Reasons to be Cheerful

Noticed a squirrel was visiting our back yard a month or so back, so I started scattering nuts out in case they were hungry. Been doing it every few days since then and, while I haven't seen much in the way of squirrel action, the nuts have always disappeared. I figured the wee bugger was visiting while I was out at work, and made himself scarce by the time I got home.

Like King Wenceslas, I looked out the kitchen window over Christmas, and SQUIRRELS! SQUIRRELS EVERYWHERE! SQUIRRELMAGEDDON! I now have a horde of the wee fuckers living in the trees out the back, crawling around all over the roughcasting and doing mental backflips and shit off the roof. I've even been doing the dishes and found one of them outside the kitchen window watching me. I cannot describe how pleasing it is to see them.

Why would you recommend a basketball game to people who aren't interested in basketball?
Firstly, because like with any activity there's a lot of people who aren't into it simply because they've never really considered doing it and for them it would be the perfect place to start.

Secondly, just as even if you didn't like football you could still enjoy and appreciate an occasion like the Hibs-Sevco final on a cultural and entertainment level, it's one of the things everyone should really do if they spend any time in Lithuania.

In reply to the other question (multi-quote won't work on the app) it was a 16,000 sell out. The club own the arena so make a fair packet from gigs and such too. I heard some interesting stories of Vladimir Romanov's time in charge too.

6 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Firstly, because like with any activity there's a lot of people who aren't into it simply because they've never really considered doing it and for them it would be the perfect place to start.

Secondly, just as even if you didn't like football you could still enjoy and appreciate an occasion like the Hibs-Sevco final on a cultural and entertainment level, it's one of the things everyone should really do if they spend any time in Lithuania.

In reply to the other question (multi-quote won't work on the app) it was a 16,000 sell out. The club own the arena so make a fair packet from gigs and such too. I heard some interesting stories of Vladimir Romanov's time in charge too.

I'm sorry but I couldn't enjoy any sporting event of a sport I don't usually like just because it's a final or a massive game. You take me to a basketball/rugby/cricket game and I'm going to be bored off my tits no matter the magnitude of that particular game. 

I'm sorry but I couldn't enjoy any sporting event of a sport I don't usually like just because it's a final or a massive game. You take me to a basketball/rugby/cricket game and I'm going to be bored off my tits no matter the magnitude of that particular game. 
Only boring people are bored.

Noticed a squirrel was visiting our back yard a month or so back, so I started scattering nuts out in case they were hungry. Been doing it every few days since then and, while I haven't seen much in the way of squirrel action, the nuts have always disappeared. I figured the wee bugger was visiting while I was out at work, and made himself scarce by the time I got home.
Like King Wenceslas, I looked out the kitchen window over Christmas, and SQUIRRELS! SQUIRRELS EVERYWHERE! SQUIRRELMAGEDDON! I now have a horde of the wee fuckers living in the trees out the back, crawling around all over the roughcasting and doing mental backflips and shit off the roof. I've even been doing the dishes and found one of them outside the kitchen window watching me. I cannot describe how pleasing it is to see them.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
17 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Only boring people are bored.

That's a ridiculous saying. You could easily flip it and say "Only simple people are easily entertained". 

On 03/01/2020 at 09:49, DiegoDiego said:

Secondly, just as even if you didn't like football you could still enjoy and appreciate an occasion like the Hibs-Sevco final on a cultural and entertainment level

You need to be immersed in Scottish football to fully appreciate the absolute joy of the 2016 Scottish Cup final

On 03/01/2020 at 09:46, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Greys?

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Greys?

Seems to be some crossbreed. One's about 50/50 with big red stripes, and another has a grey body and red head. Very odd, like he had another squirrel's head transplanted onto his body.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

If they get into your hoose, Dave, you’re in trouble. Notorious to get the wee fuckers out again.

We have a single grey that visits the front tree. 

I have cats and a dug, so they'd better think twice. Also, I've eaten squirrel before, and it was quite tasty.

I'll get the spare room sorted in case this one drops by, however...

Spoiler

11032145_hi?$pdp_hero_standard$

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Seems to be some crossbreed. One's about 50/50 with big red stripes, and another has a grey body and red head. Very odd, like he had another squirrel's head transplanted onto his body.

I have cats and a dug, so they'd better think twice. Also, I've eaten squirrel before, and it was quite tasty.

I'll get the spare room sorted in case this one drops by, however...

Reveal hidden contents

11032145_hi?$pdp_hero_standard$

Sounds like a collectors' item.

Get it stuffed and put it on ebay