Reasons to be Cheerful

41 minutes ago, ClathyDave said:

Got married this morning. We decided it would just be me, the missus and her local pastor (for signing the document) as I couldn’t have any family or friends there. We’ll have a proper do next summer though 🍻

Congratulations to both of you!

On 24/06/2021 at 14:57, DiegoDiego said:

First full pay through at the new job. 68% rise compared to my previous place.

I have recently taken a 40% pay cut to shift careers & haven't been so happy in over a decade even though I spend my days listening to people calling me, & the bank I work for, absolute c***s. No matter where & how you find it, job satisfaction is vital to being content in life.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Who says lightning never strikes twice in the same place? Two mentions of marriage and RTBC. 

If lightning was ever to strike twice in one place, I am confident that would be the very spot in which you were standing.

7 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Incidentally, why have you forsaken the pointy one so soon?

It was just to help get me used to the idea of him as our manager. Wasn’t his biggest fan before but now I like Peter Grant. 

On 26/06/2021 at 08:00, MONKMAN said:

Got married yesterday on the rooftop terrace at the Glasshouse and the rain stayed off until we’ll after the service, the sun even managed to make a brief appearance. 
In the evening, we went down to Kitchin with 17 friends and family and had a thoroughly excellent day. 
Life is good. 

Delighted for you. Kitchin is a really terrific restaurant.

10 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Delighted for you. Kitchin is a really terrific restaurant.

It really is superb, and Friday night did not disappoint. Tom even came into the private dining room for a chat and gave monkwoman a lovely bunch of flowers, which was nice of the floppy haired twat. 

We’re going down to London tomorrow morning for 5 nights, so got a few places lined up that will hopefully blow it out the water.

9 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

It really is superb, and Friday night did not disappoint. Tom even came into the private dining room for a chat and gave monkwoman a lovely bunch of flowers, which was nice of the floppy haired twat. 

We’re going down to London tomorrow morning for 5 nights, so got a few places lined up that will hopefully blow it out the water.

You’ll have better things to do than P&B on honeymoon but let us know if you find anywhere decent in London. The choice is mind-boggling. Heading down for a few days next month. 

Fairly enlightened by the neutral on the Brechin thread getting his frillies in a twist because the 'unwelcoming' club never sent him back a second reply text to keep him in the loop about on availability on the 250 tickets available for the Brechin v Kelty playoff game, this being after they replied saying they'd see what they could do.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Fairly enlightened by the neutral on the Brechin thread getting his frillies in a twist because the 'unwelcoming' club never sent him back a second reply text to keep him in the loop about on availability on the 250 tickets available for the Brechin v Kelty playoff game, this being after they replied saying they'd see what they could do.

I'm with him on this one Brechin are complacent because they've got a hedge and sell soup. They deserve all they get.