Reasons to be Cheerful

Guest Moomintroll
Falkirk's Poet Laureate Lorna Johnston could pick up a few tips from Jenna Guillaume.
Oh, and RIP Moomintroll, obvs. Much missed, etc.
Not dead yet, give it a couple of hours.

Guest Moomintroll
Hope it lived up to all you were expecting ??   Did you manage to see any of the sharks through the brown murky water immediately outside your cage ??
Was actually in an aquarium so was right in beside them with no cage. Well fed & tame really so they just think of humans as mobile furniture. Still scary when a 4 metre long shark swims past 12 inches above your head, would recommend it for anyone who likes marine life.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
10 hours ago, hearthammer said:
Hope it lived up to all you were expecting ??   Did you manage to see any of the sharks through the brown murky water immediately outside your cage ??

Was actually in an aquarium so was right in beside them with no cage. Well fed & tame really so they just think of humans as mobile furniture. Still scary when a 4 metre long shark swims past 12 inches above your head, would recommend it for anyone who likes marine life.

I'd like to choose who does the swimming and what kind of shark they get.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Guest Moomintroll
Where was it? I've swum with reef sharks but they're only about 6 feet

Blue Planet in Ellesmere Port, Female Sand Tiger Sharks are the biggies they have.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:
Where was it? I've swum with reef sharks but they're only about 6 feet

Blue Planet in Ellesmere Port, Female Sand Tiger Sharks are the biggies they have.

Brilliant you were that close to see that they were females.  Personally, i'd have had my eyes on their mouths and the rows of f*k off teeth.  But, hey ho    😎

4 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
12 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Even if a shark was lying at the bottom of a tank comatose with a full belly, there is not a chance I'd be in there with it, the big dead eyed fucks that they are. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Even if a shark was lying at the bottom of a tank comatose with a full belly, there is not a chance I'd be in there with it, the big dead eyed fucks that they are. 

I looked them up. They're the shitiest sharks in the world. No, none, zero attacks on humans. This Moomin cùnt is at it. Get him with a real shark

9 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Lifeless eyes, black eyes. Like a doll's eyes.

I think this thread must have subconsciously affected my choice of Netflix viewing yesterday  :lol:

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I was snorkelling in the Indian Ocean earlier this year with my daughter. A big shark swam by. There was about 0.5 seconds thinking "wow, what a majestic big shark" followed by many expletives.

I was snorkelling in the Indian Ocean earlier this year with my daughter. A big shark swam by. There was about 0.5 seconds thinking "wow, what a majestic big shark" followed by many expletives.
Have mentioned this before I think, but I swam in amongst dolphins before, and even with such happy wee chappies as those, the realisation dawned on me very quickly that I was in their house. Proper feeling of helplessness if such a powerful creature was to decide it didnt want you in its house anymore.

Things move through the water like fucking bullets.

I'd heard dolphins were far more dangerous. Sharks will go for you if they think you look tasty, whereas dolphins will attack/rape you for shits and giggles.

Don't they tear turtles apart for fun?

Hired a car to visit my wife's aunt at the weekend, booked a compact/hatchback, when we got to the hire place they didn't have any left so upgraded us for free to a Ford Expedition, shame when we dropped it off yesterday we had to downgrade to the bus. 

4 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Hired a car to visit my wife's aunt at the weekend, booked a compact/hatchback, when we got to the hire place they didn't have any left so upgraded us for free to a Ford Expedition, shame when we dropped it off yesterday we had to downgrade to the bus. 

That's happened to me before, always worth booking the cheapest model, even if they unfortunately have one available you can always pay for an upgrade on the spot if you need a bigger car.