 80s like me then you'll have grown up with those films.  All the models and artwork are there. 

You can download the audio guide to your phone via an App and its a great way to view it. I spent a good 90mins at it. 

DSC_0152.thumb.JPG.f3843b9f166939b32eea179eb8169807.JPG

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

Managed to secure a seasonal caravan pitch for the whole of next summer season.

Lucky you, I’ve just been out off mine after 3 years, statics make more money. 

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

Managed to secure a seasonal caravan pitch for the whole of next summer season.

I'll give you a shout if I need my drive tarred or my gutters cleaned.

8 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Mum has be discharged from hospital after being 3 months in it.

From needing an Ect , and eventually she didn't get it and is doing really well. From sipping out a cup and being in a wheelchair and now fully walking and not arching her back while walking. 

Just unreal feeling to have her home 🙂

That's a Reason To Be Fucking Ecstatic, not an RTBC.

On 04/09/2021 at 16:50, heedthebaa said:

Lucky you, I’ve just been out off mine after 3 years, statics make more money. 

We just want somewhere for the kids to enjoy themselves,the park has a swimming pool,bar,resturant and play park so win win(a Bar)

Edited by keithgy

41 minutes ago, keithgy said:

We just want somewhere for the kids to enjoy themselves,the park has a swimming pool,bar,resturant and play park so win win(a Bar)

Better than pulling it everytime you want to use it bud, there’s very few seasonals down this way 

On 17/08/2021 at 21:22, Cardle is Magic said:

I visited a drop-in mental health centre last week and spoke to someone about my depression.

It didn’t really make a significant difference tbh and I didn’t have any breakthrough but it was a huge step for me to actually attend the session.

After over a decade of depression, low mood, anxiety etc, I started my first set of anti-depressants yesterday.

I’m hoping this can be another positive step forward for me.