Reasons to be Cheerful

The current house we are in was previously owned by the Christian Literature Crusade and the occupants  who lived here worked for them. (my winning bid for the house ended in 666 which I still chuckle at). 

Anyway, for a few years we continued to get odd bits of their mail which included a subscription to some magazine that sold vestments, nuns outfits and big holy ornaments.

An interesting "read", I must say. 

48 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The wife’s summer Bravissimo catalogue arrived in the post this morning. Always a highlight.

38 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I do enjoy new Bravissimo catalogue day.  Going old school.

will sign her up for it ASAP

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The current house we are in was previously owned by the Christian Literature Crusade and the occupants  who lived here worked for them. (my winning bid for the house ended in 666 which I still chuckle at). 

Anyway, for a few years we continued to get odd bits of their mail which included a subscription to some magazine that sold vestments, nuns outfits and big holy ornaments.

An interesting "read", I must say. 

You're a big holy ornament.

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fucking glorious today. Beer stocked up, barbecue supplies in for tonight and tomorrow, 90s hip hop on, off work till a week on Monday. A happy wee man.

That is basically me though I'm more of a happy fat man.

Back to work tomorrow. If I wasn't in training I'd never post such a thing as a RTBC but given I should have been qualified over a year ago and be on a decent amount more money right now I'm happy to get back out and get qualified.

Back to work tomorrow. If I wasn't in training I'd never post such a thing as a RTBC but given I should have been qualified over a year ago and be on a decent amount more money right now I'm happy to get back out and get qualified.
Good luck mucker! You'll remember a hell of a lot more than you think! I've got my trainee returning with me next week, reassured him the same. (Remember our PCR is a bit different to the rest of the World's right now [emoji6])

Good luck mucker! You'll remember a hell of a lot more than you think! I've got my trainee returning with me next week, reassured him the same. (Remember our PCR is a bit different to the rest of the World's right now [emoji6])
Steam trains > modern diesels

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Good stuff, and good luck with the rest of your training. I was fortunate and passed out a few weeks before this whole shitshow kicked off. Must have been a helluva frustrating year for you, but great you're finally getting back in the saddle. 

Good stuff, and good luck with the rest of your training. I was fortunate and passed out a few weeks before this whole shitshow kicked off. Must have been a helluva frustrating year for you, but great you're finally getting back in the saddle. 
I was lucky in that I got back for about 3 months before the second lockdown came in. It made it all the more frustrating mind you as I went off at 240 odd hours. I got time with the kids that I wouldn't have otherwise and of course wasn't furloughed so it did have it's advantages as well. Glad to get back now though.