Reasons to be Cheerful

Seen the da eating a pumpkin for some reason, then the maw and da having a wee play fight, then the maw pishing all over the da's bed. 
Also seen the Bairn (lion, not mine) doing a massive shite. All in all a proper result in the Lion reserve. 
Aye they seemed to love the pumpkin.

Did you manage to catch one of the bird shows? That was pretty good as well.

2 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Aye they seemed to love the pumpkin.

Did you manage to catch one of the bird shows? That was pretty good as well.

Na the timing didnt suit, but also the wife is shit scared of Birds of Prey so I didnt push that. Oldest daughter being shit scared of the dinosaurs was another highlight. Utterly convinced she was going to be eaten. 

Na the timing didnt suit, but also the wife is shit scared of Birds of Prey so I didnt push that. Oldest daughter being shit scared of the dinosaurs was another highlight. Utterly convinced she was going to be eaten. 
My wee girl loved the dinosaurs but there was a look in her face that she maybe thought they were real and was about to become their tea.

All in all I was quite surprised at how decent the place was overall, especially for the kids.

I thought the birds looked miserable and a bit stressed out when I went. Sat on wee stumps in the full glare of the sun panting. Seemed cruel.
Otherwise Blair Drummond is grand and if you've got wee kids the annual pass is a no-brainer.
Didn't seem that way yesterday but then the weather was the complete opposite - I have no idea if that has a bearing on the mood of the birds but it probably does.

I think you mean the enclosure now that I have thought about it - yes I see what you mean.

The wee show thing was good and the birds seemed happy as laldy.

Carrying on from what was only about 25% joking re "Wee Nippy taking muh bevvy", I have just bottled 34 bottles of my Christmas Ale. Aging is advised for this one but it tastes good now, so high hopes for me being pished on Christmas day whilst you lot live in prohibition

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Carrying on from what was only about 25% joking re "Wee Nippy taking muh bevvy", I have just bottled 34 bottles of my Christmas Ale. Aging is advised for this one but it tastes good now, so high hopes for me being pished on Christmas day whilst you lot live in prohibition

After very helpfully pointing you in the direction of where you can buy bottles of Augustiner Helles, I'll be fucking seething if I don't at least get a bottle of your homemade stuff for Christmas. 

After very helpfully pointing you in the direction of where you can buy bottles of Augustiner Helles, I'll be fucking seething if I don't at least get a bottle of your homemade stuff for Christmas. 
Not sure that the two are linked, but if you send me your particulars I will furnish you. I will take the liberty of holding on to them for 10 to 14 days till they are carbed up, but I already owe another P&Ber a beer which I will also send him at the same time.

Getting a clean split through a log with a splitting maul, resulting in equally sized halves flying out at great speed, making a reverberating pinging noise because one hit the washing line pole with some serious oomph.  Incredibly satisfying.

giphy.gif

Eta: a fine bit of damage for the day, although annihilation of the tree trunk has left a gap along the bottom of the hedge.  <_<

image.png.efe19240ebda5f9cf3f5401956e6818d.png

Edited by Hedgecutter

On 13/10/2020 at 10:41, scottmcleanscontacts said:

My wee girl loved the dinosaurs but there was a look in her face that she maybe thought they were real and was about to become their tea.

All in all I was quite surprised at how decent the place was overall, especially for the kids.

We went in AUgust - pissed down all day but still had a decent day. I liked the way the Dinosaur trail worked like a rock concert, starting with the wee support beasties, leading up to the finale of the Velociraptors before, "Hey, they haven't playe- oh, here we go!", the big T Rex encore. Lions were wndering about lokking unhappily drookit, but no sign of the Tiger. Rosette 3 had a grand time imitating chickens, and number 4 tried staring out the owls, for some reason. They are 21 and 17 - sometimes I question my parenting skills.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Getting a clean split through a log with a splitting maul, resulting in equally sized halves flying out at great speed, making a reverberating pinging noise because one hit the washing line pole with some serious oomph.  Incredibly satisfying.

giphy.gif

Eta: a fine bit of damage for the day, although annihilation of the tree trunk has left a gap along the bottom of the hedge.  <_<

0e15fe0413e08747fede62a12f903c75.gif

21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

giphy.gif

^^

d879ed3661b70e30eb70e0637aa9a996.gif

On 16/10/2020 at 11:02, Bairnardo said:

This years encounter with Santa Claus has been booked, and instead of being fleeced at the Edinburgh market alongside it, is much more local and includes sandwiches cakes and tea. What a result.

Glenskirlie per chance? 🤔